FamGC

Help Needed I-130

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I'm new here and need help with my I-130 for my wife. I am a GC holder (got approved in Nov 2012) and my wife is on H1B visa ( we got married last week). Can anyone help me with the step-by-step procedure for the I-130?

Thanks.

Feb 06 2013:I-130 PD (Case transferred to Nebraska on Aug 20 2013)

Sep 27, 2013: I-130 approved.

July 31 2013: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent

Aug 01 2013: USCIS received AOS package

Aug 06 2013: NOA 1 received for AOS

Aug 16 2013: FP notice received

Aug 29 2013: FP done

Sep 09 2013: Status changed to Testing & Interview

Sep 16 2013: Email notification for Interview (scheduled on Oct 17 2013)

Oct 17 2013 Case Approved

Oct 22 2013 CPO email received

Oct 25 2013 Card mailed
Oct 28 2013 Card received

Hi all,

I'm new here and need help with my I-130 for my wife. I am a GC holder (got approved in Nov 2012) and my wife is on H1B visa ( we got married last week). Can anyone help me with the step-by-step procedure for the I-130?

Thanks.

educate your self with this step. Good Luck! :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US#Step_0_-_Preparing_For_The_NVC_Process

RYubm4.png

Filed: Timeline

N4th4ly4!

Thanks for the info. I'll file her I-130 asap. I'm worried because she has ~1.5 years left on her H1B. As I understand, the whole process takes about 2.5 years to get the GC under F2A category. What are my options here?

Feb 06 2013:I-130 PD (Case transferred to Nebraska on Aug 20 2013)

Sep 27, 2013: I-130 approved.

July 31 2013: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent

Aug 01 2013: USCIS received AOS package

Aug 06 2013: NOA 1 received for AOS

Aug 16 2013: FP notice received

Aug 29 2013: FP done

Sep 09 2013: Status changed to Testing & Interview

Sep 16 2013: Email notification for Interview (scheduled on Oct 17 2013)

Oct 17 2013 Case Approved

Oct 22 2013 CPO email received

Oct 25 2013 Card mailed
Oct 28 2013 Card received

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

N4th4ly4!

Thanks for the info. I'll file her I-130 asap. I'm worried because she has ~1.5 years left on her H1B. As I understand, the whole process takes about 2.5 years to get the GC under F2A category. What are my options here?

When her H1B expires, she will have to return to her home country and wait for her F2A visa there.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

N4th4ly4!

She can stay in US when her visa will expired, and wait for approval, once it approved apply for AOS and work authorisation, there is no need to leave US! I'm almost in the same boat with you guys, waiting for approval right now!

Timeline

I believe if it is and LPR petitioning, the person they are petitioning must be in the US in legal status to adjust.

Not necessarily, they are legally married and the immigration papers is in process , my friends case was the same and at the interview nobody asked any question.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She can stay in US when her visa will expired, and wait for approval, once it approved apply for AOS and work authorisation, there is no need to leave US! I'm almost in the same boat with you guys, waiting for approval right now!

Really? Yer spouse is a LPR ? And yer here on an expired H1-B ? And this actually works?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

As long as you entered US legally, how do you think all those people who live here illegally for so many years and they got married and got their statuses adjusted without any problems! Again as long as you entered legally and didn't commit any crime!

Timeline

As long as you entered US legally, how do you think all those people who live here illegally for so many years and they got married and got their statuses adjusted without any problems! Again as long as you entered legally and didn't commit any crime!

Sorry, they had a USCitizen involved, the spouse. Is your spouse a USCitizen, or no?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You know advising someone to break immigration laws is against the terms of service here.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

No, it's about LPR! If petitioner is USC then they can file I-130,I - 485,I-765 all concurrently! If petitioner is LPR , they file it after I-130 approval !

Timeline

No, it's about LPR! If petitioner is USC then they can file I-130,I - 485,I-765 all concurrently! If petitioner is LPR , they file it after I-130 approval !

ya know, yer right !

They key is to have a USCitizen spouse.

The OP isn't one of those, so to say 'same same' is specious.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You have to be in legal status to adjust status in the US as a relative of an LPR. source bottom right of page one. source

:thumbs:

Daria, please be careful regarding information you get from friends, they may have a different situation or a special case. Also remember our TOS: http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms "You will not... Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method."

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.