CHarvey80

I-130 and I-129 filers, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED!

126 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have felt that pain at the airport, too. Some take the 'easy' way, short circuiting the system and in all likelihood lengthening the process for those of us who chose to follow the law and the legal path to immigration. Why do we do it? I can only speak for myself. I do it because I try to be a law abiding citizen. And there is another, more personal, reason. I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder. And even if we could be together today, the pain of being ripped apart with little hope of reuniting would be far greater than the pain that I suffer today. So I chose to look toward a bright future, albeit delayed.

So true!!! Ameen..

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

It seem our country away rewards the bad kids or lawbreaker. We put all these support programs in place to help them break the Law. Its time that we reward the people here who are following the Law. If you are doing the right thing you get very little help and support. It would be interesting if they were to reward us moving everyone to the front who is doing it legally. There been articles about if you are granted a green card you will have to speak English. The funny thing is that already is in the law. I know this my not solve any of the problems we face but wouldn't it be a nice change to reward US. The people who are doing the right thing. I am just starting the process and I have to leave my new family next week at least for six months to get everything ready and the applications. It also make me mad they probably will not have to spend half as much money as we are here. It seem it pays to be a illegal. I will go through the process the right way. I hope that during this new reform they are talking about we are not left out. Anybody have a good lobbyist contact we can use. Sorry for my rant just looking at all the paperwork and costs for to long.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

It seem our country away rewards the bad kids or lawbreaker. We put all these support programs in place to help them break the Law. Its time that we reward the people here who are following the Law. If you are doing the right thing you get very little help and support. It would be interesting if they were to reward us moving everyone to the front who is doing it legally. There been articles about if you are granted a green card you will have to speak English. The funny thing is that already is in the law. I know this my not solve any of the problems we face but wouldn't it be a nice change to reward US. The people who are doing the right thing. I am just starting the process and I have to leave my new family next week at least for six months to get everything ready and the applications. It also make me mad they probably will not have to spend half as much money as we are here. It seem it pays to be a illegal. I will go through the process the right way. I hope that during this new reform they are talking about we are not left out. Anybody have a good lobbyist contact we can use. Sorry for my rant just looking at all the paperwork and costs for to long.

Go ahead and rant! That's what this is here for ! Haha , and u know someone told me..I forgot there name sorry..that since this new dream act has started a few months ago they already aproved at least 100,000...u can check online I guess...wow..

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This was an invitation to a party.... and here's something to celebrate: we got our approval on January 29 (189 days). Since then, our petition was forwarded to NVC the same day. Got our SD case number and the packet headed across the pond today. The process is moving a whole lot faster now. BIG SMILE :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh my god you guy are acting like immatures and selfish doing that ..you guys think its gona be easy for them..which Is not ..you know how hard is for them to actually become legal and not to be scared of border patrol deporting them when they only want a better life..this what you guys are doin is the number one reason why ur process is takin long kuz gid is seein the way u guys are acting..and not just bekuz its all over the news it means its gona be easier their are goin to go through the same process we are goin..but oh well if you guy think that doin this gina make ur process go faster go for it..just remember that when their process approved faster than yours..and you ask why..just listen ti god he will answer your question..kuz at the end we're all humans and have families feelings and necessities. .

Oh my god you guy are acting like immatures and selfish doing that ..you guys think its gona be easy for them..which Is not ..you know how hard is for them to actually become legal and not to be scared of border patrol deporting them when they only want a better life..this what you guys are doin is the number one reason why ur process is takin long kuz gid is seein the way u guys are acting..and not just bekuz its all over the news it means its gona be easier their are goin to go through the same process we are goin..but oh well if you guy think that doin this gina make ur process go faster go for it..just remember that when their process approved faster than yours..and you ask why..just listen ti god he will answer your question..kuz at the end we're all humans and have families feelings and necessities. .

This is not the right thread for you.

Shhhh.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Considering the bible is full of rules and such, I would think God is all about following rules. Also, since there was nothing in the bible regarding immigration I don't think they care about it.

God is not on my list of things I fear, sorry.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Considering the bible is full of rules and such, I would think God is all about following rules. Also, since there was nothing in the bible regarding immigration I don't think they care about it.

God is not on my list of things I fear, sorry.

There's plenty of things in the Bible about being kind to the stranger in your midst.

When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34; compare Exodus 23:9 and Deuteronomy 10:18-19; also read Job 31:32, Zechariah 7:9-10, Matthew 25:31-46, and 1 John 3:17-18)

Unfortunately the Republicans seem to be reading a different Bible.

I'm perfectly irreligious myself, by the way, yet my fundamentalist Christian brother and sister-in-law are for all the oppressive laws in Arizona and all the proposed border ####### here in Texas. And he and I are the son and daughter of a refugee from the Hungarian Revolution, and she was literally smuggled across the Rio Grande as a baby. I don't get it.

And yes, my husband is an atheist as well. You know that Northern Ireland joke about "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?" IT'S NOT A JOKE. :rofl:

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

*you're

That's the word you single out.....

:whistle:

Although, in her defense if she is the beneficiary, not to shabby.

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

That's the word you single out.....

:whistle:

Although, in her defense if she is the beneficiary, not to shabby.

My theory is, if you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. But whatever.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Haha your so patheric ..good luck in your journey

*you're *on

Hon, if you're going to go around throwing the "God is watching you" defense for getting offended at people having different opinions than you, I don't think insults are the way to go. And really, did you think a forum about the LEGAL visa route was going to have a plethora of illegal immigrant sympathizers? Come on now. Simmer down. No need for arguments.

Edited by oohpartiv

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

There's plenty of things in the Bible about being kind to the stranger in your midst.

When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34; compare Exodus 23:9 and Deuteronomy 10:18-19; also read Job 31:32, Zechariah 7:9-10, Matthew 25:31-46, and 1 John 3:17-18)

Unfortunately the Republicans seem to be reading a different Bible.

I'm perfectly irreligious myself, by the way, yet my fundamentalist Christian brother and sister-in-law are for all the oppressive laws in Arizona and all the proposed border ####### here in Texas. And he and I are the son and daughter of a refugee from the Hungarian Revolution, and she was literally smuggled across the Rio Grande as a baby. I don't get it.

And yes, my husband is an atheist as well. You know that Northern Ireland joke about "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?" IT'S NOT A JOKE. :rofl:

I notice there is no mention of the word illegal....

I even did a google translate of "illegal alien" to hebrew and it just came up with "An illegal". Food for thought I think.....

:rofl:

My theory is, if you're going to insult someone, at least do it right. But whatever.

We're on the same page. I just thought the single word you chose to correct was interesting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.