14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I came to U.S. on fiance visa , got married , and submitted the AOS along with AP and EAD.

I recently got my interview date which is scheduled in feb 2013, i dont know what type of questions they will ask...and what do i have to bring at the time of interview? can anyone help me...has anyone recently gone through the same process? any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks :blush:

Hello everyone,

I came to U.S. on fiance visa , got married , and submitted the AOS along with AP and EAD.

I recently got my interview date which is scheduled in feb 2013, i dont know what type of questions they will ask...and what do i have to bring at the time of interview? can anyone help me...has anyone recently gone through the same process? any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks :blush:

Bring another certified copy of your marriage certificate and anything else you think will help show a bona fide relationship since submitting the appication. If nothing has changed then take nothing. You do need to bring a form of ID which for us was her passport, and the I-94 to be turned in. The questions we were asked were:"Name, DOB, place of birth, name of parent's" and "Have you ever...." These are the questions and information on the application. As each question was answered she placed a big red check moark next to that item on the application. Ten minutes later we were out of there. Arrive early.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

You should join the 2012 no embers filers. You will get a lot of info there and talk to others going through the same thing. I filed in November also.

AOS

Day 00: Nov/20/12: AOS Package sent(all Forms)

Nov/23/12: at 9:27 A.M.Package signed and recieved

Nov/29/12: Check cashed

Dec/03/12: Recieved Receipts and Biometrics appointment

Dec/20/12: Biometrics appointment

Jan/2/13. : received email an text. Ready for Testing and interview

Jan/23/13: text and email that EAD and AP approved!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Day 70: Jan/29/13: Card/Document Production

Day 73: Feb/01/13: Recieved EAD card.

Day 101: recieved text/email that AOS interview is April 2nd.

Day--- : AOS approved for green card. Got stamp in passport.

Timeline

Bring another certified copy of your marriage certificate and anything else you think will help show a bona fide relationship since submitting the appication. If nothing has changed then take nothing. You do need to bring a form of ID which for us was her passport, and the I-94 to be turned in. The questions we were asked were:"Name, DOB, place of birth, name of parent's" and "Have you ever...." These are the questions and information on the application. As each question was answered she placed a big red check moark next to that item on the application. Ten minutes later we were out of there. Arrive early.

Good luck,

Dave

Thanks a lot dave and roza..hoping all goes well

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Take your whole file, the orginal of your marriage certificate and a copy in case they want another copy, they will review your application after swearing you in and ask general questions. They did ask if my wife has ever been a prostitute, she did not know what that was so when I explained it she hit me.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

When i went to our interview they asked very simple questions; How did we meet? How long have we been together? nothing to be to nervous about. I would bring a copy of everything you sent them and i would bring pictures of your wedding as well as other family gatherings. They will also ask you the questionson your application.

Good Luck!

Cardsfn

Hello everyone,

Be prepare:

When and where did you meet your spouse?

Did you make arrangements to meet again?

Where were you living at the time?

Where was your spouse living prior to the marriage?

When did you decide to get married?

a) Who proposed to whom?

b) Where were you when s/he proposed?

6) When and where did you get married?

7) Did you exchange wedding rings?

8) Where had you purchased these rings?

a) Did you and your spouse purchase them together?

9) Did you have a reception after the ceremony? Where?

10) Do you have any photos of the ceremony and/or reception?

11) Did you go on a honeymoon?

12) Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage.

a) Number of bedrooms and bathrooms

b) Do you have cable/satellite on either television?

c) How many televisions in your home?

13) Describe your bedroom.

a) Where do you keep your clothes?

b) Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes?

c) Where do you keep the dirty clothes?

14) Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?

a) On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?

15) Where do you work?

a) What hours do you work?

b) What is your salary?

c) What is your telephone number at work?

16) Where does your spouse work?

a) What are their hours at work?

b) What is your spouse’s telephone number at work?

17) Do you have health insurance?

a) When was your last doctor’s visit? Scheduled or emergency?

18) Do you know your spouse’s family members?

a) If so, which ones?

b) If your spouse has children from a previous marriage, what are their names, DOBs, and

where do they live, and where do they go to school, if applicable? Are they in the U.S.?

19) Where do you live now? (If different from where you lived right after the marriage, then go

over the same questions as above) Who is the owner of the property that you are renting? Did

you sign the lease agreement with them? If not, who signed the lease for the owner of the

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

property?

a) How much is rent?

b) When is it paid?

c) How do you pay it?

d) House or apartment?

e) If house, do you have a garden?

f) If apartment, where do you park?

g) Assigned spaces?

20) Do you own a computer at home?

a) What is your home page?

b) What are your email addresses?

c) Who is your internet provider?

21) Do you have a bank account together? When was it opened?

a) Where?

b) What kind of account?

c) Are both of you listed on the account? Who opened the account?

d) Do you both write checks from the account?

e) Do you have direct deposit for your paycheck?

f) Do you pay bills by computer?

22) Did you file a joint tax return this year?

a) Do you have a copy with you?

23) Do you own any property together?

a) What kind of property?

b) Did you bring copies of the documents with you?

24) What kind of automobiles do you and your spouse have?

a) Describe them. Are both on the registration?

b) Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? Date obtained?

25) What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and

wife?

26) Do you have any pets?

a) What kind, what are their names, and describe them?

27) Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday?

a) If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?

28) Who cooks the meals at the house?

29) At what time did you go to bed last night?

a) Who went to bed first?

30) Who woke up first this morning?

a) Did an alarm or radio clock fo off?

31) How did you travel to the interview today?

32) If you were married before, what is the name of your former spouse(s)? Where do they live

and do you still have contact with them?

33) If you have children, what are their names and dates of birth?

34) 33) Where were they born?

35) What is the name of the child’s other parent?

36) Are you receiving any financial assistance from the government?

37) If so, is it in the form of Food Stamps or SSI?

38) Did someone ask if you would marry someone for money and arrange this marriage?

39) Were you paid any money or promises any money if you married this person?

40) If someone arranged this marriage, who was it and how did they contact you?

41) What languages does the beneficiary speak?

42) What size bed do you have?

43) Do you have a couch?

44) Fans?

45) Windows in the bedroom?

46) Bathtub in the bathroom? If so, what color?

47) What color are the walls in the shower area?

48) Describe the shower curtain

49) Are there tiles on the bathroom floor?

50) Do you keep your toothbrushes together?

51) Do you have a coffee maker?

52) Is there a garbage disposal in the kitchen?

53) Where are the washer and dryer?

54) Do you have a hair dryer?

55) Where was the beneficiary born?

56) Are there windows in the bathroom?

57) How many chairs in your dining set?

58) Who bought the dining room table?

59) Do you have a blender?

60) Do either of you have a car?

61) Are there windows in the kitchen?

62) Where do you grocery shop?

63) Any plants, fake or real?

64) How many televisions?

65) Has the beneficiary been married before?

July 23rd: Arrived USA - POE JFK

August 4th: Marriage.

Week 20nd to 26th: Convinced by wife to stay in USA.

October 23rd: Package Filed to Chicago Lockbox

October 29th: NOA's

November 6th: NOA's received

November 12th: Received Biometric Appointment

November 20: Took Fingerprints and photo at Boston office.

December 13th: Interview Letter received and scheduled to January 9th, 2013.

January 9th, 2013: AOS Approved!

January 19th, 2013: Resident Card Received!! :D :D

Looking forward for my GreenCard to arrive!. :D :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Don't forget to bring yer USCitizen Spouse to the interview.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks for that info. Very helpful. Did they really ask you all those questions? That's a lot,

They asked a few.

Who bought the wedding ring.

If my spouse know my parents

If my parents lives in an apartment or house

How we met.

What year?

when was the last time my spouse talked to my mother?

why my parents didn't come to my wedding.

The agent was very tough on my wife (USC) but polite to me. they asked her those questions with no time space between questions and answers. We were interviewed separately.

Yes, that a lot of questions, they don't ask all of those questions to the same person or couple, but they DO ask them randomly.

Good Luck.

PS. My entire interview time was less than 25 minutes, remember we were interviewed separately.

Edited by Cuantico

July 23rd: Arrived USA - POE JFK

August 4th: Marriage.

Week 20nd to 26th: Convinced by wife to stay in USA.

October 23rd: Package Filed to Chicago Lockbox

October 29th: NOA's

November 6th: NOA's received

November 12th: Received Biometric Appointment

November 20: Took Fingerprints and photo at Boston office.

December 13th: Interview Letter received and scheduled to January 9th, 2013.

January 9th, 2013: AOS Approved!

January 19th, 2013: Resident Card Received!! :D :D

Looking forward for my GreenCard to arrive!. :D :D

Timeline

They asked a few.

Who bought the wedding ring.

If my spouse know my parents

If my parents lives in an apartment or house

How we met.

What year?

when was the last time my spouse talked to my mother?

why my parents didn't come to my wedding.

The agent was very tough on my wife (USC) but polite to me. they asked her those questions with no time space between questions and answers. We were interviewed separately.

Yes, that a lot of questions, they don't ask all of those questions to the same person or couple, but they DO ask them randomly.

Good Luck.

PS. My entire interview time was less than 25 minutes, remember we were interviewed separately.

Thanks a lot for the. information, it will bw very helpful for me. I will be well prepared now

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Bring everything listed on the I-797 AND bring everything your fiance took to the Embassy interview. Our IO asked for e-mails, letrters and cards from when we first started dating and photos of our time together before she came to the U.S.! I have never read of anyone having a problem for bringing too much stuff! Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck,

Dave

Same with us....we were in and out in about 10 minutes....easy interview...the only thing she asked us more was when she looked at our scrapbook she asked which vacation was our favorite (we went to cali/disney...New York City...we went to Vegas....Vail and lttle places near by) and we answered NY and she sent us out--- telling us 'I will need to do some further review I will send you a decision in the mail and will notify you if I need anything else" Regardless of that we got an approval about a week later :)

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.