AKSinghSingh79

January 2013 I-130 Filers

703 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Same here. Filed I-130 for my Brazilian wife on Jan 7. Received NOA1 on Jan 17. In Vermont now. Tick tock... I hope the 'guesstimate' processing time on the USCIS site is way off (6.2 months). Good luck to everyone!

MARRIED December 14, 2012 in Natal, Brazil

USCIS:
01/10/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
03/15/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/25/2013 - Received
04/08/2013 - NVC case # generated
04/09/2013 - AOS Invoice Received
04/09/2013 - Paid AOS Bill
04/10/2013 - Sent DS-3023
04/19/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
04/27/2013 - AOS Package Sent - USPS Express Mail

04/30/2012 - AOS Delivered
04/19/2013 - IV Invoice Received
08/22/2013 - IV Package Received at NVC

09/10/2013 - RFE Received at NVC

09/19/2013 - RFE - Completed NEW Online Form DS-260

10/04/2013 - RFE - NEW Police Report required
11/22/2013 - Case Complete

Consulate
01/02/2014 - Medical - cutting it close
01/06/2014 - Interview Rio de Janeiro - APPROVED!!!!!
06/27/2014 - POE Charlotte

ADVISE "TAKE YOUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE TO THE AIRPORT WHEN LEAVING BRAZIL. GOL AIRLINES DID NOT BELIEVE WE WERE MARRIED AND ALMOST DID NOT ISSUE A BOARDING PASS FOR MY WIFE. MY WIFE HAD TO SHOW HER BRAZILIAN DOCUMENTS SHOWING HER LAST NAME AS MINE"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Same here. Filed I-130 for my Brazilian wife on Jan 7. Received NOA1 on Jan 17. In Vermont now. Tick tock... I hope the 'guesstimate' processing time on the USCIS site is way off (6.2 months). Good luck to everyone!

your petition should be in nbc.

not vermont.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You would do it on uscis.gov.

You can track your case regardless of if you sign up, but when you sign up, you can see the last touched date as well as turn email and text notifications on in case the paper one you submitted gets ignored (it happens)

You are supposed to send copies with your I-130 and they do not have to be notarized.

Hello I have registered at USCIS.gov site, when I enter my receipt number MSCXXXX I get message that case not found, please advise if I am not sure what is going on here

Message I get is...

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Timeline

Hello I have registered at USCIS.gov site, when I enter my receipt number MSCXXXX I get message that case not found, please advise if I am not sure what is going on here

Message I get is...

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

most msc case statuses were not readily available online

it took me over a month to see mine.

some people still cant see after four mos

oldlady.gif

Message I get is...

Happened to me, too

I believe it takes a month before it shows up :)

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: Timeline

USCIS received our application on 22 January - per their website it's in initial review. I haven't received the mailed notice yet so I am not sure where it will be processed but I suspect the CA service center. We are prepared to wait - until then I continue to build frequent flier miles on VN airlines!

Timeline

USCIS received our application on 22 January - per their website it's in initial review. I haven't received the mailed notice yet so I am not sure where it will be processed but I suspect the CA service center. We are prepared to wait - until then I continue to build frequent flier miles on VN airlines!

i suspect nbc and maybe local office since csc is not currently taking applications.

oldlady.gif

i suspect nbc and maybe local office since csc is not currently taking applications.

KDH, JRF, how'd you find out stuff like that?

We're currently living outside the US and there isn't a local office here in Japan. Which service center is more likely for us?

Can't wait to get that account up on their site already... So I will know what's going on.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.

Audre Lorde

Timeline

We're currently living outside the US and there isn't a local office here in Japan. Which service center is more likely for us?

Can't wait to get that account up on their site already... So I will know what's going on.

the update on petition sending is on the uscis website.

im on a vita at the moment so i cant copy paste.

idk what its like for abroad.

i suspect you either stay at the nbc or process at field office of us address you provided for place your spouse will live.

oldlady.gif

the update on petition sending is on the uscis website.

im on a vita at the moment so i cant copy paste.

idk what its like for abroad.

i suspect you either stay at the nbc or process at field office of us address you provided for place your spouse will live.

Hmmm we put Florida, but we're not really sure if we're moving there because he still hasn't gotten his military orders.

Oh well. Waiting game has really began.

Best we can do now is prepare for the NVC stage, eh?

Audre Lorde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Jumping in on the bandwagon. We mailed out the package yesterday, Jan 28th. Wishing everyone a quick and easy process/interview. Cheers.

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

Filed: Timeline

No need to guess - received paper NOA-1 today, assigned to NBC in Missouri.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know if we will get an update when/if our case is transferred to our local field offices?

In the meantime, here is the link to the NVC guide. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James%27s_Shortcuts

Great way to kill time while waiting for the NOA2 and puts you a step ahead!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi all!

I'm a little late to show up, but we mailed our I-130 package on the 5th from Indiana, flew back to France on the same day. It showed up delivered on the USPS website on the 7th.

On the 9th, we got an email with a MSC number. Two days later the tracking number was showing up online. And about a week later we got our official NOA1 paper at home in France.

So everything is going smooth even if we don't really know where our file was sent, but I guess we'll see!

09/2008: Met in France
12/2009: Wedding in France
Since then: Living and working together in France

USCIS:
01/15/2013: Got our official NOA1
02/08/2013: Got an email stating our I-130 was approved followed by the snail mail NOA2

NVC:
03/2013: Received the AOS and IV bill ==> Paid all bills and decided to wait before filing the AOS and civil documents for personnal reasons.

10-11/2013: AOS & Civil documents were sent to NVC

12/19/2013: RFE on AOS

01/12/2014: New AOS was sent

02/10/2014: Received appointment letter

Embassy:

03/12/2014: Interview: approved

03/14/2014: CEAC website went from Ready to AP to Issued!

03/18/2014: Visa in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.