AKSinghSingh79

January 2013 I-130 Filers

703 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I know it's a bit early, but has anyone filed the I-130 for January yet?

My I-130 package was sent 1/2/2013. It was received at the Chicago lockbox today 1/4/2013. I have yet to receive an NOA1 at this point.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

I know it's a bit early, but has anyone filed the I-130 for January yet?

My I-130 package was sent 1/2/2013. It was received at the Chicago lockbox today 1/4/2013. I have yet to receive an NOA1 at this point.

Hello AKSinghSingh79 :)

I filed my I-130 on 01/03/2013. And now I wait B-)

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

04/08/2013 - NOA2 (Approved)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AKSinghSingh79, you should get your NOA1 in coming week. It took 2-3 working days for me and they texted me the receipt. The official letter took another 5-7 working days. Wish you all the best!

I wonder how long this whole process takes...It's so painful to just sit and wait :crying:

AKSinghSingh79, you should get your NOA1 in coming week. It took 2-3 working days for me and they texted me the receipt. The official letter took another 5-7 working days. Wish you all the best!

Thank you JBoss!

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Beantown2012, the whole process might take some where from 6 months to 14 months! I haven seen people who got there spouses here in 6 months and for some it is taking more than that. But I think you guys got a plus because you guys applied early in the year and there are not much Federal Holidays coming in upcoming months :-) this will for sure speed up the process. Hang in there man we are all in the same boat. It has been 5 months for me already. My friend has been waiting for past 8 months and they told him to wait another 2 months. Wish you all the best.

Timeline

Beantown2012, the whole process might take some where from 6 months to 14 months! I haven seen people who got there spouses here in 6 months and for some it is taking more than that. But I think you guys got a plus because you guys applied early in the year and there are not much Federal Holidays coming in upcoming months :-) this will for sure speed up the process. Hang in there man we are all in the same boat. It has been 5 months for me already. My friend has been waiting for past 8 months and they told him to wait another 2 months. Wish you all the best.

Yep, this is exactly why we waited to file until January. We figured no one would even look at until January so why file in December in the midst of all the chaos? Wishing everyone a speedy process! :thumbs:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Hello AKSinghSingh79 :)

I filed my I-130 on 01/03/2013. And now I wait B-)

Hey Beantown2012! Here's hoping we all have a speedy visa journey :yes:

Which country is your spouse from?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

It is really strange how this whole thing works. Like you said, some people get it done fast and others just sit and wait. I guess we just have to be prepared for the worst and that way everything else is a nice surprise :)

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

I just checked my emails and I got my NOA1! Anyone else get their NOA1 yet?

Congratulations! I have not seen anything yet, maybe in a couple of days.

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

Timeline

Congratulations! I have not seen anything yet, maybe in a couple of days.

I was waiting for a text but I have not received one. I also forgot to add that my case was transferred to the National Benefits Center (MSC) and my I-130 Adjudication date is estimated as March 10-17. I've been off and on VJ for the past few months. I guess this shortened wait time is normal since cases after Aug. 2012 were transferred.

My NOA1 email was dated 1/7/2013. I'd assume yours will be coming this week.

I can also see my case status online from the USCIS website using my receipt number that was included in my email notification.

Edited by AKSinghSingh79

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

I was waiting for a text but I have not received one. I also forgot to add that my case was transferred to the National Benefits Center (MSC) and my I-130 Adjudication date is estimated as March 10-17. I've been off and on VJ for the past few months. I guess this shortened wait time is normal since cases after Aug. 2012 were transferred.

I can also see my case status online from the USCIS website using my receipt number that was included in my email notification.

I forgot to file that form to receive the text/email when received, but I guess no way to change that now :( I just have to wait. Hopefully I'll receive something in the mail soon.

USCIS:

01/03/2013 - I-130 Sent

01/08/2013 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I forgot to file that form to receive the text/email when received, but I guess no way to change that now :( I just have to wait. Hopefully I'll receive something in the mail soon.

after you get you noa1 create an account on the uscis website, add your case, then turn the email and text updates on

short approvals are not normal for everyone.

best not to get your hopes up.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.