Ryan H

NVC Filers - January 2013

861 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

w00t!

Yay !!!!

You ready, ma

Have some fun with EP, la !!! Yay ! ! ! !

Thanks Darnell. I'm ready, le.

Another dizzy journey starts sooner than I've expected. I wonder why I haven't received the DS-3032 email yet since I've got gave them my email today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when you give them yer email - ya wait. It's been about 3 days, currently, from that hand-over to receiving the AOS FEE BILL in yer email inbox.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

hi everyone, we are currently on the nvc stage, my husband's income is too low roughly 6k annually no assets, no bank statemnt. although i've seen a lot of cases getting approved after having a co sponsor particularly in cr1 category im still worried given his situation that he's alrady on his late 30s, no longer a student, not a freshgrad enough to maybe justify himself for hving that small income. is their a possibilty that this situation will cause a pending decision or worst, a denial despite of having his brother( he's single with no dependents) as our co-sponsor he' s income is well over the poverty level? is there anybody thad had the same issue or know someone with the same situation? thnanks a lot in advance.

My husband called NVC today and they told him they received the petition on jan 28th but that it will take 20 days for them to assign a number and was told to call on the 19th. Should we keep calling or just wait? I would appreciate all the advice you can gime us... Thanks

event.png

My husband called NVC today and they told him they received the petition on jan 28th but that it will take 20 days for them to assign a number and was told to call on the 19th. Should we keep calling or just wait? I would appreciate all the advice you can gime us... Thanks

Definitely keep calling every single day. It can be assigned any minute now!

Anecdote: when I first called NVC, they said to wait a week before calling again. Instead, I called the very next day and guess what? I had a case number :)

Moral of the story: Never listen to the time frames given by operators headbonk.gif

Anecdote: when I first called NVC, they said to wait a week before calling again. Instead, I called the very next day and guess what? I had a case number :)

Moral of the story: Never listen to the time frames given by operators headbonk.gif

Thank you!! We will call tomorrow then... and the days after until we get a number!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Moral of the story: Never listen to the time frames given by operators

I can second that. When I called, the operator told me that it took at least ten business days to assign a case number from the time the case is received, and told me to call back the following week. I listened, and called back the next week, only to have them tell me it had been ready since the day after I'd called. <_< Definitely don't listen to the time frames they give you.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

NVC received mine on Jan 14th and I called about every 2-3 days and I got the case number on February 1st. It doesn´t hurt to keep calling.

07/04/04 .. Met
07/07/12 .. Married

USCIS:
10/23/12 .. I-130 Sent
10/26/12 .. NOA1 date (NBC Missouri)
01/02/13 .. NOA2 date (68 days)

NVC:
01/14/13 .. NVC receives case
02/01/13 .. Case number assigned
02/04/13 .. AOS bill invoiced
02/04/13 .. AOS bill paid
02/14/13 .. IV Bill Invoiced
02/14/13 .. IV bill paid
02/06/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID
02/15/13 .. IV bill shown PAID
03/07/13 .. AOS packet sent
03/11/13 .. AOS packet accepted
03/24/13 .. IV packet sent
03/26/13 .. IV packet accepted
04/10/13 .. Case Complete

EMBASSY:
05/15/2013 .. Medical
05/20/2013 .. Interview Date
05/20/2013 .. Interview Result - APPROVED
05/27/2013 .. Visa
08/12/2013 .. POE

LIFTING CONDITIONS:

5/23/15 .. Date Filed

5/26/15 .. NOA

6/11/15 .. BIO Appointment

4/13/16 .. Approval

4/28/16 .. Greencard Received

Filed: Timeline

HI all just dropping by to say hi I am on the march interview thread now....as are case was complete on 1/31/13.....I have a ? tho....can I call NVC just as before or do I just have to sit around and wait on an email for my interview date (I am sure I know the answer already but just want to confirm! Thanks and have a good weekend!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HI all just dropping by to say hi I am on the march interview thread now....as are case was complete on 1/31/13.....I have a ? tho....can I call NVC just as before or do I just have to sit around and wait on an email for my interview date (I am sure I know the answer already but just want to confirm! Thanks and have a good weekend!

Of course you can call look at it like this. Kazule got her interview date when she called Jan 31. She has yet to get letter. Its the 8th. So not calling that's what 9 days not knowing.

Even though for us Lagos medical needs letter. So we need the letter. So why not call dear.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

Of course you can call look at it like this. Kazule got her interview date when she called Jan 31. She has yet to get letter. Its the 8th. So not calling that's what 9 days not knowing.

Even though for us Lagos medical needs letter. So we need the letter. So why not call dear.

LOL...Deb you are always answering me (hehe) thanks sis! I honestly didn't think I was "allowed" I know that sounds silly but like I thought you could call all the way to case complete and then that was it LOL...ok let me get on the phone thank you friend!

You can calling NVC and/or DOS every single day to inquire! My case completed on a Friday, I was calling both places the very next Monday to inquire about interview dates. Someone should go read the last few questions/answers in the FAQ ;) ;)

NVC is not answering the phone. I think it's the bad weather up there, but why no automated system either?

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

NVC is not answering the phone. I think it's the bad weather up there, but why no automated system either?

The automated system (AVR) was taken down early last year.

And yes, NVC has been confirmed to be closed until Monday due to the snowstorm hitting the east coast.

The automated system (AVR) was taken down early last year.

And yes, NVC has been confirmed to be closed until Monday due to the snowstorm hitting the east coast.

Got it, thanks, Saylin! :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.