roadster600

need advice

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello VJ members happy new year in advance :) and i hope everybody is having a great day.

So i really need some help,, See my case worker sent my supporting documents NOV 30th 2012..DEC 19th we called and e-mail them asking for a visa status, we got a hold of 2 ladies the first one said those infromations are confidential even though my wife gave them the case number ..the 2nd one her name was PAULA she was extremely polite but she told us that they haven't recieve anything yet. after that we got an AUTO RESPONSE(E-MAIL) saying ''THANK YOU FOR YOUR RECENT INQUIRY TO THE NVC.....etc '''

Now i'll get straight to the point, today we got an other E-mail Saying this :

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ''**************'' filed by '*********************'' on behalf of ***********''.

We received the Affidavit of Support Processing Fee payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Affidavit of Support form(s). Please visit the following website to download the appropriate Affidavit of Support form(s) and instructions:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html

We received the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee Payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Immigrant Visa Application and submit it with the required original civil documents for the principal applicant and each derivative applicant that will accompany him/her to the United States. Please visit the following website for instructions on how to obtain and submit the Immigrant Visa Application:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

IMPORTANT:

Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

The rest of the e-mail has me and my wifes name including case number and other informations...

Now what i don't get is : Why would the NVC ask me to file an other affidavit of support since my case worker sent it back in NOV 30th ..

why would i file for a DS-230 and i don't even know if my case is completed or not, knowing that one of VJ members told me that his supporting documents took only 3 days From Morocco to get to the NVC and mine were already there in the US but they haven't made it Yet..

IF anybody had such thing (confusion) b4, please let me know.. i'd apreciate any advice/informations in the matter and im really sorry for the long text i just had to get the whole facts straight with you guys in order to get some help if possible and thanks in advance..

Edited by roadster600

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ members happy new year in advance :) and i hope everybody is having a great day.

So i really need some help,, See my case worker sent my supporting documents NOV 30th 2012..DEC 19th we called and e-mail them asking for a visa status, we got a hold of 2 ladies the first one said those infromations are confidential even though my wife gave them the case number ..the 2nd one her name was PAULA she was extremely polite but she told us that they haven't recieve anything yet. after that we got an AUTO RESPONSE(E-MAIL) saying ''THANK YOU FOR YOUR RECENT INQUIRY TO THE NVC.....etc '''

Now i'll get straight to the point, today we got an other E-mail Saying this :

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: ''**************'' filed by '*********************'' on behalf of ***********''.

We received the Affidavit of Support Processing Fee payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Affidavit of Support form(s). Please visit the following website to download the appropriate Affidavit of Support form(s) and instructions:

http://travel.state..../info_3197.html

We received the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee Payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Immigrant Visa Application and submit it with the required original civil documents for the principal applicant and each derivative applicant that will accompany him/her to the United States. Please visit the following website for instructions on how to obtain and submit the Immigrant Visa Application:

http://travel.state..../info_3190.html

IMPORTANT:

Do not let more than one year pass without contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

The rest of the e-mail has me and my wifes name including case number and other informations...

Now what i don't get is : Why would the NVC ask me to file an other affidavit of support since my case worker sent it back in NOV 30th ..

why would i file for a DS-230 and i don't even know if my case is completed or not, knowing that one of VJ members told me that his supporting documents took only 3 days From Morocco to get to the NVC and mine were already there in the US but they haven't made it Yet..

IF anybody had such thing (confusion) b4, please let me know.. i'd apreciate any advice/informations in the matter and im really sorry for the long text i just had to get the whole facts straight with you guys in order to get some help if possible and thanks in advance..

If you go to the NVC filers thread here and read Post #1 and #2 it may help you understand what is happening.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/402383-nvc-filers-december-2012/

But let me see if I get what you are saying ur Lawyer sent in the AOS package (I-864) you got what is called a false checklist (read the post I attached it explains).

Now has the DS-230 package been sent in thats the DS-230, Birth certificate, Police Certificatem Marriage certificate, etc. Have you sent that?

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

study the lag, understand the queues <EOM>

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

She's a case worker from what so called ''the catholic charities'' and my wifes dad hired her to do our paper work.. so the update is we called the NVC and they said they haven't recieved anything and our paper work needs to be sent to new hampshire not california (where the case worker sent them in the first place) we called california NVC and no results..it seems like that our paper work is stuck somewhere in the post office or wtv..it's been a month so far we did everything by the book we paid all the fees..

The K-3 is still in use.. It's just obsolete and the I-129F is usually closed and the K-3 is processed as a CR-1.

Not sure what you can do (if anything!) to get the papers you've sent returned. But if I were you, I'd study the guides linked in post #2 above and re-send the required paperwork to the right address. Stay on top of things from here on out as it's obvious your "caseworker" doesn't have a clue. :bonk:

Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut#7._Do_you_have_all_IV_Package_documents_and_AOS_Package_documents.3F

Good luck!

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if you are the beneficiary or the petitioner, why would a NVC teleoperator NOT talk to you?

Something's fishy .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Sounds like...your case worker either did not send the right docs to the right place or missed sending most of them to begin with. Now understand something. Only YOU can provide the information necessary.All a "case worker"/lawyer can do is take that data and fill in the empty spaces. They can charge a lot of money to take all your hard work and fill in blanks. That is the very easy part and we can help you with that if necessary. And most of them truly do not know what they are doing. I would go back to this woman and ask EXACTLY what did he/she sent and where and when. Get all the specifics. And BTW, Paula is just one of hundreds who answer the phones. Ultimately YOU are the one responsible if something goes south.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did the "case worker" send you receipt of the documents sent? Sounds like the so called case worker never sent them and now the NVC is looking for them because you paid the fee. My opinion. drop the person from Catholic Charities and do it yourself. If you have a straightforward case there is no reason to pay someone to simply send what you can send on your own. Waste of time and money. And as others have stated the K-3 is obsolete and rarely, if ever issued anymore.

How is that you applied for K-3??? Thought it was no longer in use???? This "case worker/lawyer" should had known this.....

K-3 is still on the books, but rarely, if ever issued anymore

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

See if this was really filed, did your check clear, if not hopefully they will forward it or return the docs? I would finish this up yourself if you can.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Yes my wife brought them (the receipts) and i checked online :

Select 30-JUL-2012 12:24 AOS $88.00 PAID

Select 30-JUL-2012 12:26 IV $230.00 PAID

But if anything has to be done about the ''caseworker'' it's up to my wife( the petitioner) because she signed on what so called a legal agreement for legal representation and service is between SJCC ( san Juan catholic charities) and the petitioner. So i was thinking if there was anything suspicious or FISHY as (DARNELL) have said, the USCIS wouldn't have approved the application in the first place.

Edited by roadster600

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.