Snag

Declaration Of How We Met.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Man, I'm full of questions about the application. I just don't want to get anything wrong, y'know?

Anyway, this is our mock declaration on how we met as per Q. 18 here:

I, [PETITIONER'S NAME], met Susanna [ME] in person on the XX of December, 2012 at Sydney International Airport, Australia , stayed a total of twelve days with her and her immediate family.

Prior to this, we began talking online about six months ago. We met through a mutual friend whom I know in person, as we attend the same church. The same friend met Susanna through a blogging site, Tumblr, via blogging about similar interests. When we entered our relationship, we knew inevitably that it was heading towards marriage. The intent of my trip was to get to know her beside the people she’s around most, her family, for a confirmation of character. I returned home on the XX of December, 2012.

Susanna will be traveling out to the United States on the XX of January, 2013. We got engaged after her tourist (B2) visa was approved (3rd of December, 2012). We have no intent within marrying during her stay in America, and she will return home on the XX of May, 2013. She will be staying with our mutual friend during this time.

I mentioned this in a previous post, but we do plan on filing it before I actually get out to America, hence why we thought it wise to mention my travels to the US after the petition is filed. (We just want it done ASAP for personal family health reasons; ticking time bomb). Would we also have to include a list of what we attach to prove our relationship on the bottom of said declaration? We have photos, boarding passes, engagement ring receipt, Skype logs, emails.

I'm very much welcome to any feedback or advice. :)

Edited by Snag

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Since I was stupid and used an attorney for our K-1, I don't have it but, the cover letter (who what why etc) and letter of intent are two separate items. If I was doing k-1 it now I would do that. Maybe a little more but what you have is fine. See the guide: http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide they are two separate items. # 18 mark yes and indicate your separate letter.

Edited by bigdog

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You are from a low fraud country, so that isn't really necessary. For our approved I129F, we just wrote in the blank "a pen pal site in Nov 2011, in person in DK in Jan 2012 and USA April 2012." Really only those from higher fraud countries should provide something more detailed.

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Man, I'm full of questions about the application. I just don't want to get anything wrong, y'know?

Anyway, this is our mock declaration on how we met as per Q. 18 here:

I mentioned this in a previous post, but we do plan on filing it before I actually get out to America, hence why we thought it wise to mention my travels to the US after the petition is filed. (We just want it done ASAP for personal family health reasons; ticking time bomb). Would we also have to include a list of what we attach to prove our relationship on the bottom of said declaration? We have photos, boarding passes, engagement ring receipt, Skype logs, emails.

I'm very much welcome to any feedback or advice. :)

Which form are you looking at? You might be giving way more info then needed.

USCIS

03/31/2012: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

04/03/2012: I-129F recieved and sent to VSC

04/06/2012: NOA1 text/email.

04/09/2012: Touched.

04/12/2012: NOA1 hardcopy.

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

10/21/2012: Packet 3 Received

11/30/2012: Sent packet 3

12/27/2012: Received packet 4 Interview date :)

01/22/2013: Medical completed

02/05/2013: Interview date status: APPROVED 306 Days!!

02/22/2013: Visa in Hand

02/24/2013: POE- Dallas, TX- then connecting flight home!

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

Timeline

Which form are you looking at? You might be giving way more info then needed.

Looking at the I-129F form. The only thing I'm tossing up over is whether or not declaring my trip after the form is submitted is needed. It might look a little fishy if suddenly I'm in the US, though the trip was planned six months ago. :)

You are from a low fraud country, so that isn't really necessary. For our approved I129F, we just wrote in the blank "a pen pal site in Nov 2011, in person in DK in Jan 2012 and USA April 2012." Really only those from higher fraud countries should provide something more detailed.

Thanks! I was wondering if they were more "lenient" with some countries. Good to know. :)

Timeline

Looking at the I-129F form. The only thing I'm tossing up over is whether or not declaring my trip after the form is submitted is needed. It might look a little fishy if suddenly I'm in the US, though the trip was planned six months ago. :)

Thanks! I was wondering if they were more "lenient" with some countries. Good to know. :)

So you're going to want to do it short amd sweet. They just want to know if you met within two years of the petition. So no need to include the extra trip details :) hope that helps!

Edited by kitkat1985

USCIS

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Q18 is asking how you met in person. What they need to know is when you last met in the last 2 years to fulfill that part of the requirements. I would simply write

"I, [PETITIONER'S NAME], met Susanna [ME] in person on the XX of December, 2012 at Sydney International Airport, Australia and stayed a total of twelve days with her and her immediate family."

That's all they need to know about when you met in person, that's within the requirements.

**Edit - with your next trip make sure you keep ticket stubs and all that fun stuff for proof later for the interview (if required). Make sure you send the ones from the Dec 2012 visit with your packet as well as passport stamps to prove the "having met in person" requirement.

**Second Edit - Be sure she doesn't overstay in any way. Be honest at the border. Just because she has a B2 doesn't mean she'll be permitted entry.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

What you have is fine, though the part about the visit is unnecessary. It is a 2-part question, the first is making sure you saw each other in the past two years and the second is the "circumstances under which you met" which means how you two came to know that one another exist in the world.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Genrally the size of the box on the form is indicative of what is required. I used two whole sentences. More does not hurt anything.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

What you have is fine, though the part about the visit is unnecessary. It is a 2-part question, the first is making sure you saw each other in the past two years and the second is the "circumstances under which you met" which means how you two came to know that one another exist in the world.

No it doesn't... if it did I would have been RFE'd for "I met Vanessa in person in October 2008 when she visited for XX days". In my interview he asked how we met, I said on WoW. He never said "that's not what you wrote here" or anything like that. That qn is only about the "having met in person" criteria. Of course if someone wanted to write that it doesn't matter, as long as the also mention the in person visit. I went for simple.

Timeline

So you're going to want to do it short amd sweet. They just want to know if you met within two years of the petition. So no need to include the extra trip details :) hope that helps!

Thank you very much! Did you send much to prove an ongoing relationship? (Noticing a fellow Aussie here!).

Timeline

No it doesn't... if it did I would have been RFE'd for "I met Vanessa in person in October 2008 when she visited for XX days". In my interview he asked how we met, I said on WoW. He never said "that's not what you wrote here" or anything like that. That qn is only about the "having met in person" criteria. Of course if someone wanted to write that it doesn't matter, as long as the also mention the in person visit. I went for simple.

Well, a fellow Aussie has spoken, so I'll take your word on it! I'm guessing since Australia is a low fraud country, sticking to the question is my best bet, and not rabbit trailing.

Also, I'll be sure to declare the trip at the interview and provide evidence. Thanks!

Edited by Snag

Timeline

Well, a fellow Aussie has spoken, so I'll take your word on it! I'm guessing since Australia is a low fraud country, sticking to the question is my best bet, and not rabbit trailing.

Also, I'll be sure to declare the trip at the interview and provide evidence. Thanks!

Aussie is so low fraud they probably won't even ask to see the evidence of your next trip :P They didn't look at ANYTHING I took.

Though honestly Australia isn't who looks over the i-129F. You'll be fine :)

Timeline

Thank you very much! Did you send much to prove an ongoing relationship? (Noticing a fellow Aussie here!).

What we pretty much sent was copies of my phone bills, photos, itinerary, a few e-mails, anything just to prove our relationship :)

USCIS

Sydney Consulate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.