The Nature Boy

Ban hands and feet

305 posts in this topic

You really don't understand how saying you are for banning all assault weapons, semi-automatic weapons, and automatic weapons in once sentence, and then saying you are ok with rifles, shotguns and and everyday handguns is two diffrent postions on the same subject.

Banning all assault and semi automatic weapons eliminates Most rifles, shotguns and handguns. You do realize that don't you.

Yes I do understand that what I said crosses over in the different classification of weapons, but so what. You asked me what my stance on gun control was and I told you. If it takes reclassifying some weapons to get to the point I suggested, then so be it.

When I refer to banning all semi automatic weapons in regards to shotguns, I'm talking about shotguns like this one.

srm-arms-m1216-semi-auto-12-gauge-161-shotgun.jpg

I am not referring to your standard pump action shotgun like this Remington, which is why I specifically stated "everyday shotguns".

Remington1187SemiAuto.jpg

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Timeline
n/m LI linked me. i realy doubt he was serious.

You do? Then check out this exchange out of the same thread which occured later on. The guy wants to be little Saddam, nukes, chemical and biological weapons and all. He says that whathever the military has, he's got to be able to have as well. Sounds quite serious to me. Not the first time I've heard it and not the only guy that made such statement here on VJ.

You may have been told differently but your second amendment rights are not exactly in danger.

I'm not allowed to own an M1 Abrams tank along with Stinger missiles as far as I know, so I still have some issues with the anti gun nuts.

How about a nuke? Should you be able to own your own private nuke? How about biological and chemical weapons? Should you have a right to own those? And no, I am not talking about farts.

American citizens should be able to purchase whatever the US military has access to.

Yes I do understand that what I said crosses over in the different classification of weapons, but so what. You asked me what my stance on gun control was and I told you. If it takes reclassifying some weapons to get to the point I suggested, then so be it.

When I refer to banning all semi automatic weapons, I'm talking about shotguns like this one.

I am not referring to your standard pump action shotgun like this Remington, which is why I specifically stated "everyday shotguns".

Pull the plug out on the bottom one (if it has a plug, no plugs here in Alaska), and then saw off the barrel. Stick a pistol grip on it while your at it and your good to go.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

When I refer to banning all semi automatic weapons in regards to shotguns, I'm talking about shotguns like this one.

I love to read these, but at least get your designation straight. The shotgun you picture is a Remington 1187 Semiautomatic, not a pump action. It will shoot just as fast as the one you have pictured above it.

Go back to the pissing contests now, I will just read and chuckle.

Pull the plug out on the bottom one (if it has a plug, no plugs here in Alaska), and then saw off the barrel. Stick a pistol grip on it while your at it and your good to go.

Add a mandatory ten year jail sentence for posessing one and yes, you're good to go to the can. :thumbs:

I love to read these, but at least get your designation straight. The shotgun you picture is a Remington 1187 Semiautomatic, not a pump action. It will shoot just as fast as the one you have pictured above it.

Go back to the pissing contests now, I will just read and chuckle.

Yeah you're right, I grabbed the wrong pic, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

Add a mandatory ten year jail sentence for posessing one and yes, you're good to go to the can. :thumbs:

I can see your a real bright one Teddy.

I picked one of these up years back at the local drug store for $199.99 You can get them for even cheaper now at Walmart and Fred Meyers.

1-mossberg-500.jpg

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I picked one of these up years back at the local drug store for $199.99 You can get them for even cheaper now at Walmart and Fred Meyers.

1-mossberg-500.jpg

I'm no expert by any means, but I think what makes a shotgun illegal is the length of the barrel, not the length of the total gun.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I'm no expert by any means, but I think what makes a shotgun illegal is the length of the barrel, not the length of the total gun.

18" from one end of the barrel to the other end and your a legal beagle.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wonder what the homicide rate would be in Vermont if another 5-6 million people moved there? It currently ranks 49th in population.

Do you wanna give it a shot? I don't.

:whistle:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

1-mossberg-500.jpg

Yeah, you stockpile weapons purchased at your local pharmacy, and you're questioning my intelligence. :lol:

Filed: Timeline
I wonder what the homicide rate would be in Vermont if another 5-6 million people moved there? It currently ranks 49th in population.

Who would want to move to Vermont? Certainly nobody in their right mind.

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove profanity

I like America the way it is today however I lived in the middle east for 3 years and those kids at your school or the school in Dhahran or the school in Bahrain were, as you say, highly, highly protected.

With guns.

What's wrong with that again? Nobody could mess with our kids there.

I'll add this:

I taught at an American school in the Middle East for 5 years. My students were made up of embassy and oil kiddos, along with some local VIPs.

Very few vehicles were allowed onto the campus. The ones that were had to be bomb-checked. Guards everywhere, and ten foot high fences with barbed wire.

In the Middle East, this makes sense, as American establishments have a history of being targeted in the region. When I came home to the USA for short holidays, the freedom and peacefulness of not having to worry about bombs and such was amazing and energizing.

I find it sad and depressing (not to mention slightly infuriating) that our nation may resort to the same security measures in order to protect itself from its own citizens. I think it's a slippery slope. Next it'll be malls, hotels, and pretty soon we'll be no different than many of the establishments in the Middle East.

That is not the America I love and envision.

i don't get it.