The Nature Boy

Ban hands and feet

305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That won't work. The NRA and its supporters doesn't have the funds to do that. The proposal the NRA just put out would cost somewhere in the range of $10 billion a year. The NRA and its supporters can't fund but a tiny percentage of that. They're looking for big gubmint and the taxpayers at large to pay for all that. Yeah, they love big gubmint when it picks up their tab.

Again, how do you feel about a police officer in every school funded by firearms owners?

How much are the lives of those children worth to you? The recovery effort for Hurricane Sandy will cost more than $26 billion. You mean they are worth less than HALF a single hurricane recovery effort?

If it saved ONE life of a child....

You are suggesting, instead, ineffective, but FREE solutions? :wacko:

The last assault rifle ban didn't ban anything. It was a 10 year moratorium on the manufacture of flash hiders and pistol grips. You realize that right? And THAT is what you suggest to protect our children? What do you want now? A permanent moratorium on the manufacture of flash hiders and pistol grips? You can't be serious. Can you?

You will protect our children by making it illegal to produce a firearm with a flash hider on the end of the barrel? :blink:

You realize magazines are made of stamped sheet metal and injection molded plastic, right? You DO know this? Have you ever seen one? Held one? You understand they can be made in the "thousands per hour" rate by a machine that runs all by itself. You just turn the machine on and feed sheet metal into it...or plastic beads made from recycled soda bottles. Do you recycle YOUR soda bottles, Big Dog? You realize that since this tradgedy the manufacturers are running the machines 24/7 and have already produced about 32 years supply of high capacity magazines...right?

You are suggesting protecting our children by banning the manufacture something that already has a 3 lifetime supply in the market? You know that during the 10 year moratorium that the price of high capacity magazines never increased because the supply was so great? You realize that, right? BUT it's free! Well, except for surrendering our rights.

The ideas suggested by the usual gin ban suspects are simply ludicrous. Fortunately the action by congress will be predictably commensurate with the idiocy proposed. I wouldn't be holding my breath there, Mr. Big Dog.

Nope! Will not feed in to rightwing idiosyncracies!

Thank you!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline
So if assault weapons were banned and the assault weapon vacuum cleaner had sicked them all up and the perp used a lever action rifle, plus 2, 10 round handguns to kill 20 children....you would be happy?

Of course not. This is where stricter access control and gun regsitration comes in. Not everyone should have access to a firearm. There are too many people unfit to handle them out there having easy and ready access to them. That must be addressed as well.

This thread was started by you making the claim that hands and feet kill more people than assault rifles, you provided a link that does not back up your claim. There is no data for assault rifles on that FBI chart, there is no data for assault weapons period. There is however a column titled "firearms (type unknown)", that column has the majority of firearms used except for handguns, in almost every state. Those numbers far exceed "rifles" or hands and feet. I asked you to explain how you came to your conclusion that hands and feet killed more people than assault rifles, I'm still waiting for your answer.

You better pull up a chair. I think you'll be waiting for awhile.

Mr. Big Dog your points are well noted! Majority of the citizens of our nation stand with that view point(s)!

Indeed and Thanks. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There isn't? Last I checked, NYC is now one of the safest, least homicide ridden large cities in the country. It also is one of the tightest in terms of gun restrictions. There are less homicides in NYC than in most other major MSAs in states that have more liberal gun laws. Houston, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta - you name them. There are far higher gun murder rates in those cities than there are in NYC. Far, far higher. Those are the facts.

If you go to even stricter gun control like you'd find in the sane pars of the world, the results are even more impressive.

Paranoia can be treated, Gary. Seek help before you do something stupid.

NYC is not much better after all the restriction, I m guessin you would not contest the data from FBI stats or maybe as per you they don't know how to compile numbers.

Houston's number really shot up after they accepted the felons from Katrina.

Newyork City Violent Crime 51209 pop 8211875 = 0.62

Dallas 8330 pop 1223021 = 0.68

Atlanta 6097 pop 425533 = 1.43

Miami 4849 pop 404901 = 1.1

Houston 20892 pop 2143628 = 0.97

I am guessing you might be even ok if bloomerg asked you to wear certain color shirt on certain days.

Timeline

BS! This latest mass shooting involved the deranged shooter using his momma's guns. If she didn't have the rifle it could be speculated that he might have tried to buy or steal one but that speculation would have very little basis!

Speaking of idiotic babbling!! :wacko:

Support your claims with facts.

No need, people are only concerned when it's their back yard. Gun violence has been a problem in the black/brown community for decades, but only until a suburbs gets hit then people start to take notice.

I do, we are all equal, but it's sad when it takes a school full of non minority children to get killed before the powers that be start taking a look at solutions. There were quite a few black children killed by drive by shooting over the last month and those got little to no coverage.

Sad but true.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

NYC is not much better after all the restriction, I m guessin you would not contest the data from FBI stats or maybe as per you they don't know how to compile numbers.

Houston's number really shot up after they accepted the felons from Katrina.

Newyork City Violent Crime 51209 pop 8211875 = 0.62

Dallas 8330 pop 1223021 = 0.68

Atlanta 6097 pop 425533 = 1.43

Miami 4849 pop 404901 = 1.1

Houston 20892 pop 2143628 = 0.97

I am guessing you might be even ok if bloomerg asked you to wear certain color shirt on certain days.

We're still talking about people being murdered - violent crime is a much larger category of crime and does not equate with fatalities. We established in another thread that about 7 out of 10 homicides are committed with a firearm. So let's take a look at gun controlled NYC vs gun liberal large cities. See a trend? Yes, NYC fares far better than any of the gun liberal large cities in TX, LA or MO. Far better.

• New York City: 2.72 - New York City has recorded 223 homicides as of July 15. The city has 8.17 million residents.
  • Houston: 5.0 - Houston has logged 105 homicides through June. There are 2.09 million residents.
  • Dallas: 6.43 - Dallas has logged 77 homicides, as of July 24. There are 1.19 million residents.
  • Kansas City: 12.2 - Kansas City has logged 56 homicides, as of July 24. There are 459,000 residents.
  • St. Louis: 18.18 - St. Louis has logged 58 homicides through June. There are 319,000 residents.
  • New Orleans: 32.65 - New Orleans has logged 112 homicides, as of July 24. There are 343,000 residents.

This thread was started by you making the claim that hands and feet kill more people than assault rifles, you provided a link that does not back up your claim. There is no data for assault rifles on that FBI chart, there is no data for assault weapons period. There is however a column titled "firearms (type unknown)", that column has the majority of firearms used except for handguns, in almost every state. Those numbers far exceed "rifles" or hands and feet. I asked you to explain how you came to your conclusion that hands and feet killed more people than assault rifles, I'm still waiting for your answer.

I know math is hard but..... Look at the totals and tell me what category you think most assault weapons fall into. firearms unknown means someone got shot and they did not have the weapon or never recovered it.

If 20 percent of unknowns was assault riffle , which is highly unlikely and every single rifle used for murder was an assualt style weapon (once again not true) it would still be way less than hands and feet and dramatically lower than Knives.

So tell me. What in the data makes you think assault weapons are the problem. I can answer for you. ZERO. Not one shred of logic or statistically based data can be used to prove assault weapons are even a blip on the radar of the problem.

What the data does show is that Hands, feet, Knives, Handguns are way more dangerous to the public than assault weapons and that Shotguns are as dangerous if not more.

So tell me again why we screaming about assault weapons ? It is becuse they look like weapons in scary war and gangster movies, it is a base rallying subject for liberals, and people that don't understand Tactics, weapons, truth, or statics jump all over it.

Here are the totals

Handguns-6,220

Rifles-323 (most assault weapons are rifles but most rifles are not assault weapons))

Shotguns -356

Firearm Unkown-1694

Hands and Feet -728

Knives-1694

Edited by Run Herschel Run

We're still talking about people being murdered - violent crime is a much larger category of crime and does not equate with fatalities. We established in another thread that about 7 out of 10 homicides are committed with a firearm. So let's take a look at gun controlled NYC vs gun liberal large cities. See a trend? Yes, NYC fares far better than any of the gun liberal large cities in TX, LA or MO. Far better.

• New York City: 2.72 - New York City has recorded 223 homicides as of July 15. The city has 8.17 million residents.
  • Houston: 5.0 - Houston has logged 105 homicides through June. There are 2.09 million residents.
  • Dallas: 6.43 - Dallas has logged 77 homicides, as of July 24. There are 1.19 million residents.
  • Kansas City: 12.2 - Kansas City has logged 56 homicides, as of July 24. There are 459,000 residents.
  • St. Louis: 18.18 - St. Louis has logged 58 homicides through June. There are 319,000 residents.
  • New Orleans: 32.65 - New Orleans has logged 112 homicides, as of July 24. There are 343,000 residents.

wonder if anything else in NY affects that number. why don't you plug in Dc and Chicago. Two more gun control paradises of liberal utopia.

Timeline

Are you getting the numbers from the other website posted in a different thread?