nekki

Withdrawing K -1 petition

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys this came as a suprise to me. I and my fiance have been going through tough times like arguing, fighting and he complains i nag too much and suffocates him. Finally after our last argument, i deleted him from our blackberry chat messenger. Since then going on 5 days no word from him. Last convo we had he says he doesn't want to make it work.I sent three apology text messages; still nothing. Initially i though he needed some space and time but now it's beginning to seem like it's really over. I should be expecting out NOA 2 in feb or early Mar. I have 2 questions, is it better to withdraw it now before it gets approved or wait til it get approved and gets returned to NVC? I don't know if we are going to get back together but i'm not putting my hope in that...

Edited by nekki

He has refused to accept yet. He told our mutual friend that he doesnt wanna accept yet. He wants to relax a little from my naggings

Wait. Some people need more time to cool off, and also add him back on Blackberry chat messenger as you dont want to totally cut communication.

Hello guys this came as a suprise to me. I and my fiance have been going through tough times like arguing, fighting and he complains i nag too much and suffocates him. Finally after our last argument, i deleted him from our blackberry chat messenger. Since then going on 5 days no word from him. Last convo we had he says he doesn't want to make it work.I sent three apology text messages; still nothing. Initially i though he needed some space and time but now it's beginning to seem like it's really over. I should be expecting out NOA 2 in feb or early Mar. I have 2 questions, is it better to withdraw it now before it gets approved or wait til it get approved and gets returned to NVC? I don't know if we are going to get back together but i'm not putting my hope in that...

I just read your beautiful love story. So you're childhood sweethearts... I agree with our other friend here to please give it a little more time to wait. Love always find a way. (L)

"He makes all things beautiful...in His time"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Haste makes waste! Take your time to make a firm decision, not based off temporary emotions. You have plenty of time to stop the process, if you know decide to move forward in that direction.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You have plenty of time to make this decision, so best to wait a while and see how you still feel. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'll still like to know if withdrawal before it gets to the embassy or let it just roll and expire?

You can pull it at any point up until the visa issuance, but I'd follow up and make sure they actually do it. I found mailing a letter to VSC to not be very successful, but you can do that or you can just let it sit at NVC and not fill out the paperwork or contact NVC and withdraw it. It is really up to you.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

thanks i might let it get approved sit there and get returned

You can pull it at any point up until the visa issuance, but I'd follow up and make sure they actually do it. I found mailing a letter to VSC to not be very successful, but you can do that or you can just let it sit at NVC and not fill out the paperwork or contact NVC and withdraw it. It is really up to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Please i'm going crazy here. I petitioned for an ex fiance in 2007 and withdrew the petition after getting my approval and No2. Suprisingly i never followed up on the withdrawal because i never thought i would find myself filing for someone again. I sent out my new fiance petition sometime in August of this year 2012 and something told me to check the receipt of my old petition. It looked like it was not officially withdrawn and was sent back to NVC. I've sent out multiple withdrawal letters since then and i'm not getting any feedback or confirmation. I'm tired of speaking to people on the phone and not getting the answer i am looking for. I'm just hoping it does not have any effect on my new petition. What do i do because this is the forth time i am sending the same withdrawal letter to Vermont and they keep claiming they are not getting the letters

This post has been edited by nekki: 19 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

SO IS THE SECOND TIME THAT YOU WITHDREW????????

I really beleive you are going to regret it if you pull this petition. I have seen one other person do this and then later come back to petition again. This can not only cause you a huge expense if you pick it back up, but it can also cause you issues at interview if they notice you have pulled a petition then refilled again for this same person, or even another person. Nigeria is possibly the most difficult embassy there is to get an approval. So know concretely that this is what you want to do "Before" you actually do it.

If you are truly considering it, I'd go the "expire" route before I'd go the "pull the petition route".

yes my 1st was in 2007. It expired cos we moved on and now this i'm sick of it

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Please i'm going crazy here. I petitioned for an ex fiance in 2007 and withdrew the petition after getting my approval and No2. Suprisingly i never followed up on the withdrawal because i never thought i would find myself filing for someone again. I sent out my new fiance petition sometime in August of this year 2012 and something told me to check the receipt of my old petition. It looked like it was not officially withdrawn and was sent back to NVC. I've sent out multiple withdrawal letters since then and i'm not getting any feedback or confirmation. I'm tired of speaking to people on the phone and not getting the answer i am looking for. I'm just hoping it does not have any effect on my new petition. What do i do because this is the forth time i am sending the same withdrawal letter to Vermont and they keep claiming they are not getting the letters

This post has been edited by nekki: 19 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

SO IS THE SECOND TIME THAT YOU WITHDREW????????

Sorry for your predicaments dear. Was the first petition in 2007 for this same guy? If the answer is yes, then it'll be a miracle for you both to live together since you've for long become incompatible... I hate to force someone to love me? It has to be compatibility otherwise, there will be no need to keep on patching this thing and after visa approval and your man is in the state, then another story comes up... Relationship is not by force fwiw... I know nagging is tough to cope with but there are men who came handle you the way you are and not all men could... Your guy has made a good decision for his own good and don't force him to accept you for you... Pray for your true husband from God... There can be miracle when you believe... As for stopping the fiancee petition I don't see how you'll regret it if you both aren't this compartible! What is the essence of bringing your man down to be with you and within few months you find he's gone? Does that make your future petition if any be less scrutinized? It's a hurt decision but imho base on the anticident of your relationship between you both it'll be hard to move together than we all know it... My prayer is with you on your final decision sister!

Thanks dear. The 1st petition in 07 was not for him. sad.gif

Sorry for your predicaments dear. Was the first petition in 2007 for this same guy? If the answer is yes, then it'll be a miracle for you both to live together since you've for long become incompatible... I hate to force someone to love me? It has to be compatibility otherwise, there will be no need to keep on patching this thing and after visa approval and your man is in the state, then another story comes up... Relationship is not by force fwiw... I know nagging is tough to cope with but there are men who came handle you the way you are and not all men could... Your guy has made a good decision for his own good and don't force him to accept you for you... Pray for your true husband from God... There can be miracle when you believe... As for stopping the fiancee petition I don't see how you'll regret it if you both aren't this compartible! What is the essence of bringing your man down to be with you and within few months you find he's gone? Does that make your future petition if any be less scrutinized? It's a hurt decision but imho base on the anticident of your relationship between you both it'll be hard to move together than we all know it... My prayer is with you on your final decision sister!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.