nekki

Withdrawing K -1 petition

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

There will always be disagreements or arguments between couples. Sometimes there will be things said, in the heat of the moment, that aren't true feelings. We say them, lashing out, because we are upset or intentionally try hurting one another with words. Yes, in most cases, we end up regretting those words that we say. Stress can weigh us down and sometimes we take the frustrations out on others. Words can hurt us deeply, and usually never forgotten, although forgiven. But where there is true love, we grow from the experience. We take less for granted and ways of communicating will improve. When the good times outweigh the bad, we can still build on the foundation. When we can apologize and truly mean it, without continuing to make the same mistakes, there is hope. When we treat our partners like we want to be treated, a couple will be the best of friends, just like they should be. And if there isn't love, trust, respect, and communication between a couple then they will fall apart. Only you will know if all of that is there or not, and don't base decisions out of anger or other people's opinions. You are the only one living it and knows what is there and what isn't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks dear. The 1st petition in 07 was not for him. sad.gif

I would wait, long distance is extremely tough and sometimes people need some space. Best Wishes

USCIS
07/19/2012 Mailed I-130 FedEx Express
07/20/2012 Received I-130, Priority date
07/25/2012 NOA1 E-mail
07/27/2012 NOA1 I-797 received my mail
12/17/2012 NOA2 Approval, USCIS website

NVC
12/24/2012 NVC Received case
01/10/2013 Case # Received
01/14/2013 AOS Bill Paid-In Process
01/15/2013 AOS shows as PAID
01/15/2013 DS-3032 e-mailed
01/15/2013 AOS Packet mailed FedEX Ground
01/22/2013 AOS Packet signed for at NVC
01/25/2013 DS-3032 Accepted/ E-mail
01/28/2013 IV Packet Invoiced/IV Bill PAID-IN PROCESS
01/30/2013 IV Bill shows as PAID
01/30/2013 IV Packet mailed via DHL
02/01/2013 Called NVC, AOS packet ACCEPTED. smile.png
02/04/2013 IV packet delivered
02/12/2013 Case Complete

Bogota, Colombia: US embassy
03/26/2013 Lab
03/27/2013 Medical
04/03/2013 Interview/APPROVED/ BUT PLACED ON AP TILL W-2 ARRIVE.
04/29/2013 Visa ISSUED

05/03/213 DHL Visa Pickup

05/17/2013 POE MIA/PHX FINAL DESTINATION.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys this came as a suprise to me. I and my fiance have been going through tough times like arguing, fighting and he complains i nag too much and suffocates him. Finally after our last argument, i deleted him from our blackberry chat messenger. Since then going on 5 days no word from him. Last convo we had he says he doesn't want to make it work.I sent three apology text messages; still nothing. Initially i though he needed some space and time but now it's beginning to seem like it's really over. I should be expecting out NOA 2 in feb or early Mar. I have 2 questions, is it better to withdraw it now before it gets approved or wait til it get approved and gets returned to NVC? I don't know if we are going to get back together but i'm not putting my hope in that...

YOU CAN WITHDRAW YOUR PETITION AT ANY STAGE BUT KEEP YOUR PROOF OF WITHDRAWAL AS YOU MIGHT NEED IT IN FUTURE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Why yall think u are the only people arguing,fighting or having any misunderstanding of that sort?NO...You are two adults who need to sit down and settle it. There is a saying in my language here in ghana that says if u invite or ask someone to marry u and live together with u? u just ask for a fight but what do u do?u go through it thats life and work on being better. for all this time put in with this process I will take my time to make decisions. NEVER USE THE WORD D

Filed: Timeline

I don't know the pressue was just getting too much but we trying to get it under control. It's truly overwhelming and I have a hermit type of man. I have to take a fdiff. Approach with him from now on.

Why yall think u are the only people arguing,fighting or having any misunderstanding of that sort?NO...You are two adults who need to sit down and settle it. There is a saying in my language here in ghana that says if u invite or ask someone to marry u and live together with u? u just ask for a fight but what do u do?u go through it thats life and work on being better. for all this time put in with this process I will take my time to make decisions. NEVER USE THE WORD D

Filed: Timeline

If you feel deep down its not going to work then better stop the process, especially when he made up his mind. But sometimes things happen and after a while people calm/cool down and change their mind. But remember you know you and your relationship so give it a careful thought and when you're ready make that personal decision only by yourself! Goodluck and I wish you the very best!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

During the immigration process you are in a shell of a relationship. You have a commitment on record but you are unable to be together to experience each other. Couples will fight , but if you fight too much at a distance it may not improve close up. I know many Nigerians here try to marry their US born children to people back home, but no matter how much the family raised their child exposed to Nigerian ways you still have an American underneath and these relationships frequently fail. Nigerian men , especially older ones have very outdated throughts about a womans role in the relationship and in society in general. It can get in the way of what is a natural relationship. Even though the laws have changed for the most part and women are no longer property, the mind set still slips back to the old ways. If your fiance is finding you to be nagging and intrusive , he probably will see the same when he arrives and that does not bode well for a long term relationship. You need to consider if you are being out of character in what is going on or if it is your natural behavior. If it is your normal behavior then I would pull out before being saddled with the responsibilities of the affidavit of support.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.