mx65

Fiance visa denied

52 posts in this topic

Y is so many American men trying to marry women from certain countries especially the Phillipines/ are the Phillipines men in great demand abroad too I am just wondering. I know the Phillipino nurses are the worlds best I have been hospitalized 3 times and taken care care of by them and I must say they are real nurturers and care-takers, very good ppl in the medical field, no doubt

they seem like easy push-overs but they are not from reading here, so is this some kind of sensual/nurturing fantasy these men

here go seek in the Phillipines

That's a great question to start another topic on! :ot2:

Filed: Timeline

Y is so many American men trying to marry women from certain countries especially the Phillipines/ are the Phillipines men in great demand abroad too I am just wondering. I know the Phillipino nurses are the worlds best I have been hospitalized 3 times and taken care care of by them and I must say they are real nurturers and care-takers, very good ppl in the medical field, no doubt

they seem like easy push-overs but they are not from reading here, so is this some kind of sensual/nurturing fantasy these men

Great question,,as what you said the taking care part..Try to mingle more them and u will know how filipinos so great...

Denied for prostitution. Misunderstanding during interview. What can be done.

Sounds that the embassy had done a wide background check about your fiance. Get a GOOD lawyer to handle this case. If it was just a misunderstanding, the lawyer could address it.

God bless with your entire process, soon.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I appreciate all of the response so far. Okay let me try to add some history here so maybe I can get some suggestions and some help rather than just criticisms. We met 6 months ago and we talk almost everyday morning noon and night. She has a married sister living in the US for the past 3 years who I also talk with on a regular basis. Also spoke to her husband who met the entire family. The both assure me she is a good girl and comes from a good family. The subject never came up until recently when we began getting real serious with each other. She told me about being denied a fiance visa on Dec 14, 2011 with another man. She emailed me the documents showing the reason for denial and when I saw that I was shocked. She is also very upset to be considered a prostitute when she has never been involved in that kind of work and has not worked in any bars. She works in an internet cafe. She is from Samar but now living in Angeles City. I think the interviewer already believes she is working in a bar just because she lives in Sin City. So at the end of the interview he began to ask her about her work and kept on insisting that she works in the bars as a prostitute even though she kept on denying it until she says he started to talk very loud accusing her and she became very scared and nervous and said yes just to end the interview. i have yet to visit her in the Philippines and I have not applied for any sort of visa. I am thinking to marry her there and try a spousal visa. I only sent her money for her birthday so she could buy a gift and have a cake and some foods for her friends and relatives. I attended the party myself via web cam. Sorry this is so long

Here is the thing,Angeles might be the sin city, but the COs are not naive. Is not like uscis and department of homeland security mass train a group of officers and send them off to different countries. Each consulate has officers who are aware of the norms and cultural differences. So don't be dead set in justifying denial with the idea that the CO couldn't tell the difference between an Internet cafe and a bar or that they think everyone from Angeles is a prostitute .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Although you have talked to this woman, her family and so forth, you have never met her in person. It has been nothing but talk. You really do not have any kind of real relationship. And now you are facing some severe immigration issues which may not be overcome. I would stop trying to be the "I will save you,I am your hero, type of guy" and find some one else who does not have all this baggage. There are thousands of decent women over there who would love to find a nice guy like you. Maybe it's time to just move on?

You tell me. Is it so much of a fantasy now to look for this sensual/nurturing characteristic in a woman's nature that we have to look to one particular culture? I don't think so, and I don't see this quality being so far fetched when wanted from a woman that it would be considered a fantasy. Sad to think about that being the case.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

well you have gotten best advise so far which is to get a lawyer. beyond that you would have to move to philippines to be with her...with that said I think its good idea to visit at least once and spend some time together and see if you like the place and of course your girl too

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Here is the thing,Angeles might be the sin city, but the COs are not naive. Is not like uscis and department of homeland security mass train a group of officers and send them off to different countries. Each consulate has officers who are aware of the norms and cultural differences. So don't be dead set in justifying denial with the idea that the CO couldn't tell the difference between an Internet cafe and a bar or that they think everyone from Angeles is a prostitute .

I agree here and want to add why would your fiancee move from Samar to Angeles to work at an internet cafe. I lived and worked in the Philippines and yes visited Angeles City. And although Angeles has a nice mall and wonderful legitimate places of work something caused her to get talked down to at the in interview. If in read your response correctly you have yet to meet her in person? If so this is why she was rejected for starters. My suggestion as others posted. Go meet her, keep your radar up as to Her persona etc. If all is well then take the 10 business days to file papers and marry her there. Then do the K3. I would consult an immigration Attorney first. But be open and honest and do not hold anything back. Good luck

Edited by LSnBigBear

I am from Samar and it is a small town. You might want to message me and I can do a lil background check lol, be honest with you, if it's from Samar and moved to Olongapo to work? hmmmmmmmm, sounds sketchy. Olongapo is well known for prostitution. It is where Samar girls go to work as prostitutes. None of her family will tell you the truth. Be very wary. Enough with this USER's story.

Edited by issha2lynden

I'm sorry Samar is an Island and I am from one of it's small town. Let me give you a little background. A decent or educated girl from Samar would not move to Olongapo for a job. I would say those women who do it are really from impoverished family and needs survival. Net cafe in the Philippines now a days holds on line prostitution. I am not 100% positive she is but highly likely. There, just my honest opinion. Hope you find the right woman OP.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry Samar is an Island and I am from one of it's small town. Let me give you a little background. A decent or educated girl from Samar would not move to Olongapo for a job. I would say those women who do it are really from impoverished family and needs survival. Net cafe in the Philippines now a days holds on line prostitution. I am not 100% positive she is but highly likely. There, just my honest opinion. Hope you find the right woman OP.

how do i message you?

Somehow that transparent micro-thin layer of cotton hiding nothing as a practical matter makes them angels whereas the poor Filipina doing the same thing is a filthy animal. What is really going on is bigotry. Poor brown colored people cannot do what the rich white girl can do.

This is complete BS. A perfect model of Aryan beauty that works as a fully legal and tax paying prostitute or madam in Germany or the Netherlands is prevented from immigrating to the US just the same as a bar girl from Thailand or the Philippines. Just because you hold a different moral standard doesn't mean the US government should follow the same Devil down the primrose path. Prostitution is no more a valid method to avoid poverty than dealing drugs or running numbers. Our society, as a whole, considers all of these so called 'victimless crimes' as morally bankrupt activities and bars anyone guilty of them from entering the country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.