I+H

Friend Pregnant

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes you can enter on vwp and adjust status. It is not an automatic denial! As long as you didn't enter the country with the intent to do so from the beginning.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

No one is looking for feel good answers. I am looking for humanity, kindnesss. Is Thanksgiving not tomorrow? Do not presume what I appreciate and what I do not.

And I ask on a public forum because I am still naive enough to believe that every single person in the world is good hearted.

Unfortunately, United States immigration is not a humane, kind, or feel good service and they would never tell you otherwise. You are guilty until proven innocent and humanity doesn't matter. The response was straight up honest, in my experience.

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

I didn't say she was wrong. re-read the comment. She said the person shouldn't have gotten pregnant. Who is she to make that decision for anyone? Hold your horses. Like she's entitled to her ridiculous opinion I am too. As far as the VWP, I have no comment on that because I didn't have that experience. But, as far as extreme financial hardship, I do have experience on that.

Perhaps you should go back and see what you quoted then. Also why do you insist of pursuing me throughout this message board with harassing comments both on the board and previously in private messages?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~Stay on topic please, some are getting pretty close to getting thread banned~~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They can get married and file for adjustment of status...no big deal.

Yep

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They can marry now and file for AOS. There is no issue with intent or being pregnant. If they have the money to do it, then they can do it. http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post has been removed for violating TOS and one poster has been thread-banned for ignoring the moderator's warning.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the moral of the story is that the immigration law is too confusing for those people who need it and the USCIS customer service is too vague for those who need help understanding it. I realize that they don't want everybody getting accepted for an expedite, especially those who don't need it, however, if you could show proof, it shouldn't matter which category you fall under and the customer service should be more direct with help on an expedite request. Upon first glance, many would assume that a pregnancy would be a humanitarian reason or a moral reason. I wish I knew this was not the case when I applied because, while I painfully described the angst I felt not being able to share in the life of my son, I saw 2 other categories that I could have fit under for an expedite. Looking back, this was frivolous and it did me no good because now I'm 50k in the hole and $2k more every month as a result of immigration and their nonsense. I would have been much better off applying for an expedite based on financial reasons. I thought that this could be counter-intuitive because we need to be able to financially support our fiance/wife here in the US on the affidavit of support and I assumed that claiming a financial issue could get me denied later. Either way, now I am stuck with the angst and the misfortune. Live and learn. Unfortunately, I imagine that nothing immigration-wise would be as important to me than being with my son, even though I applied after only being 1.5 months pregnant and still waiting as he turns 3 months now. (expecting a visa for my fiance when he turns 5 months). To me, this is an outrage.

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would never occur to me that pregnancy would be a reason to expedite.

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual

Extreme emergent situation

Humanitarian situation

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

USCIS error

Compelling interest of USCIS

Remember that these apply to all categories, not just spouses.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.