elmcitymaven

Boring Stuff About My Life

1,340 posts in this topic

I picked up Gabriela Tuesday afternoon on St. Thomas. I didn't want to deal with the car ferries to St. John late afternoon, so I brought the boat over in the morning and anchored in STT. Spent the rest of the afternoon getting her "STUFF" put away and being that we live aboard, trying to make more room for her newly purchased "stuff". I took a personal day off Wednesday and after cleaning up the boat, we made a lunch, loaded a cooler with some presidente's, grabbed the portable radio and headed over to happy island in the dinghy to enjoy the day at the beach.. Gotta love extended vacation.. Came into work today and just found out that we have a three day weekend coming up due to "Good Friday"!! Coloring Easter eggs Friday evening, and going to an Easter egg hunt and potluck get together with the other boaties on Sunday.

My wife and I went to the Montreal@Pittsburgh hockey game on Tuesday. I'm a lifelong Canadiens fan, and my wife and I met through the Penguins official message board, so it was very cool to go to the game together. We have tickets to go to the next meeting between the two teams in April, and then on Tuesday a friend of ours from the Pens message board asked if we wanted to use her two season tickets, as she was unable to make it to the game. So we got to go to the Tuesday game too. It was awesome (even though the Penguins won by a soccer-type score of 1-0). B-)

My FB newsfeed is all about Iginla being traded this morning. Glad you enjoyed the game.

If you were a Toronto fan I’d have to mock you but the Canadiens are pretty cool. :)

In line for interview for exactly a week today but no other update yet. Hopefully I'll get my interview date very soon so I can focus on studying. luv.gif

Good luck tomorrow!

I picked up Gabriela Tuesday afternoon on St. Thomas. I didn't want to deal with the car ferries to St. John late afternoon, so I brought the boat over in the morning and anchored in STT. Spent the rest of the afternoon getting her "STUFF" put away and being that we live aboard, trying to make more room for her newly purchased "stuff". I took a personal day off Wednesday and after cleaning up the boat, we made a lunch, loaded a cooler with some presidente's, grabbed the portable radio and headed over to happy island in the dinghy to enjoy the day at the beach.. Gotta love extended vacation.. Came into work today and just found out that we have a three day weekend coming up due to "Good Friday"!! Coloring Easter eggs Friday evening, and going to an Easter egg hunt and potluck get together with the other boaties on Sunday.

Your life sounds so idyllic. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Your life sounds so idyllic. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Thank you hikergirl...

I've been working on the simple carefree lifestyle for many years now and it really is going well in that direction, but I'm not there QUITE YET.. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!

I'm trying to figure out whether I should be grumpy that my underling brought me Earl Grey and not English Breakfast this morning from Peet's. On the one hand, yay, my tea brought to me. On the other, not what I asked for (and not what I ask for every day). I happen to like Earl Grey, which is good, but the first sip was like holy hell, #######. I have a feeling he was told there was no EB available, and would EG do, and he said yes, but did not mention it to me.

This happened the other day too, with something far more important. I was calendaring some hearing dates and I noticed that the case had been moved from Santa Monica to Beverly Hills. Since he was the one who had filed the complaint at Santa Monica, I asked him if they had mentioned this. He said, "oh yah, they said something about that and I was confused" and I was shocked. This is a big deal! We had filed in SM for a reason and he 1) doesn't call me from the courthouse because he was confused (which he theoretically knows to do) and 2) never mentions the venue change, figuring someone on our end will just catch it.

All of this makes me err towards the side of being grumpy about the Earl Grey, which I will drink anyway.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Thanks, but I still do not have my interview date. Hopefully I'll get it soon. luv.gif

Mis-read your first post :blush:

Crossing my fingers that you get your interview & soon!

Thank you hikergirl...

I've been working on the simple carefree lifestyle for many years now and it really is going well in that direction, but I'm not there QUITE YET.. I hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!

Right now I am working on the down-sizing of stuff part of my Simplifying My Life plan.

Trying to get down to only essentials for the Big Move. Then the trick will be not to accumulate more.

I can’t believe how emotionally attached I can get to things and some of the ####### that you think of as essential when it’s really not.

I sure wish I was farther ahead then am though.

Mis-read your first post :blush:

Crossing my fingers that you get your interview & soon!

Thank you. Hopefully you get yours, too. The N-400 is the least stressful of all the immigration applications my husband and I have filed. We had K-1, I-485 with I-131 and I-765, then I-751 before this. The wait for N-400 is boring and tiring as usual but I'm more confident because of my 10-year permanent resident card. That means I can legally stay in the US as long as my husband wants to be here. luv.gif I have a feeling that he'll want me to petition him next in the Philippines. biggrin.gif

Right now I am working on the down-sizing of stuff part of my Simplifying My Life plan.

Trying to get down to only essentials for the Big Move. Then the trick will be not to accumulate more.

I can't believe how emotionally attached I can get to things and some of the ####### that you think of as essential when it's really not.

Are you taking your celery-loving cat to the US? I asked NikiR yesterday and she told me that she does not have a kitty. laughing.gif Ginger actually belongs to you.

Before my husband and I moved to our new place in late January this year, we sold all our furniture together with our awesome fridge. I gave away half of my purses and many pairs of shoes. We created a huge donation pile. It was hard to let go of some stuff at first but after that, I realized it does feel good. There's more room in the closet and I get pickier when I shop. Until now we barely have furniture in the house and I'm fine with it.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I can’t believe how emotionally attached I can get to things and some of the ####### that you think of as essential when it’s really not.

We are each getting down to one suitcase and one carry on. Try that one for size. :whistle: I never realize how little I really need. It is really freeing.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

We are each getting down to one suitcase and one carry on. Try that one for size. :whistle: I never realize how little I really need. It is really freeing.

I was minimizing the material junk I had for years. This partly came after spending time in the Philippines and seeing how people were happy with much less. Now my wife, the Filipina, is here and I notice we're accumulating things again. How the heck did that happen? :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My FB newsfeed is all about Iginla being traded this morning. Glad you enjoyed the game.

If you were a Toronto fan I’d have to mock you but the Canadiens are pretty cool. :)

Yeah people are really excited in Pittsburgh. I'm sure a lot of Penguins fans are planning the Stanley Cup parade already.

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I got rid of almost everything when I moved. I basically kept the irreplaceable stuff which I left with my mom and she slowly shipped it out to me. I just took one big suitcase with my clothes and another bag or two of other stuff.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thank you. Hopefully you get yours, too. The N-400 is the least stressful of all the immigration applications my husband and I have filed. We had K-1, I-485 with I-131 and I-765, then I-751 before this. The wait for N-400 is boring and tiring as usual but I'm more confident because of my 10-year permanent resident card. That means I can legally stay in the US as long as my husband wants to be here. luv.gif I have a feeling that he'll want me to petition him next in the Philippines. biggrin.gif

Are you taking your celery-loving cat to the US? I asked NikiR yesterday and she told me that she does not have a kitty. laughing.gif Ginger actually belongs to you.

Before my husband and I moved to our new place in late January this year, we sold all our furniture together with our awesome fridge. I gave away half of my purses and many pairs of shoes. We created a huge donation pile. It was hard to let go of some stuff at first but after that, I realized it does feel good. There's more room in the closet and I get pickier when I shop. Until now we barely have furniture in the house and I'm fine with it.

Yep Ginger already has her certificate to immigrate. Our vet is used to the snowbirds bringing their pets down so they have one set up in their system.