elmcitymaven

Boring Stuff About My Life

1,340 posts in this topic

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1352770662' post='5817966]

I just scratched my balls.

Or as you high brow academic types like to call them, testicalia.

BREAKING NEWS: JERSEY TROLL HAS ITCHY TESTICALIA STORY AT 11

star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is VJ, where we appear to have an infinite appetite for the minutiae of each other's lives like we were celebrities. But some of us are "Superstar Members"! In the interests of feeding the collective curiosity of VJ, I propose we report on the everyday aspects of our lives like the celebrities we know we are.

Think of it as TMZ for VJ.

So today, I got up a full fifteen minutes earlier than usual, because my cat woke me up. I didn't need to wash my hair, so I had some extra time and got to have an extra cup of tea before work. I prefer Tetley's British Blend! (No sugar.) The commute was pretty unremarkable. I was stoked because the Staples delivery had come over the weekend and I got the labels I needed! I also spent a couple of hours on Westlaw looking at stuff about compelling discovery. It was pretty "compelling" stuff! (Terrible joke, I know.) I'm leaving work in fifteen minutes, and I'm calling my mom on the way home. Tonight I'll be out having a few beers with my friend Reid and talking about Skyfall, which I saw this weekend with my boyfriend. My boyfriend who I normally sleep naked with but couldn't this weekend because he hasn't had his pilot light lit yet so we were freezing and I had to wear SOCKS.

Please feel free to share, superstars! star_smile.gifcool.gifstar_smile.gifcool.gif

Maven, your life has so much win I'm beside myself!

Maven, your life has so much win I'm beside myself!

Staashi, thank you! It's tough being a superstar, you know how it is. Let us know about your life!

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1352771509' post='5817987]

I just imagined what life would be like if I was a talking pumpkin.

I don't think I'd enjoy being orange.

Orange is a difficult colour.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you for asking, Maven. Today, I enjoyed a break from my freeloading government desk job - Thank you, Veterans! It was lovely to have a day off, where I engaged in an auto-debate of opposing themes: should I iron clothes or go see a movie? The movie won. I went with a girlfriend of mine to see The Dark Night Rises - excellent film! I'm so glad that the film won the debate! Afterwards, I went to Starbucks and enjoyed a seasonal Caramel Brulee Latte. While there, I had a conversation with my friend Jim - a Democrat 1%er, who is lucky to live off of a huge trustfund. I wish he could sponsor the Staashi Scholarship Fund or at least my Starbucks fund. Now, I'm home watching Dancing With the Stars. Tomorrow, I return to my regularly scheduled life of work, zumba, and extracurricular activities.

Filed: Timeline

We had wings at the Alehouse. I asked about the sauce on the wings and whether it came with carrots and celery. She said it did and did I want the sauce on the side. I was a bit turned off at the thought of my crudités swimming in blue cheese sauce so I said yes, I'd like it on the side. When the order came the wing sauce was on the side and I was quite puzzled.

Went all the way to Fairfax to pick up tickets to the Washington Chorus Christmas because AAA gives you a 20% discount and the person on the phone told me that's what I had to do. When I got there the guy told me they don't sell tickets for the Kennedy Center and tried to make me go away. But I don't give up that easily and insisted he do what he's paid to do because I have Premiere status and I can get mean. He did a lot of mousing and made a few phonecalls but no one knew how to apply the discount for the tickets. Finally he took my number and told me he'd call. I think he just wanted my number.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Boy did I have a wacky day! It was a regular work day, and as I was pulling out of my condo's underground parking garage to head to the office, I heard a terrible noise! I was afraid that perhaps the transmission in my 15-year-old car was about to explode, but not so afraid that I kept from driving the 15 miles to work, which includes highway driving. When I arrived at the office, I was relieved to discover the source of the noise: the plastic shroud thing in the front of the car had come loose and was dragging on the ground. Thank Jessup! I was even able to remove it myself. The remaining screw holding it onto the car was so loose, I didn't even need a wrench! Just my dainty fingers. I hope no one in the parking garage tried to sneak a peek while I was on my knees next to the car, stilettos in the air.

For lunch, I had a chicken focaccia sandwich, a side salad, and half lemonade, half iced tea from the drink station. I like iced tea and lemonade, so I made a mixture.

On the way home, some dickwad pulled out in front of me and proceeded to go about 10 mph. It's snowbird season. Lots of Lincoln Town Cars and Ford Crown Vics that look like they're being driven by...no one. They pay no mind to rules of traffic or indeed the laws of physics.

At one point during the day, I looked out the window. At first, I thought I saw several MILFS mud wrestling (cue Kip), but it turned out to be a pile of mulch. I think an optometrist appointment might be in order. :thumbs:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Now I remember why I left. :blink:

Oh, quit being such a fuddy-duddy. Tell us your shoe size, the last time you bought tires, and your favorite OTC analgesics.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Timeline

Oh, quit being such a fuddy-duddy. Tell us your shoe size, the last time you bought tires, and your favorite OTC analgesics.

14W, the day after I bought my last truck, and I prefer prescription narcotic pain killers, although my doctor is a little stingy with them.