elmcitymaven

Boring Stuff About My Life

1,340 posts in this topic

I think it’s great hearing you guy’s downsizing stories. Making me think I am on the right track.

Hubby and I can save our money normally spent on things and spend it on memories and even (gasp!) save some.

I'm waiting in my car for my boyfriend to emerge from his building. He's at film school part time and today I'm helping out as PA for one of his projects. I'm waiting because the actors have to change into their costumes. They're both luchadores.

I'm drinking a seltzer and listening to Morning Edition on NPR. And we're already half an hour late. Gonna be a long day, with locations in Koreatown, the Toy District, Pasadena and Simi Valley.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey maven(The) - is yer BF doing any collab with justkiddingfilms ? That'd be a hoot, if so. I like JFK, a lots !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Ugh! This heat is killing me. :P

What the H.E. Double Hockeystick am I gonna do when it gets really hot? :dead:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I just bought this dress:

I think I'm going to wear it with some whorey-Mary Janes for the Catholic High School Girl in Trouble look.

I just ordered this one and some others from Modcloth:

70c6c5a4acdd50c3d0e3aa3c88b33d12.jpg?1356648223

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I just ordered this one and some others from Modcloth:

70c6c5a4acdd50c3d0e3aa3c88b33d12.jpg?1356648223

Oooooh, nice! I can't wear a neckline like that though or I look like I have Monoboob. wacko.gif

Back then I would have the gym all to myself at lunch time but since the pool has opened, a few male neighbors sometimes stick around the gym to check out female neighbors in two-piece bikini, sunbathing in the cabanas and chaise longues. I'm glad that today only the cleaning lady interrupted my peaceful time on the elliptical machine. Apparently there would be no roosters without the grains on display. Happy me.

9aog2a.jpg

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh! This heat is killing me. :P

What the H.E. Double Hockeystick am I gonna do when it gets really hot? :dead:

I would trade places with you. It has been raining here for 2 days and we cannot seem to get above the 45 degree mark.

On another note, I am watching the movie Mannequin on Cinemax and cannot get over how young Kim Cattrall looked before she was slutty Samantha

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

I cut myself shaving my legs this morning. I can't remember the last time I did that. Since I started using the Venus razors, I never, ever nick myself.

I also broke the last of the nice wine glasses this morning while doing the washing up. I was picking up all the broken pieces and managed to cut myself on my right ring finger. Blood EVERYWHERE. Clearly this is the day I accidentally cut myself. Then I terrorised the cat with the vacuum cleaner. Poor thing HATES the noise.

My underling just brought me a coffee and it was exactly as ordered.

I would trade places with you. It has been raining here for 2 days and we cannot seem to get above the 45 degree mark.

On another note, I am watching the movie Mannequin on Cinemax and cannot get over how young Kim Cattrall looked before she was slutty Samantha

OMG Mannequin is the BEST.

I wish I was watching Mannequin instead of shirking responsibility at work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes I treat my husband as my underling. He just finished making me breakfast. He knows that his place is in the kitchen.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Hubby makes the most awesome sausage gravy for biscuits.

I found him a recipe for biscuits from scratch so I can make the biscuits from scratch while he makes the gravy.

Hopefully I can see him soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

This is VJ, where we appear to have an infinite appetite for the minutiae of each other's lives like we were celebrities. But some of us are "Superstar Members"! In the interests of feeding the collective curiosity of VJ, I propose we report on the everyday aspects of our lives like the celebrities we know we are.

Think of it as TMZ for VJ.

So today, I got up a full fifteen minutes earlier than usual, because my cat woke me up. I didn't need to wash my hair, so I had some extra time and got to have an extra cup of tea before work. I prefer Tetley's British Blend! (No sugar.) The commute was pretty unremarkable. I was stoked because the Staples delivery had come over the weekend and I got the labels I needed! I also spent a couple of hours on Westlaw looking at stuff about compelling discovery. It was pretty "compelling" stuff! (Terrible joke, I know.) I'm leaving work in fifteen minutes, and I'm calling my mom on the way home. Tonight I'll be out having a few beers with my friend Reid and talking about Skyfall, which I saw this weekend with my boyfriend. My boyfriend who I normally sleep naked with but couldn't this weekend because he hasn't had his pilot light lit yet so we were freezing and I had to wear SOCKS.

Please feel free to share, superstars! star_smile.gifcool.gifstar_smile.gifcool.gif

I wanna be popular :angry:

My randomness is that I am currently procrastinating. Again. I STILL procrastinate after all these years! I need therapy!

Anyway! Where you at woman!? :bonk:

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

I wanna be popular :angry:

My randomness is that I am currently procrastinating. Again. I STILL procrastinate after all these years! I need therapy!

Anyway! Where you at woman!? :bonk:

HA! I am at work, here in LA. I'm now back working in the legal field, waiting to get my ####### back to law school so I can FINALLY sit for the California bar. I have been putting off the one year of law school I need to be eligible for 2 years now, go me! Now THAT'S procrastination!laughing.gif In the meantime, I'm doing litigation support, which is mostly boring. :)

Also, the Man and I split up a while back, and he's applying for citizenship later this year. We're still good friends though. I have a new and super-awesome boyfriend of 2 years who is American. I decided to go domestic this time around since I am SICK of USCIS!

Edited by the maven