elmcitymaven

Boring Stuff About My Life

1,340 posts in this topic

in some parts of the world, the female forces the male to build the thing.

No worries.

Other Cool Cat Stuff -> http://nightclan-roleplaying.wikia.com/wiki/NightClan_Roleplaying_Wiki

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

Cat RP!

I can't ask Himself to help out on building things right now as all his spare time is taken up with his schoolwork at the moment. Very proud of him though, as he's getting straight A's whilst working full-time as a developer.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yup yup. that's actually something i'd have fun with, you betcha !

domo.jpg

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Coffee and I already broke up. It was a very tough decision to make. After years of grinding coffee seeds almost every morning for the Bialetti so that my husband and I can have freshly brewed coffee for breakfast, I finally set myself to let go. This time it's real, no longer on-and-off. I went through the withdrawal phase of lethargy and headaches but I've become stronger. I'm over coffee.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Got my citizenship interview scheduled in June, my month of birth. That's not boring but studying for the test is! I shouldn't be on VJ right now. I should be using every available time to go past item number 3 in my civics handbook given by the ASC. I have 97 items more to familiarize, if not memorize.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Got my citizenship interview scheduled in June, my month of birth. That's not boring but studying for the test is! I shouldn't be on VJ right now. I should be using every available time to go past item number 3 in my civics handbook given by the ASC. I have 97 items more to familiarize, if not memorize.

If you go to the USCIS site there are on-line study tools and there are iPhone apps.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.749cabd81f5ffc8fba713d10526e0aa0/?vgnextoid=982a309186e89210VgnVCM10000025e6a00aRCRD&vgnextchannel=c242df6bdd42a210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

I tried the self-test and was pretty surprised at what I already knew from TV.

If you go to the USCIS site there are on-line study tools and there are iPhone apps.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.749cabd81f5ffc8fba713d10526e0aa0/?vgnextoid=982a309186e89210VgnVCM10000025e6a00aRCRD&vgnextchannel=c242df6bdd42a210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

I tried the self-test and was pretty surprised at what I already knew from TV.

Thanks for bringing that up biggrin.png but I've done the self-tests last year and downloaded the iPhone app two months ago. I prefer to study the booklet given during my biometrics because it has the best flow IMO. The mobile app tends to repeat the questions and info even if I reset it to not do that. protest6wz.gif

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can you explain Pinterest for me? I’ve heard a lot about it but haven’t really looked into how it works and such.

I get the impression that it’s kind of like a display board where you tack up clippings of things you like but on-line?

Hikergirl,

Sorry for the late response as we just finished all of the landscaping in the front and I have not been on VJ at all since I posted those pics. Pinterest is awesomeeee!! You can go on the website for ideas for anything from cooking to outfits and fashions, sewing and decorating. Just punch in the search for whatever it is that you are interested in and voila, a huge number of different things will come up. I have found some amazing and inexpensive decorating ideas that I borrowed off Pinterest. I love that site.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Checked the status of my federal tax refund today...and found out the IRS amended the return and they think we owe nearly $22,000. I about spit out my coffee.

It might have been a good year to hire someone to do it for us. Now I have to figure out how to fight with the IRS.

I discovered that Yankee Candle has a whole line of Man Candles.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/yankee-candles/jar-candles/man-candles

For some reason, I find this....disturbing.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Checked the status of my federal tax refund today...and found out the IRS amended the return and they think we owe nearly $22,000. I about spit out my coffee.

It might have been a good year to hire someone to do it for us. Now I have to figure out how to fight with the IRS.

For some reason, I find this....disturbing.

I think your first comment belongs in the rant thread. I know I'd be ranting to find out I owe the IRS 22,000. I thought last year was bad when I owed them 5 grand.

As to the man candles, my thought was only a woman could come up with the idea that men want scented candles, or its being marketed to gay men. A burning candle stinks enough without adding more stink.

I just looked at the reviews of one of them, yep marketed to gay men rofl.gif

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I discovered that Yankee Candle has a whole line of Man Candles.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/yankee-candles/jar-candles/man-candles

I want to know what the Riding Mower candle smells like. May have to purchase it to find out.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

I think your first comment belongs in the rant thread. I know I'd be ranting to find out I owe the IRS 22,000. I thought last year was bad when I owed them 5 grand.

True, I was torn. Boring because I know I'll have to devote a large portion of my time to getting this fixed, which will make me even more boring, as my life is devoted to schoolwork right now.. But that also gives me a reason to rant. Maybe I'll post it there too. :)

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

I want to know what the Riding Mower candle smells like. May have to purchase it to find out.

I always think that I should like scented candles more, but when it comes down to it, my heart just isn't there. I have a similar reaction to Bath & Body Works products.

This makes me think though of the nicest scent I have ever worn, Lily by Dior. It was a limited edition so I can't just make a trip to Nordstrom for some more. There are bottles available online but they're stupidly overpriced. There's a half full bottle for sale on ebay right now for $100, which is ridiculous. Diorissimo is close, but the Lily was a purer lily of the valley scent. Bummer.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que