FrozenGlitter

Lawyer or no lawyer?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

probably CSC - I'm in Kansas city MO and mine went to CSC.

Well, that's positive! I'm in the KC metro area so mine would likely be the same. : )

The usual alignment is--

CSC

Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

VSC

Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia

Your timeline is positive too, despite I know everyone's being different, just because my fiance will be going to the embassy in London as well...but I know once it reaches that stage it tends to be pretty quick for most from what I've seen.

9/12/13 I-129F Sent

9/19/13 NOA1
10/9/13 NOA2

11/12/13 NVC Received/Case # Received

12/3/13 Medical

2/07/2014 Interview

04/12/14 Wedding! (I hope!)

With any luck, soon he'll be here with me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

For a K-1 visa, there is no 'time gained' when using an attorney.

For an IR-1 or CR-1 visa, there is about 2 to 3 weeks of time gained, at NVC.

and that's it.

This Indian Lady, you should ask her to fill out some timeline sheets, then YOU study them, then let us know about it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If anything using a lawyer will just make the process longer as you have to send all of the papers, forms and evidence to him/her, and in turn they forward the information for you to the proper places. If your case is straightforward do it yourself. Seems your friend is exaggerating.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The usual alignment is--

CSC

Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

VSC

Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia

IS this always true?? I am worried I live in Texas so the package will be sent to Vermont? Are they going any faster in their process? I really hope it gets send to California. Where did you find this information?

eJLMm6.png

K1 Visa JourneyI129F

Sent: Nov 1st,2012

NOA1: Nov 7th,2012

NOA2:May 28th, 2013

NVC CASE RECEIVE: June10, 2013

NVC CASE LEFT: June 12,2013

EMBASSY RECEIVED: June 14, 2013

Packet3:never received he asked in ciudad juarez for it.

Medical: Aug.6,2013

Interview: Aug.7, 2013 approved

visa received: August 14, 2013

poe: August 21, 2013

AOS:

Sent:February 3,2014

Received: February 7,2014

Biometrics: March 14, 2014

EAD: April 23rd (Online Status changed)

EAD Card Received: May 1st

I485: still in initial Review since Feb 11

Your timeline is positive too, despite I know everyone's being different, just because my fiance will be going to the embassy in London as well...but I know once it reaches that stage it tends to be pretty quick for most from what I've seen.

They wouldn't agree on quickness over in the UK forum. It's currently taking minimum 2 and more often 3 months after petition approval to get to the interview in London. My petition happened in 2008 and only took 50 days. I was planning on 30 or less because that's what VSC was doing just the month before. By the month following, it was 80-90 days. Then over 100 days the next month. It changes that quickly so you can't really predict what it's going to be when you file. I do think having a lawyer seems to slow the process down. It adds another layer of waiting on somebody to do a job, when you could skip that delay and only wait on the USCIS or Embassy by communicating directly with them. Nobody cares about your case more than you do.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

IS this always true?? I am worried I live in Texas so the package will be sent to Vermont? Are they going any faster in their process? I really hope it gets send to California. Where did you find this information?

See the "where to file" on the I-751 here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f858d59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD While it's not the form we're talking about, it explains what states are sent/processed where.

Before the Texas Lockbox for all I-129F petitions, we mailed directly to VSC or CSC. The state breakdown was in the I-129F instructions. Now there is a Lockbox for I-129F and for your adjustment of status applications. But the removing conditions are stilled mailed directly to the service center. The division of states is he same as when we mailed I-129Fs to the service centers. The Lockbox, I believe, could send either place if workload needed. But in practice they still go by the old state line-up they've had for many, many years which can be found in the removing conditions instuctions Vanessa provided above.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.