volkan19831122

Combining income to meet Sponsor req income

17 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello VJ.

My wife is my sponsor but her income don't meet sponsor income requirement.

she lives with her dad. her dad wants to combine his income with my wife income as household member.

But he doesn't want to deal with sponsor. mean he doesn't want to sign form i-864 but he would like to sign only form i-864a.

is there any way ?

some body explain step by step pls . what shall i do !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does your wife list her dad as a dependant on her tax returns? If so yes, he can fill the I-864A. Just living together in the same house is not enough, there needs to be a financial connection.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Normally a married woman would not be a dependant on their fathers return

If the father makes enough on his own he can be a co sponsor.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Normally a married woman would not be a dependant on their fathers return

If the father makes enough on his own he can be a co sponsor.

Yes but the father could be a dependent of the petitioner. If neither is a dependent of the other, no combining of income. The father would need to qualify on his own, not combine income and would use the I-864. Either way, the father is second in line, so the obligation is the same.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Does your wife list her dad as a dependant on her tax returns? If so yes, he can fill the I-864A. Just living together in the same house is not enough, there needs to be a financial connection.

No she don't.

and her dad doesnt want to be sponsor or co sponsor or joint sponsor . but he says he would sign form i864a as household member . and combine his income .

in this end how can i do !

is there any way for pass sponsor step pls ?

Timeline

No she don't.

and her dad doesnt want to be sponsor or co sponsor or joint sponsor . but he says he would sign form i864a as household member . and combine his income .

Read my answer again. The option the father prefers is not available.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Read my answer again. The option the father prefers is not available.

thank you and i read your post.

but i cant force him to be my sponsor .

i'm asking if there is tricky point :help: to pass sponsor step ?

like combining her dads income or something like that !

Edited by volkan19831122

Timeline

thank you and i read your post.

but i cant force him to be my sponsor .

i'm asking if there is trick :lol: way to pass sponsor step ?

like combining her dads income or something like that !

No, there's no trick. If the petitioner does not qualify as the sponsor, they must find a willing, qualified sponsor or there will be no visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

No, there's no trick. If the petitioner does not qualify as the sponsor, they must find a willing, qualified sponsor or there will be no visa.

thank you for your answers

my bad chance she doesnt make enough & we don't have any co sponsor !

i'm wondering what shall i do.

still need some advice .

Timeline

thank you for your answers

my bad chance she doesnt make enough & we don't have any co sponsor !

i'm wondering what shall i do.

still need some advice .

Your wife needs to find a willing and qualified joint sponsor. There is nothing for YOU to do unless you can help her do that.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Explain to the father what exactly he would, and would NOT be responsible for.

Ask for a co-sponsor amongst friends, neighbours, co-workers, at the mosque etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No she don't.

No he cannot combine income with your wife, there is no way. He must be a joint sponsor on his own merit, if your want to use his income, and he must sign the form. no way around it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

When I filed for my wife, I was a student, and as a result I did not meet the income requirement. However, I lived with my parents at the time, and so my father filed an I-864A as a household member who was related to me--and in fact I had to provide proof of this relationship via my birth certificate. I was *not* a dependent on my father's income tax return, and that had no bearing on my application. We were approved without any issues.

If you look here at the form I-864A's instructions, it says very clearly:

For purposes of this form, a "household member" is:

A relative who has the same principal residence as the sponsor and is related to the sponsor as a spouse, adult child, parent, or sibling;

A relative or other person whom the sponsor has lawfully claimed as a dependent on the sponsor's most recent Federal income tax return even if that person does not live at the same residence as the sponsor;

The intending immigrant, in certain circumstances. (See "How Can the Intending Immigrant Be Considered a Household Member"?)

From my personal experience and my understanding of the form's instructions, as long as the co-sponsor lives with the sponsor (your wife) and is a blood relative, you will have no problem using form I-864A. If I am mistaken I would greatly appreciate someone's explanation of why, because this is exactly what I did to bring my wife over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

That being said, Volkan, your father-in-law needs to understand that this form obligates him in exactly the same way that Form I-864 does. He is signing a legally binding contract saying that for as long as you are an LPR, he will financially support you. There is no material difference between a co-sponsor and a joint sponsor when it comes to legal liability; the I-864A is just a simpler form to fill out. If he believes that the I-864A somehow exonerates him from this responsibility he is mistaken and should have this perception corrected immediately.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.