Money2g

Transfer to California Service Center

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, I had sent in my wifes I-485 back in Nov 2011 and she had her fingerprints done a couple months after but in March 2012 we got a letter saying that her application had been sent over to the California Service Center for faster Processing. So we waited but didnt get any notice of any updates, so I decided to call USCIS in August for an update and the automatic message told me I should at least wait until 180 days had passed since the last notice.

So after calling and leaving a message to USCIS in September, I finally got a call back from USCIS about 2 weeks ago in which the person told me that they looked into my wifes case to see why it had taken so long and that the reason it had been sent to the CSC was because it wont require an interview to be done. They also told me that they will leave a message to the CSC so that they call me themselves to tell me why its taking so long for an update because USCIS didnt know why it was taking so long.

So my question is if anyone has ever had a similar situation and is if its true that her case wont require an interview since they have sent it to the CSC.

Thanks

Sent I-129f on 02/02/2010 Wish Me Luck!

Received I-797C Notice of Action or NOA1 dated 02/10/10 on 02/15/10

NOA2 Approved May 20, 2010

Married December 23, 2010!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi. Well in our case, I filed in May and in July we got a letter informing that our case was tranferred to California for "speed up" process! Which stinks because it well known CSC is very delayed. Usually CSC doesnt require interviews but sometimes they do. :blink: I know this friend that she was tranfered to california in Feb 2012 and her GC was recently approved in October so I guess if all is OK your case should be approved by November or December (if no interview is required).

I talked to this USCIS lady 2 weeks ago (for some doubts I had about my AP) and she confirmed that CSC is kinda delayed right now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yes, it's true. Cases that were transferred to CSC don't have an interview. There's still a chance though that CSC transfers your case to your local office for an interview, but this is very rare.

Your wait is VERY long, I would inquire more, calling then again, and contact a congressman or senator if things doesn't move soon. It's been almost a year since your wife filed, this is waaaaay past their timeline!

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

Well it went to the CSC in march so its been about 8 months, should I wait for the call from the CSC that USCIS told me about or should i contact USCIS or a congressman? How Much longer do you think i will be waiting?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, it's true. Cases that were transferred to CSC don't have an interview. There's still a chance though that CSC transfers your case to your local office for an interview, but this is very rare.

Your wait is VERY long, I would inquire more, calling then again, and contact a congressman or senator if things doesn't move soon. It's been almost a year since your wife filed, this is waaaaay past their timeline!

:thumbs: Agree, you need to get something moving soon….

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey everyone, I got an update and thought it would be better to post it here rather than a new thread. The CSC never called me, so I called USCIS about almost 2 weeks ago, they told me that I should receive a letter by Dec 21 with an update on the case. I got a letter today from USCIS stating that my wifes application has now been transferred to USCIS-NBC in Lees Summit, MO. I am not sure if this is a bad thing or a good thing, because for more than 6 months it was just sitting in California and now its been transferred again.

So my question is if anyone can tell me if this is a bad thing or good thing and what this means as far as the process goes.

Thanks

Edited by Money2g

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey everyone, I got an update and thought it would be better to post it here rather than a new thread. The CSC never called me, so I called USCIS about almost 2 weeks ago, they told me that I should receive a letter by Dec 21 with an update on the case. I got a letter today from USCIS stating that my wifes application has now been transferred to USCIS-NBC in Lees Summit, MO. I am not sure if this is a bad thing or a good thing, because for more than 6 months it was just sitting in California and now its been transferred again.

So my question is if anyone can tell me if this is a bad thing or good thing and what this means as far as the process goes.

Thanks

USCIS /CSC won't call you. They sent letters and that's about it.

Have you put in a service request?

Most likely your case was sent back from CSC to NBC and goes on to a local office where you'll have an interview. I'd wait for an interview letter at this time. You've been married for 2 years according to your timeline so make sure that it's a 10 year greencard and not the 2 year greencard. Might also be the reason for the interview - that's it's been a while, CSC realised that and forwarded the case to a local office for an interview.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread shifted from main AOS/Family-Based forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

USCIS /CSC won't call you. They sent letters and that's about it.

Have you put in a service request?

Most likely your case was sent back from CSC to NBC and goes on to a local office where you'll have an interview. I'd wait for an interview letter at this time. You've been married for 2 years according to your timeline so make sure that it's a 10 year greencard and not the 2 year greencard. Might also be the reason for the interview - that's it's been a while, CSC realised that and forwarded the case to a local office for an interview.

Yeah when I called USCIS 2 weeks ago, the rep made a service request and then I got this letter. I was wondering if anyone else has been through the same situation, but I also thought that since it got transferred to CSC it wouldn't require an interview as didopage above mentioned.

Edited by Money2g

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yeah when I called USCIS 2 weeks ago, the rep made a service request and then I got this letter. I was wondering if anyone else has been through the same situation, but I also thought that since it got transferred to CSC it wouldn't require an interview as didopage above mentioned.

Precisely. There are a few cases where AOS is sent from CSC to a local office for an interview. But yes, usually it means that there is no interview after it gets dumped off at CSC.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Your times weren't much different to mine; sent off AOS in March, had biometrics, transferred to CSC, then nothing. And nothing. And still nothing. I too called after a good many months (it was November in the end), got a service request but unlike you I was approved the next day rather than transferred. However my marriage was/is under two years and thus I have the conditional card, so perhaps that's why.

There's that smell again...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.