15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

im came to the usa with a k-1 visa, we got married within 3 months.

I mailed out the AOS form,ead,and authorization form on september and form i 130 and i do again examination of my blood teast and i complet the vaccination and the doctor give me envolpoe i send it too .We received a letter for biometrics on 8 november and i 797 for form i 130 and i 797 for EAD and other i 797 for aos

I just checked online for case status about i485, to my surprise RFE" On october 16, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I don't know what the RFE is for

i send everythings i think

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Wait for the hardcopy in the mail, you can't do anything right now but guess. Nobody here has seen the paperwork you sent, and so can't tell you what the RFE is for. Look at the AOS VJ checklist and check if you see something that you missed to include: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Did you send the I-864 completed by your US spouse, plus the supporting documents?

By the way, there was no need for a I-130 because you're adjusting from a K-1.

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

thank you to anser me i was applay AOS by loyer he say he did everythings and is him he was asking me to go make again blood teast and vaccination and i do everythings and i see he send Copy of NOA2 "Approval" for I-129F and Form I-485 and i94 and form i130 and i864 and i765 and my copy of pasport and my wife copy pasport and my copy of my visa fiance and my wife last 3 years tax returne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Take a look at my link, there should be more than that.

Your lawyer doesn't seem very competent if he made you file and pay for the I-130!

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from main AOS/Family-Based forum to AOS/Family-Based Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

good morning my friend , i have question when i came to usa whit k1 visa fiance and i did maried and i applay for my AOS and EAD and later they send the appointement for my biometric and for my i458 and EAD than latter i see they send me request for evidence they say my i need some sponsore to be responsible for me he need to fille some paper whit her tax returne omg i dont understand why they need that and i was came whit my tax returne wife and they need moor why like that

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

hi everybary

i have question please can i find somebary her can help me to be my cosponsor to fille the form I 864 and thanks a lot off

It is unlikely that a random stranger would sign up to be a co-sponsor to someone they have never met in their life. You need to have a relative or close friend to support you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** closed- solicitation of co-sponsors on VJ is not allowed ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

good morning my friend , i have question when i came to usa whit k1 visa fiance and i did maried and i applay for my AOS and EAD and later they send the appointement for my biometric and for my i458 and EAD than latter i see they send me request for evidence they say my i need some sponsore to be responsible for me he need to fille some paper whit her tax returne omg i dont understand why they need that and i was came whit my tax returne wife and they need moor why like that

Why doesn't your USC wife come to the forum and post the RFE?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The EXACT wording of the RFE would be most helpful.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

hi my friend

i came to usa whit k1 visa fiance and i did married Durant 90 days and i applay for my aos and ead

this is the rfe i received from uscis about My AOS

please can some bary explaine to me what is mean and what they need

the petitioner/sponsors income on the federal income tax return does not meet or exceed 125/ 100/ if military

poverty guideline . the petitioner/sponsors list their current income

on form i 864 as an amount to be considered as sufficient however, no evidence has been submitted as proof of current income

please submit evidence of the petitioner/sponsors current income such evidence should include

letter of employment containing the following

date of employment

nature of job

wages or salary earned

number of hours per week worked

prospects for future employment and advancement

pay stubs or other documentation of pay for the previous 6 months

evidence of other income such a tax exempt interest qualified dividends IRA distribution pension annuities and

social security benefit (only SSA 1099 and or SSDI 1099

Did you originally submit an I 864? If so what did you include? They are pretty clear about what they want in the letter.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Moving to AOS from K1 visa. OP, I'll alert a moderator to merge all 4 of your topics. You keep opening them but don't come back to respond to people's questions.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Four topics on the same issue merged. PLease do not post on an issue more than once- you will get better answers if all similar questions are in the same topic so VJers get the full picture. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.