The Nature Boy

Welfare spending up 30% under Obama

37 posts in this topic

welfare spending up 30% under Obama. it has topped 1 Trillion per year. We now spend more on welfare than Medicare, social Security or No-War Military. The Government Teat has to dry up. people have to become responsible for their own outcomes.

My link

otal federal and state "welfare" spending topped $1 trillion last year, marking a nearly 30 percent increase since the start of the Obama administration -- according to a new congressional report which documented spending across more than 80 benefit programs for low-income families. Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, released the figures Thursday, compiled based on a committee analysis and a new Congressional Research Service study. The stats show that the combination of federal and state "welfare" spending is more than the country spends on Medicare, Social Security or non-war defense.

Sessions, who has been on a campaign of late against what he sees as aggressive and unchecked spending on food stamps and other programs, called the figures "astounding."

"No longer should we measure compassion by how much money the government spends but by how many people we help to rise out of poverty," he said in a statement. "Welfare assistance should be seen as temporary whenever possible, and the goal must be to help more of our fellow citizens attain gainful employment and financial independence."

The study factored in Medicaid, the federal health care aid program for low-income families. But it also covered 82 other federal programs that Sessions classified as "welfare" -- from food stamps to public housing to various tax breaks for low-income families.

The CRS study found the federal portion of all that spending rose from $563 billion in fiscal 2008 to $746 billion in fiscal 2011 -- representing a 32 percent increase. Republicans on the budget committee calculated that, with total state spending factored in, the total amount rose from nearly $800 billion in 2008 to over $1 trillion last year - a 29 percent increase.

According to Sessions' office, the federal share is now roughly one-fifth of the budget.

The number of people enrolling in these benefits program has risen in part due to the recession and its aftermath. Record numbers of people, for example, have gone on food stamps as unemployment continues to hover near the 8 percent mark.

Sessions office acknowledges that "persistently weak GDP growth" is "unquestionably a factor" in the rising budget for benefits programs.

However, Sessions office claims federal policy has "explicitly encouraged growth in welfare enrollment -- combined with a weakening of welfare standards and rules."

Republicans have, for example, accused the Obama administration of trying to loosen welfare requirements, though the administration claims it is just trying to give states the kind of flexibility they have sought.

Sessions has also claimed that food stamp administrators have proactively tried to enroll people even when they might not necessarily need the assistance.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/18/welfare-spending-topped-1-trillion-in-2011-study-shows/#ixzz29fPKCbfU

Obama is for poor people! He manufactures them faster than anyone.

Have you noticed many of our most outspoken Libs have gotten mighty quite lately.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Have you noticed many of our most outspoken Libs have gotten mighty quite lately.

Have you noticed how regressives, don't give a damn about the poor unless it suits their agenda.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The Kenyan is using his skills as a community organizer to his advantage.

I call 'foul' !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Obama is for poor people! He manufactures them faster than anyone.

Look, he helped to sustain them, and now helped to create more. He's got a great voting block set up with the poor; those who can get a voter ID card are his people.

So, lump that demographic in with the Hispanic voters (Thank you for the 2 year EAD, Senor Prez!) and then the group of AA folk that will be voting for him,

and he's a shoe-in . His numbers will be higher than any other President, in a general election vote count. (not percentages, but actual counted votes)

I'm sad. I wasn't one of the demographic groups that could stomach to believe in the change that he was espousing. I feel really bad about that, too, as I really wanted to believe in that change.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Have you noticed how regressives, don't give a damn about the poor unless it suits their agenda.

I care about the poor.

I would like to see a requirement for work and/or education attached to any form of means tested benefits. Education and work experience to give people the opportunity to have GOOD jobs will eliminate their need for welfare and eliminate poor people. Wanting to eliminate poor people by making them NOT poor and moving them to the middle class does not mean I do not give a damn about them. We should help the poor and at the same time help them to the means NOT to be poor.

Education is directly linked to the need for welfare. People with high school diplomas collect welfare at a rate les than 1/3 those without HS. College educated people rarely collect welfare at all. More so under Obama, of course, but still much less.

Requirirng that a person spend a minimum of 40 hours in work and/or school per week while collecting benfits will give education AND work experience. We should pay for any transportation needed and any daycare. There needs to be a path and a plan OUT of poverty. It will not be easy, ti will not be cheap, but it will be cheaper in the long run than what we have now...generation after genweration of dysfunctional people that have no HOPE of ever being able to EARN more than they receive in benefits. Most of these people do not have the skill sets to earn enough to pay for the medical benefits they get, most could not pay for private health insurance with the best paying job they could get, what do we expect them to do.

When the BEST you can offer your family is welfare and food stamps, what do you think they will do? Give them the food stamps and benefits and require they educate themselves and get work experience at the same time

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Romney Donated 4 Million to the poor last year...

I donated over 4K. II donated a 75K house to a family member in need. I also organized a volunteer crew and staffed a food kitchen on weekends last year,, well over 50% of my earnings went to either tax or charity last year.

What did you do for the poor last year hot rod. I really good tired of Liberals who don't contribute jack shat to society telling me I have no compassion for the poor.

I care about the poor.

I would like to see a requirement for work and/or education attached to any form of means tested benefits. Education and work experience to give people the opportunity to have GOOD jobs will eliminate their need for welfare and eliminate poor people. Wanting to eliminate poor people by making them NOT poor and moving them to the middle class does not mean I do not give a damn about them. We should help the poor and at the same time help them to the means NOT to be poor.

Education is directly linked to the need for welfare. People with high school diplomas collect welfare at a rate les than 1/3 those without HS. College educated people rarely collect welfare at all. More so under Obama, of course, but still much less.

Requirirng that a person spend a minimum of 40 hours in work and/or school per week while collecting benfits will give education AND work experience. We should pay for any transportation needed and any daycare. There needs to be a path and a plan OUT of poverty. It will not be easy, ti will not be cheap, but it will be cheaper in the long run than what we have now...generation after genweration of dysfunctional people that have no HOPE of ever being able to EARN more than they receive in benefits. Most of these people do not have the skill sets to earn enough to pay for the medical benefits they get, most could not pay for private health insurance with the best paying job they could get, what do we expect them to do.

When the BEST you can offer your family is welfare and food stamps, what do you think they will do? Give them the food stamps and benefits and require they educate themselves and get work experience at the same time

Amen.. I have some friends that made a big showing out of loving thier Kids by lavishing them with gifts and being their buddy instead of their parent. Almost without fail everyone of those kids is a deadbeat worthless piece of humanity today.

Almost without fail the Parents who disciplined their kids, taught them and nurtured them have decent well adjusted kids today.. Their is an analogy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We should probably first double check to see if this trend occurs after other recessions before jumping to the conclusion that Obama is responsible....

He is the president and has not suggested anything that will end the need for welfare. He is in a position to do that and does not. It is pretty easy to see the proportion of people on welfare vs. education and draw some conclusions that CAN be addressed.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Out of a salary of how much and to whom?

I donated over 4K. II donated a 75K house to a family member in need.

I wouldn't necessarily call giving a family member charity, and would like to know why they not families unrelated to you are less deserving. Why aren't they living with their own mistakes?

I also organized a volunteer crew and staffed a food kitchen on weekends last year,, well over 50% of my earnings went to either tax or charity last year.

I thought the poor where supposed to fend for themselves, and here you are feeding them. Now they'll expect to eat everyday.

What did you do for the poor last year hot rod. I really good tired of Liberals who don't contribute jack shat to society telling me I have no compassion for the poor.

I volunteer every week to help a refugee family settle into life in the US. During the summer months, back when I had the time, I volunteered with a charity in my city to help improve the energy efficiency of low income homes.

Last weekend my wife and I both donated some of our old clothes to goodwill. I am not rich, but I do what I can to help other people, less fortunate than myself.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Out of a salary of how much and to whom?

Why does it matter out of how much salary. IT's 4 Million dollars he gave away.

I wouldn't necessarily call giving a family member charity, and would like to know why they not families unrelated to you are less deserving. Why aren't they living with their own mistakes?

If I could decipher that I would answer.

I thought the poor where supposed to fend for themselves, and here you are feeding them. Now they'll expect to eat everyday.

There is a difference between those sitting in the AC spitting out babies and alcoholics and schizophrenics living in their own piss in the street.

I volunteer every week to help a refugee family settle into life in the US. During the summer months, back when I had the time, I volunteered with a charity in my city to help improve the energy efficiency of low income homes.

Last weekend my wife and I both donated some of our old clothes to goodwill. I am not rich, but I do what I can to help other people, less fortunate than myself.

You use to help someone back in the summer but don't now and you carried some unwanted clothes to Goodwill. I am sure the down trodden and burdened appreciate your great sacrifice. The thing about you Lib's is you are real good and exceeding how to spend other peoples money, but when you are called to serve... Well you score a Big Goose Egg on giving to others don't you. You don't really care about others your just pissed cause others are financially successful and your not. It's the class envy syndrome of Big Govt Liberals. Mitt Romney has done more for the poor in a year than you will do in a lifetime, but yet you mock him ? Joe B gave 1.5% to charity last year , but he cares ???

I donated over 4K. II donated a 75K house to a family member in need. I also organized a volunteer crew and staffed a food kitchen on weekends last year,, well over 50% of my earnings went to either tax or charity last year.

Tell it brother!!

A Liberal is a person who would give the shirt off YOUR back.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

welfare spending up 30% under Obama. it has topped 1 Trillion per year. We now spend more on welfare than Medicare, social Security or No-War Military. The Government Teat has to dry up. people have to become responsible for their own outcomes.

You know, this isa serious proof of what we have said all along.

EXPERIENCE MATTERS!

What was the one area in life Obama had actual experience? (Other than a free loading student)

Yup getting government funds into the communities hands.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn