The Nature Boy

Welfare spending up 30% under Obama

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You use to help someone back in the summer but don't now and you carried some unwanted clothes to Goodwill. I am sure the down trodden and burdened appreciate your great sacrifice. The thing about you Lib's is you are real good and exceeding how to spend other peoples money, but when you are called to serve... Well you score a Big Goose Egg on giving to others don't you. You don't really care about others your just pissed cause others are financially successful and your not. It's the class envy syndrome of Big Govt Liberals. Mitt Romney has done more for the poor in a year than you will do in a lifetime, but yet you mock him ? Joe B gave 1.5% to charity last year , but he cares ???

I said I volunteer every week with a refugee family and used to volunteer during the summer months helping to insulate low income homes. I would do more, but I just don't have the time.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

Tell it brother!!

A Liberal is a person who would give the shirt off YOUR back.

A conservative is somebody who tells you that they give a lot to charity, but most of what they give is done in a look at me, aren't I great sort of way.

June 14, 2013 RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A conservative is somebody who tells you that they give a lot to charity, but most of what they give is done in a look at me, aren't I great sort of way.

I don't give anything to charity in money. Alla works as an interpreter for people that need it. She gets paid for it. I used/use my money to raise four fine sons who will not need welfare or need you to insulate their homes because they can afford to buy the insulation and I taught them how to do it themselves. They won't need food stamps, WIC to feed their children or free school lunch programs. I spent my money educating them (three masters degrees and one working on a doctorate, one to go) and did not need any loans. My investment portfolio has 5 folders and they have the names of my wife and 4 sons on them. I give every nickle I have to THEM, NONE to anyone else. But I will give YOU 4 men and their families who will never be poor, never need a handout and will produce taxes to fuel the country. THAT is what I donate. Isn't it horrible?

It is what the government should do...build a path OUT of poverty. I HATE poor people, I would like to eliminate all of them by making them middle class (or better)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Anyone see the new Obama voter ID cards?

ebt+card+online.gif

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

You use to help someone back in the summer but don't now and you carried some unwanted clothes to Goodwill. I am sure the down trodden and burdened appreciate your great sacrifice. The thing about you Lib's is you are real good and exceeding how to spend other peoples money, but when you are called to serve... Well you score a Big Goose Egg on giving to others don't you. You don't really care about others your just pissed cause others are financially successful and your not. It's the class envy syndrome of Big Govt Liberals. Mitt Romney has done more for the poor in a year than you will do in a lifetime, but yet you mock him ? Joe B gave 1.5% to charity last year , but he cares ???

I'm sorry, but if people like Mitt Romney are so generous and help the poor so much, how come the US has a such low level of social mobility compared with every other OECD country? Shouldn't the opposite be true, unless of course what are they're really doing is helping to make poor people dependent on handouts and little else. Either stop allowing the fed to print money that mainly benefits the wealthy or at least allow the minimum wage to keep track with inflation.

June 14, 2013 RFE

I'm sorry, but if people like Mitt Romney are so generous and help the poor so much, how come the US has a such low level of social mobility compared with every other OECD country? Shouldn't the opposite be true, unless of course what are they're really doing is helping to make poor people dependent on handouts and little else. Either stop allowing the fed to print money that mainly benefits the wealthy or at least allow the minimum wage to keep track with inflation.

So now Conservative want to keep poor people pendant on handouts. Surely you jest.

so your in favor of cutting the 1 trillion out of the budget this year for welfare ?

Timeline

Why have you not mentioned educationg poor people? This is the most universal denominator in worldwide poverty.

ANYONE receiving benefits should be required (unless physically unable) to devote 40 hours per week to either WORK and/or education and or job skills training, in whatever combination works for them. Benefits should not be reduced as long as they do this, we should provide daycare when needed.

The system should require that beneficiaries be on a path to independence. Why have liberals (who love poor people) not suggested this?

1. NO benefiots if not in school and or working

2. NO dirvers license unless in school or over age 18

3. Mandatory high school education. You STAY until you have graduated. Allowing students to stop education at age 16 is retarded!

The way to make people not dependent is very clear. Neither party is doing anything about it. Democrats (liberals) generally want to just hand out everything, keep people dependent and keep them as reliable voters to get more "stuff". Republicans (conservatives) want to solve the problem by punishing people for being poor and think they will just "snap out of it" and stop being "lazy".

It has little to do with being "lazy" It has everything to do with the fact that they can receive $3000-4000 per month in benefits for a family of 4 and they have NO HOPE of doing as well for their family by working. Working reduces benefits, so why? They get a $400 per month raise and lose $1000 in medical, food and housing and fuel benefits. THAT's ridiculous. We need to say...

"Look, we will give you the benfits, OK...but you have to do this and when you have the skills, education and work experience to do better than what we give you, you will be able to go on your own" Until then it is simply a matter of people control. The more people getting benefits, the more people you control. There are always going to be SOME people that are lazy. Most are not. God help us when more than 50% are reciving benefits and less than 50% are paying taxes.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So now Conservative want to keep poor people pendant on handouts. Surely you jest.

so your in favor of cutting the 1 trillion out of the budget this year for welfare ?

No I am in favor creating a system where people with limited means get help from the government, if and when they need it, but I am not in favor of allowing corporations, aided and abetted by clueless idiots on the right, to take advantage of government programs to avoid paying a living wage to their workers.

June 14, 2013 RFE

Timeline

No I am in favor creating a system where people with limited means get help from the government, if and when they need it, but I am not in favor of allowing corporations, aided and abetted by clueless idiots on the right, to take advantage of government programs to avoid paying a living wage to their workers.

So then you are in favor of putting employers out of business with punitive taxes if they avoid complying with existing wage/hour and other employment laws by hiring illegal aliens. Right?

Hire an illegal to avoid wages, taxes, workers comp, benefits...lose your business. Right?

Hire an illegal to mow your grass...lose your house. Right?

Requiring a living wage simply makes more people unemployed UNLESS you give those people the skills, experience and education to be WORTH tht wage.

Why are you against education and work experience?

Gary And Alla

Why have you not mentioned educationg poor people? This is the most universal denominator in worldwide poverty.

ANYONE receiving benefits should be required (unless physically unable) to devote 40 hours per week to either WORK and/or education and or job skills training, in whatever combination works for them. Benefits should not be reduced as long as they do this, we should provide daycare when needed.

The system should require that beneficiaries be on a path to independence. Why have liberals (who love poor people) not suggested this?

3. Mandatory high school education. You STAY until you have graduated. Allowing students to stop education at age 16 is retarded!

The way to make people not dependent is very clear. Neither party is doing anything about it. Democrats (liberals) generally want to just hand out everything, keep people dependent and keep them as reliable voters to get more "stuff". Republicans (conservatives) want to solve the problem by punishing people for being poor and think they will just "snap out of it" and stop being "lazy".

I would vote for that system.. I would add if you live in public housing you have to be drug tested and perform at least 4 hours per week maintenance.. painting yard mowing et.

It has little to do with being "lazy" It has everything to do with the fact that they can receive $3000-4000 per month in benefits for a family of 4 and they have NO HOPE of doing as well for their family by working. Working reduces benefits, so why? They get a $400 per month raise and lose $1000 in medical, food and housing and fuel benefits. THAT's ridiculous. We need to say...

"Look, we will give you the benfits, OK...but you have to do this and when you have the skills, education and work experience to do better than what we give you, you will be able to go on your own" Until then it is simply a matter of people control. The more people getting benefits, the more people you control. There are always going to be SOME people that are lazy. Most are not. God help us when more than 50% are reciving benefits and less than 50% are paying taxes.

would vote for that system.. I would add if you live in public housing you have to be drug tested and perform at least 4 hours per week maintenance.. painting yard mowing et.

Timeline

I agree, people should be encouraged to better themselves, but I don't think forcing people into education wily-nilly is the solution either. I believe the student loan system be done away with and replaced with a system of education grants for low income students attending public universities. Private universities meeting certain educational standards should be allowed to receive limited public funding in exchange making room for academically gifted low income students.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure requiring kids to stay in public education until at least the age of sixteen was a liberal idea.

I am not sure this entirely accurate, but I can't say I totally disagree with it either.

It has little to do with being "lazy" It has everything to do with the fact that they can receive $3000-4000 per month in benefits for a family of 4 and they have NO HOPE of doing as well for their family by working.

Who gets that much money? My friend had a brain tumor removed a while back and as a result is blind in one eye, is completely deaf in one ear, suffers from narcoleptic fits and whose face is still partially paralyzed five years after surgery had to wait over two years to be approved for disability and if it wasn't for the fact her husband, with the help of her family were able to support her, she would never have made it. She is now on permenant disability and gets about enough to cover her and families monthly rent.

Working reduces benefits, so why? They get a $400 per month raise and lose $1000 in medical, food and housing and fuel benefits. THAT's ridiculous. We need to say...

Where is it that people get this much money from the government? My friend who also recently returned from overseas made the mistake of telling her doctor about her an epileptic seizure she a couple of weeks back. She was told that she can't drive for six months. She is self employed and relies her car to get to where she can earn her living. So is she able to get unemployment assistance, until she finds a new job? Nope. Is there any help available to help her to get to work? Nope. Can she file for disability? Nope. Where is her $1,000 dollars a month in government checks?

June 14, 2013 RFE

The only person that can allow a company to pay you less than your worth is you

Timeline

So then you are in favor of putting employers out of business with punitive taxes if they avoid complying with existing wage/hour and other employment laws by hiring illegal aliens. Right?

Good idea!

Hire an illegal to avoid wages, taxes, workers comp, benefits...lose your business. Right?

Hire an illegal to mow your grass...lose your house. Right?

I agree!

Requiring a living wage simply makes more people unemployed UNLESS you give those people the skills, experience and education to be WORTH tht wage.

Companies are always trying to dumb down jobs, in order to pay workers even less. Why would should they be facilitated in their efforts?

Why are you against education and work experience?

Not at all. I am always in favor of education.

June 14, 2013 RFE

Timeline

I agree, people should be encouraged to better themselves, but I don't think forcing people into education wily-nilly is the solution either. I believe the student loan system be done away with and replaced with a system of education grants for low income students attending public universities. Private universities meeting certain educational standards should be allowed to receive limited public funding in exchange making room for academically gifted low income students.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure requiring kids to stay in public education until at least the age of sixteen was a liberal idea.

I am not sure this entirely accurate, but I can't say I totally disagree with it either.

Who gets that much money? My friend had a brain tumor removed a while back and as a result is blind in one eye, is completely deaf in one ear, suffers from narcoleptic fits and whose face is still partially paralyzed five years after surgery had to wait over two years to be approved for disability and if it wasn't for the fact her husband, with the help of her family were able to support her, she would never have made it. She is now on permenant disability and gets about enough to cover her and families monthly rent.

Where is it that people get this much money from the government? My friend who also recently returned from overseas made the mistake of telling her doctor about her an epileptic seizure she a couple of weeks back. She was told that she can't drive for six months. She is self employed and relies her car to get to where she can earn her living. So is she able to get unemployment assistance, until she finds a new job? Nope. Is there any help available to help her to get to work? Nope. Can she file for disability? Nope. Where is her $1,000 dollars a month in government checks?

In Vermont they do. In most other states, though the amounts vary by the amount the state contributes. One of the things Alla does is interpretation for refugees and others for applying for benefits. What do you think medicaid is worth for a family of four? I can tell you what I pay for medical insurance for a family of three, it is more than $700 per month. (Sergey has his own medical insurance now) PLUS I have to pay deductibles and for most of my prescriptions, medicaid does not. $800-1000 in housing allowance, $750 for food stamps, not including WIC, free school lunches, free bus passes, free medicaid cab rides, heating assistance of $600 or more for the season, free cell phones and basic service, "Reach Up" funds...cash..internet service for $9.99 per month. The list goes on and on. These people are not on disability, they are on WELFARE. (these benefiots are for families of four, for example) Alla is continuously shocked at the benefits and has threatened to go on welfare as soon as she was a citizen! :lol: Because these immigrants came under the refugee program they ARE eligible for welfare, our family immigrants are not eligible for this but any citizen is.

The only person that can allow a company to pay you less than your worth is you

True that!

Gary And Alla