Hopelessgal

How to fight an annulment

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I only to fight because he accused me of being a fraudulent person. I want to know if there is a way he could be proven wrong and i get off without this label

I can empathize. If I were moving to a new country, I wouldn't want to be labelled as a fradulent person if I was really not. I would also want my name cleared, not only for my own dignity, but so that I could also have the option of visiting the country at a later time if I chose to (and not be barred because someone wrongly accused me). On the other hand, I'm torn... because I don't know how long it will take to fight this issue, and if it is worth the stress and anxiety, when you could instead be spending the time back in your home country with your family and trying to find some else who could love you a whole lot more. I wonder if you'd be better served trying to meet new guys rather than being stuck in the past, living here and fighting things out with him, if you know he isn't the one for you.

Edited by rkk1

Hope, you can nogeatiate the language in the annullment, so just ask to have some of the language remove, you sign along with the ticket for 1st class flight and move on with your life. If that's what you want to do, but you keep asking about ROC. So that leads me to believe that you still wants more out of the deal.

Filed: Timeline

Hope, you can nogeatiate the language in the annullment, so just ask to have some of the language remove, you sign along with the ticket for 1st class flight and move on with your life. If that's what you want to do, but you keep asking about ROC. So that leads me to believe that you still wants more out of the deal.

to be honest i dont want to stay one more day here. I will see a lawyer on monday and lets see how it goes

[/s]ssgal' timestamp='1349570012' post='5739101']

to be honest i dont want to stay one more day here. I will see a lawyer on monday and lets see how it goes

I am sure the husband doesn't want it to drag on either. But the cost of paying the lawyer to get the language change could be money well spent some place else. The annullment really helps you, because in your culture you will not be consider a divorce woman. He was trying to aid himself and you at the same time.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

honest and truly you need to speak to a lawyer and make your decisions based on the facts. Most family law attornies will give you a free consultation. Maybe check with your local Catholic Charities organization in your city they often offer low cost immigration advise. Only lawyers can give legal advise but from my heart I am so sorry this has happened to you and I pray you will find a solution. Take care!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there! I know how you feel -- and hopefully you could soon be out in this situation. Your husband does not loves you and I'm glad that you still know your self worth. If you still opt to live in the states in the future, then I think you should clear yourself of the accusation especially when it is NOT TRUE. However, if you intend to come back home and not interested in living back to the US again, then, the earlier you have the annulment approved the better for you so you can come home and start building your life again with peace and love of your own family. Let God handle it for you -- I'm sure your husband would face his own Karma for doing this thing to you.... just do good -- God knows the desires of your heart and for sure will bless you in His name and goodness! Be patient and always look up to God, He will give the right man for you -- don't stress out yourself and just move forward in life -- God knows best for you -- things happened for a reason. America is a nice place to live, but it should also be a place where you become happy living as well. It's not the place -- it is the person who you are sharing your life with that makes you happy. God bless !

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I feel for your situation and hope all works out for you.

I have few questions to understand your situation.

1 you said you were married in 2010, over 2 years. It was an arranged marriage. Presumably it took place in pakistan., am I correct?

2 that means he sponsored you at some time later to bring you here. That means you went through you went through AOS process, is that right?

3 That also means you entered the country on IR1 status, right?

IR1 status gives you a ten years valid Green card on your arrival here.

The large question I don't understand, then is, how come your green card is still a conditional one. Is your husband a Citizen or he also has only LPR status. If he only had LPR status, how could he bring you in within 2 years. Dont you think It would have taken more than two years to get your visa current based on State Departments Visa bulletine, for country like Pakistan :innocent: .

On the other hand if your husband is a Citizen then you came in as immediate relative which gave you a ten years GC at arrival. How can he file for annulment when you already have a ten year valid green card, if you indeed went through the AOS process.

I am trying to understand

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

I feel for your situation and hope all works out for you.

I have few questions to understand your situation.

1 you said you were married in 2010, over 2 years. It was an arranged marriage. Presumably it took place in pakistan., am I correct?

2 that means he sponsored you at some time later to bring you here. That means you went through you went through AOS process, is that right?

3 That also means you entered the country on IR1 status, right?

IR1 status gives you a ten years valid Green card on your arrival here.

The large question I don't understand, then is, how come your green card is still a conditional one. Is your husband a Citizen or he also has only LPR status. If he only had LPR status, how could he bring you in within 2 years. Dont you think It would have taken more than two years to get your visa current based on State Departments Visa bulletine, for country like Pakistan :innocent: .

On the other hand if your husband is a Citizen then you came in as immediate relative which gave you a ten years GC at arrival. How can he file for annulment when you already have a ten year valid green card, if you indeed went through the AOS process.

I am trying to understand

1 you said you were married in 2010, over 2 years. It was an arranged marriage. Presumably it took place in pakistan., am I correct? YES

2 that means he sponsored you at some time later to bring you here. That means you went through you went through AOS process, is that right? YES

3 That also means you entered the country on IR1 status, right? CR1

We got married JUly 2010 , and my arrival here was in MAY 2012 so i got 2 yr GC because I wasnt married for two years when i arrived.He is a citizen. I hope it clears up most of your questions

Hi there! I know how you feel -- and hopefully you could soon be out in this situation. Your husband does not loves you and I'm glad that you still know your self worth. If you still opt to live in the states in the future, then I think you should clear yourself of the accusation especially when it is NOT TRUE. However, if you intend to come back home and not interested in living back to the US again, then, the earlier you have the annulment approved the better for you so you can come home and start building your life again with peace and love of your own family. Let God handle it for you -- I'm sure your husband would face his own Karma for doing this thing to you.... just do good -- God knows the desires of your heart and for sure will bless you in His name and goodness! Be patient and always look up to God, He will give the right man for you -- don't stress out yourself and just move forward in life -- God knows best for you -- things happened for a reason. America is a nice place to live, but it should also be a place where you become happy living as well. It's not the place -- it is the person who you are sharing your life with that makes you happy. God bless !

Thank you , i needed these words. I believe in God and i believe in karma. He didnt only hurt me but also my family

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I think you need to fight your case. talk to an attorney and I think this you have a better case, for few reasons:

In my opinion

your marriage was arranged as is customary back home

you knew he lived in US and bringing you here was his responsibility. How would anyone to think of husband and wife living apart for ever.

You followed your husbands guidance and efforts to join him

you discovered his behavior once you got here

now the key point is attorneys are going to look for evidences that he is the one cheating but not you. that is not something that can be proved with He say/ she say stuff. Start gathering as much as you can, marriage certificate, letters he may have sent to your during your wait, chat scripts, video or phone calls records. Then start a journal or something to show his behavior once you arrived here.

but don't give up and do talk to a lawyer. Whether you want to live in US or not, if I were you, I would definitely put up a fight. And if he raises hand on you, simply call police and report for domestic violence. That will be a good report to seek VAWA protection.

Just my two cents. I wish you all the best

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you , i needed these words. I believe in God and i believe in karma. He didnt only hurt me but also my family

"hopelessgal"....You are welcome! God bless you. (F)

Edited by InHisTime

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

YES ! its also mentioned in the document also he was the one who didnt want kids for sometime . I mean i didnt even see it coming. To be honest i am not interested in his finances or anything . He only provided shelter and food. He was dating other women while i wassitting home alonr for weeks,I wish i had some proof to make him suffer

Oh oh.

He is filing for an annulment so that he will no longer have to adhere to the guidelines of the Affidavit of Support. I did not think that you could file for an annulment in an arranged marriage. Also, he was the petitioner so he filed for you to come. Talk to your lawyer, do you have copies of the arranged marriage. Take them with you. Personally, I would file for divorce and leave. You have to make the decision on what you want after you are free from him.

This.

Then why not just go home and be thankful that you are free of such a jerk, and can start your life over with someone better? Why try to fight to stay here if you no longer have a future with him?

To me that is the ultimate payback.

First, getting a divorce is not about getting revenge, so everyone needs to understand this. The lawyer only wants to deal with facts, and what will get the quickest and fair-ish outcome.

This is a very young marriage with little time invested, therefore why would anyone spend thousands of dollar to get out of it.

Again, if it makes you feel better, see if the language can be negoiated, both parties will have to go in front of the judge any how so the judge can and will have the final say.

Ask to have the papers sealed, that way no one but the courts can every see the divorce language. This infromation wouldn't be printed on the divorce creed either. Don't make something out of this that it isn't.

Everyone will write all the hype about what they would do, but the bottom line is what is it that you want.

Yes feelings are hurt and pride is shamed, but life does go on.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

First, getting a divorce is not about getting revenge, so everyone needs to understand this. The lawyer only wnats to deal with facts, and what will get the quickest and fairish out come.

This is a very young marriage with little time invested, therefore why would anyone spend thousands of dollar to get out of it.

Again, if it makes you feel better, see if the language can be negoiated, both parties will have to go in front of the judge any how so the judge can and will have the final say.

Ask to have the papers sealed, that way no one but the courts can every see the divorce language. This infromation wouldn't be printed on the divorce creed either. Don't make something out of this that it isn't.

Everyone will write all the hype about what they would do, but the bottom line is what is it that you want.

I was angry and wasnt thinking rational. I am going through so many emotions right now. Anger, sadness, hatred , pity , revenge and so on. I dont want to suffer nor i want to waste my parents money since i didnt have a job here and i dont have any saving, I will try to choose a path which is not painfull

Oh oh.

This.

To me that is the ultimate payback.

Thank you , i will see what i can do to get language changed on the papers and leave . I cant waste my life here when i dont have single good memory

I was angry and wasnt thinking rational. I am going through so many emotions right now. Anger, sadness, hatred , pity , revenge and so on. I dont want to suffer nor i want to waste my parents money since i didnt have a job here and i dont have any saving, I will try to choose a path which is not painfull

Thank you , i will see what i can do to get language changed on the papers and leave . I cant waste my life here when i dont have single good memory

Yes feelings are hurt and pride is shamed, but life does go on. Look at the bright side you only wasted two yers of your life, you could have wasted 20 to 30 years.

Have a good cry, then put it behind you. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Only take 1 hour of your time to wallow in this self pity, he isn't worth anymore than that.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.