Hopelessgal

How to fight an annulment

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received a notice of annulment today , i was surprised since he came home last night for few hours and didnt mention anything and everything seemed perfect. Now i have no interest in living in this country but i want to fight because i want my name to be clear.his grounds for annulment is based on fradulant marriage that i came here for immigration. Please note that in these five months i have not opned any bank account , dont have a credi card, no loan, no car, no job or taking advantage of govt . I want to clear my name and then leave forever. What can i do ? do i have any options.I dont have anyoen here to talk or cinsult

details upon my relation c ould be found in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/392743-i-am-lost/

P:s we have been married for two and half years

Edited by Hopelessgal

I received a notice of annulment today , i was surprised since he came home last night for few hours and didnt mention anything and everything seemed perfect. Now i have no interest in living in this country but i want to fight because i want my name to be clear.his grounds for annulment is based on fradulant marriage that i came here for immigration. Please note that in these five months i have not opned any bank account , dont have a credi card, no loan, no car, no job or taking advantage of govt . I want to clear my name and then leave forever. What can i do ? do i have any options.I dont have anyoen here to talk or cinsult

details upon my relation c ould be found in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/392743-i-am-lost/

I saw in the other topic that you received the notice of annulment and thought, "Oh, no."

I don't have any advice to offer, other than to find an attorney who will give you a no-cost consultation (most will), and ask a professional what to do.

I'm so sorry you're in this situation.

If you want the div/annullment why fight it. For you the annullment is better, it will be as if you never married the j. For signing it ask for the plane ticket back home. The US will not use anything in the annulment against you. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

can i apply for ROC ??

Nope, if you'll do an annullment than the orginal marriage never existed. Then you will need to initate a divorce if you wants to stay and ROC. But, I thought you stated that you had no one in the country to assist you.

, your other post stated you had only been here 6 months. Am I missing something?

This is your story:

Came here on spouse visa about 6 months ago. We got married in july 2010. I came here in june

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Nope, if you'll do an annullment than the orginal marriage never existed. Do you have a 2 year GC? Then you will need to initate a divorce if you wants to stay and ROC. But, I thought you stated that you had no one in the country to assist you.

I hate when the story changes, your other post stated you had only been here 6 months. Am I missing something?

I came here in may 2012 but been married since 2010. I have a 2yr GC

I came here in may 2012 but been married since 2010. I have a 2yr GC

The marriage outside of the US was it a real marraige, you did indicate that it was arranged. What is he basing his fraud statement on?

What did the lawyer write in the annullment to base their statement on a fraud marriage?

The marriage outside of the US was it a real marraige, you did indicate that it was arranged. What is he basing his fraud statement on?

What did the lawyer write in the annullment to base their statement on a fraud marriage?

yes it was arranged and i also answered same when i had my interview.

it says

Grounds

The husband would submit that grounds of FRAUD exists and avers that wife entered into a mmraige for the immigration visa purposes that the wife has offred indignities to the spouse's person as to render the spouse's position intolerable and thereby forced the spouse to withdraw qnd in teh alternative husban would show that the marriage of the parties are irretrievably broken pursuant to state code

I dont understand why would he do that , we never fought and he never brought this subject that he is planning to leave me and i cant imagine he will do this , he never thought that i am alone here and know nothing about the USA law

Edited by Hopelessgal

He is trying to dodge owing you spousal support or division of property.

YES ! its also mentioned in the document also he was the one who didnt want kids for sometime . I mean i didnt even see it coming. To be honest i am not interested in his finances or anything . He only provided shelter and food. He was dating other women while i wassitting home alonr for weeks,I wish i had some proof to make him suffer

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He is filing for an annulment so that he will no longer have to adhere to the guidelines of the Affidavit of Support. I did not think that you could file for an annulment in an arranged marriage. Also, he was the petitioner so he filed for you to come. Talk to your lawyer, do you have copies of the arranged marriage. Take them with you. Personally, I would file for divorce and leave. You have to make the decision on what you want after you are free from him.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I want to prove that i didnt come here for immigration and i had no such intentions.

Then why not just go home and be thankful that you are free of such a jerk, and can start your life over with someone better? Why try to fight to stay here if you no longer have a future with him?

Edited by rkk1

Filed: Other Timeline

Like someone said settle for a ticket on annulment issue (I'd go for a financial settlement to sign) go down to your local legal aid clinic, and if U can tape some of his antics sure would be proof 4 U .... did U not make friends even in your neighborhood? he does not want to be responsible 4 U, lastly if U never consumated the marriage he can become the winner here....good luck

Then why not just go home and be thankful that you are free of such a jerk, and can start your life over with someone better? Why try to fight to stay here if you no longer have a future with him?

I only to fight because he accused me of being a fraudulent person. I want to know if there is a way he could be proven wrong and i get off without this label

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.