laurabeth

October 2012 K1 filers

877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know anything about CSC? =( It seems like VSC people are getting a ton approved every day and I hardly ever see any from CSC. Or am I just not observant enough???

You are observing correctly.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/415853-the-differences-between-csc-and-vsc-noa-2s/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I got my NOA1 on the 25th October. Have we been hearing of any NOA2s for early October yet? I'm with Vermont Service Centre.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I got my NOA1 on the 25th October. Have we been hearing of any NOA2s for early October yet? I'm with Vermont Service Centre.

We haven't heard anything yet either, NOA1 date is October 2nd. I just wished we had filed sooner. We waited till October because we had a pretty important timing issue and my fiance was deployed abroad and could not return to the US before May. We could also not risk my visa expiring before we could actually get married (legally he can't yet, he's married to the marine corps). So, when I called the consular section and asked when I should apply they said: oh, it takes about 4 months, apply in October and that should give you plenty of time. Yeah right :-p

I will sheepishly admit this: my fiance called today to put in request to have it expedited. They wrote down his reasons for it and said they would contact us within the next five days to let us know whether the expedite request would be accepted. I really hope it does, yet at the same time realize there are others out there also waiting their turn. For me, the main reason is that my boss needs a 2 month notice, and he already told me today that he had found me a replacement and strongly hinted that I wasn't exactly welcome anymore after the end of April. Same with daycare for our one year old son. Under those circumstances it would be incredibly hard to stay after that if I lose my income. Also, as long as we're not married my fiance cannot request housing for us, so we'd lose a lot of money having to move twice, once for him from his home to the base where he'll be stationed, and then again for me to that same base. We don't know if any of those reasons will be sufficient to have our petition expedited, will be sure to let you guys know!

I just wished we had filed sooner. We waited till October because we had a pretty important timing issue and my fiance was deployed abroad and could not return to the US before May. We could also not risk my visa expiring before we could actually get married (legally he can't yet, he's married to the marine corps).

Under your circumstances, you should have filed the I-129F petition earlier because, even if you had received a much earlier approval than expected, you could have delayed your Embassy interview and your visa issuance by having the Embassy revalidate your USCIS-approved I-129F petition for another four months. The Embassy routinely revalidates petitions every four months for up to a year. To revalidate the petition, the petitioner simply emails the Embassy and asks them to do so. Then, when the timing was right, you could have set your Embassy interview appointment on a convenient date without having to worry about whether your visa would expire before you were ready to move.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Under your circumstances, you should have filed the I-129F petition earlier because, even if you had received a much earlier approval than expected, you could have delayed your Embassy interview and your visa issuance by having the Embassy revalidate your USCIS-approved I-129F petition for another four months. The Embassy routinely revalidates petitions every four months for up to a year. To revalidate the petition, the petitioner simply emails the Embassy and asks them to do so. Then, when the timing was right, you could have set your Embassy interview appointment on a convenient date without having to worry about whether your visa would expire before you were ready to move.

See, that's the kind of stuff i wish they HAD told me at the embassy, or that I'd read on this website before filing :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I notice there are currently four approved entries for October on Igor's list.. Lucky people! Interesting all the NOA1s are from the middle to the end of October, how does this happen? So weird. Anyway, moving on up!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Hey!!

We received our NOA1 on Oct 22nd annnnd now we are sitting at 136 days and counting :whistle:

We filed with VSC ...I can't believe how frustrating it is just sitting around!!!

Good luck to everyone!!! Positive love!!

12-25-2011 - One Merry Christmas text started it all <3
01-28-2012 - We fell for each other
09-22-2012 - He asked me to be his forever girl
10-15-2012 - I-129F SENT
10-22-2012 - NOA1 Received

05-01-2013 - NOA2 Received

05-15-2013 - NVC Received

05-16-2013 - NVC Sent
05-23-2013 - Montreal Received
05-27-2013 - Packet 3 Sent

05-31-2013 - Packet 4 Received

05-01-2013 - Interview booked for August 12, 2013!!

07-10-2013 - Medical completed in Toronto!!

08-12-2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!

01-14-2016 - I-751 Removing Conditions - SENT

01-22-2016 - Check Cleared

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

153 :-)

Good luck guys!

Dec 6, 2011: We met online

Jan 4, 2012: We became a couple

March 30, 2012: Met in person

October 5, 2012: We got engaged & NOA1 date

April 10, 2013: NOA 2

April 24, 2013: Email with FRN case number received, petition is on its way to Frankfurt

April 30, 2013: Medical in Frankfurt completed

May 3, 2013: Packet 3 received

May 23, 2013: Packet 3 sent back

June 4, 2013: Packet 4 received

June 11, 2013: Interview ->approved

June 17, 2013: Visa in hand!

July 3, 2013: POE

July 17, 2013: WEDDING <3MARRIED TO MY HERO, MY SOLDIER, MY EVERYTHING :)

Nov 12, 2013: Filed AOS (+EAD&AP)

Nov 18, 2013: NOA1

Dec 20, 2013: Biometrics appointment

Jan 17, 2014: EAD card production

Jan 23, 2014: EAD combo card received

March 15, 2014: Received Potential interview waiver case letter

June 26, 2014: AOS approved, no interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm back! So many things have happened. Sheesh! I'm glad more people are joining our group! My fiance and I broke up four months ago. One month after I left Mexico. :wacko: The distance was killing us completely. He did things, I did things (dated other people) only to realize that we couldn't live without each other. :bonk: I'm just glad thats out of the picture. For some reason I'm relieved to know that I could never spend the rest of my life with someone that wasn't the father of my children. And for once I trust that his love really is real. Whatever doubts we had before thats out of the window. Two days ago we decided to give in one last try. I just didn't want to try anymore. I felt like there was no saving anything. But hes been hands down amazing just how I met him. Romantic, telling me he loves me. Kind of smothering me, which he hadnt done for years now. Let's just say I'm glad I never canceled the case. Deep down I knew we were just being childish with each other. :innocent::whistle:

Good thing is, that hopefully I just have to wait 2- months of agony before we *cross fingers* get an approval. I get to see him towards the end of the month, if God allows it! And there will be ALOT of love being thrown in the air, haha! Im SO excited! :luv:

So hold on to your love ones tightly. Get any doubts or confusion settled before marriage.!!! This was a tough thing to do. I was happy, actually. I wont deny it, but it wasnt the same kind of happiness. :/ It was weird going out to dinner with another man; or hearing how my finace held hands with another woman! IDK! Past is the past! Starting over, different mind set. Same love! :)

Edited by xxdreamer
CAOAm5.png

12/06/08= Fiance EWI (age:14)

12/15/08-> Love at first sight; even tho I was askd to hook him up w/ my bff. :)

12/27/08-> Early inoccent New Years Kiss :P (start dating)

7/21/09-> Find out we're expecting; move in together!

3/15/10->Gemma Jasmene is born!

9/1/10-> Get our first Apartment!

3/15/11-> Find out we're expecting, AGAIN! (Amazing gift for my daughters bday; a little sister)

6/1/11-> Move back home due to tornado disaster :(

8/2011-> Decide to start the K1 process

11/08/11-> Naila Geraldine is born.

9/15/12-> Fiance left before turning 18.5 [172 days]

10/05/12-> Mailed I-129F (waiting game, begins) :/

10/11/12-> NOA1 [via text message]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.