26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have just received all my NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP + the biometrics appointment notice.

I went on to check ALL the information on the papers and on ALL OF THEM, the A# is not the one that has been, so far, mine.

Mine: A205 XXX XXX

On the NOAs: A204 XXX XXX

So, I'm on hold with USCIS, waiting for a Tier 2 CSR to answer my call (elapsed time: 1 hour).

I'm not crazy and that number should never change, correct? They have made a mistake (oh noes! really USCIS making a mistake?) and added someone else's A# headbonk.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It should be the same, yes!

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I also am of the understanding that it should be the same Alien number. :wow:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Alright, after 1.5 hours on hold. The call has dropped.

I will not let these guys ruin my night no0pb.gif I will call again in the morning

Time to get ready for the game..... Go Cowboys!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

yeah the number needs to be the same. I am glad u got ur appointment so fast. We didn't get our biometrics appointment yet. We r still waiting. We called and were told to wait 30-45 days for the appointment.

K1 VISA PROCESS ROC PROCESS

12/06/11: I129F sent 05/01/15: ROC pack sent via Fedex
12/13/11: text received with receipt number 05/04/15: ROC delivered to VSC
12/16/11: NOA1 received
12/21/11: Touched!!!
06/06/12: NOA2 text and e-mail
06/18/12: NVC received our file (12 days since NOA2 e-mail)
06/19/12: file sent to the embassy in Lima
06/21/12: NOA2 hard copy. Finally!!! (15 days since approval e-mail)
06/21/12: Case at the embassy in Lima
07/09/12: Packet 4 received
07/23/12: Medical
08/08/12: Interview at the Embassy in Lima: APPROVED!!!!
08/15/12: Visa in hand
08/19/12: POE Atlanta (took 15 minutes)
08/20/12: Applied for marriage license
08/25/12: Official engagement party with my parents
08/28/12: MARRIAGE!!!

AOS PROCESS

09/04/12: SSN Application
09/11/12: SSN card received
09/14/12: AOS Combo pack sent via Fedex
09/17/12: AOS package received and signed by L. Martinez
09/19/12: E-mail notification with 3 receipt numbers of AOS Combo pack
09/24/12: NOA1 for GC,EAD,AP received
10/24/12: Biometrics appointment
11/28/12: EAD and AP card on production
12/07/12: EAD and AP card received

07/29/13: Green Card/document production (10 months and 12 days)

an1cMjYVM2J0010OXNsenwwMDAwMTNkYXxjYXNhZ
as1cEXUNw3-0000MDAwMTUwbHwwMDAxMzk4bHxlb

"Por fin juntos y finalmente casados amor de mi vida, my soulmate"

Timeline

yeah the number needs to be the same. I am glad u got ur appointment so fast. We didn't get our biometrics appointment yet. We r still waiting. We called and were told to wait 30-45 days for the appointment.

wow.gif really? All 4 letters were in our mailbox this afternoon. The first one I opened was the Biometrics Appointment.

headbonk.gif if only they had my information as they are supposed to! I seriously gave up tonight. I'll start calling at 8 am sharp, tomorrow. I hope, at least, you don't run into any clerical mistakes star_smile.gif

Timeline

So, the Cowboys were a disappointment last night and so is USCIS this morning.

I have been calling since 8 am and every time I get to the part of "If you have a problem with your application" it tells me to call back between 8am and 8pm... it's 9:16! headbonk.gif

Edited by Celeste & C

I have been calling since 8 am and every time I get to the part of "If you have a problem with your application" it tells me to call back between 8am and 8pm... it's 9:16! headbonk.gif

Go Bears ;)

Keep trying!

Is it 8am EST or 8am PST that they start answering their phones, I wonder ...

Timeline

I done the hold time 5 separate times in 3 months, go C go.

I also am of the understanding that it should be the same Alien number. :wow:

Crazy Yankee are you sure? Ha Ha

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Hopefully, it will be resolved promptly. :help:

Today is our biometrics appointment.... Our first time at the Seattle USCIS fortress building.... :blush:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

C-Bone, it could be a time-zone thing. Regardless, how about setting an Infopass appointment? Unless, of course, the A# is required...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

C-Bone, it could be a time-zone thing. Regardless, how about setting an Infopass appointment? Unless, of course, the A# is required...

Well, after many hours of trying, I was able to talk to a T2 CSR; and I was hoping it didn't come down to an Infopass appointment, but it did. Now, C will have to take the day off at work to drive me there and fix all this. They said that they can't confirm nor verify A# over the phone.

We are very unhappy mad.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.