ArthurM

I just learned that I have a three year old son!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

I am really confused and worried and angry and happy!!! I just learned that about three years ago my fiancee gave birth to my second child and concealed it from me till I informed her of my decision to marry her and have her and my 6 year old daughter beside me in USA.Well she had her reasons and I try not to blame her and now one thing worries me greatly.

I am a US citizen now and while applying for citizenship, there was a question in the form concerning the children and I informed of only my 6 year-old daughter as I didn't know that I have a second child at that time. And I relly want to have them beside me.

Do you think it's a problem that I didn't tell the immigratiojn services of my second child and what can I do in this situation to bring them to US as soon as possiable?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's not material misrep, so you should be fine for your own citizenship. However, because of the situation, they may ask for DNA testing before issuing a visa/ giving your son the CRBA (are you named on the birth cert?).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

the biggest problem is not what you told or didn't tell immigration, it's what your fiancee didn't tell you.

In my personal opinion they won't think much of your relationship if she didnt tell you for THREE years that you had another child. Not only will they most likely doubt the child is yours (which is easily disproved with DNA), they will most likely assume that you are only bringing your fiancee here as a means to get your children here, and that your relationship with your fiancee isn't real, just an agreement with some chick you used to date to bring her here to get your children to the US because she wouldn't let you have them otherwise.

Be prepared for a fight. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Strange story. Kind of like Forest Gump.

We are the poster children for chain migration!

K-1 Visa

10/13/06 - NOA1

01/25/07 - NOA2

02/12/07 - NVC sent petition to Guangzhou consulate

04/27/07 - Packet 3 received

06/17/07 - Packet 4 received

07/05/07 - Interview - Passed!

07/07/07 - Received K-1 visa

03/20/08 - Received 2 year Green Card

02/21/10 - Received 10 Year Green Card

10/18/11 - Sent N-400

03/22/12 - Sworn in as USC

IR-5 for parents

03/23/12 - Sent I-130

03/29/12 - NOA1

06/29/12 - NOA2

07/23/12 - NVC Received

08/10/12 - Received NVC Case No. and IIN

08/21/12 - AOS Fee Bill Received

08/27/12 - AOS Fee Bill Paid

09/04/12 - GZO numbers received

09/04/12 - AOS E-Mailed

09/06/12 - IV Fee Paid

09/06/12 - DS-230 E-Mailed

09/18/12 - Case Complete

11/01/12 - Interview - Passed

11/08/12 - Received IR-5 visa

F2-B for Brother & Sister

08/28/13 - NOA1

12/24/13 - NOA2

01/15/19 - Welcome letter

02/28/19 - Case Complete

06/20/19 - Interview letter

07/17-18/19 - Interview - Passed

07/31/19 - Received F2-B visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am really confused and worried and angry and happy!!! I just learned that about three years ago my fiancee gave birth to my second child and concealed it from me till I informed her of my decision to marry her and have her and my 6 year old daughter beside me in USA.Well she had her reasons and I try not to blame her and now one thing worries me greatly.

I am a US citizen now and while applying for citizenship, there was a question in the form concerning the children and I informed of only my 6 year-old daughter as I didn't know that I have a second child at that time. And I relly want to have them beside me.

Do you think it's a problem that I didn't tell the immigratiojn services of my second child and what can I do in this situation to bring them to US as soon as possiable?

If you weren't a US citizen when the child was born then the CRBA isn't an issue. The child isn't eligible for US citizen by birth. The child will, however, become a US citizen when it's admitted to the US as an immigrant in your custody.

It isn't misrepresentation unless you knew the truth and willfully concealed it.

What sort of visa are planning to petition for?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

If you weren't a US citizen when the child was born then the CRBA isn't an issue. The child isn't eligible for US citizen by birth. The child will, however, become a US citizen when it's admitted to the US as an immigrant in your custody.

It isn't misrepresentation unless you knew the truth and willfully concealed it.

What sort of visa are planning to petition for?

Thank you a lot for the replies!

If I can be sure that it won't affect my citizenship, then I would prefer an emmigrant visa, which will let them recieve a green-card within a month after they enter the US.

Thank for the reply beforehand!

Timeline

It's not material misrep, so you should be fine for your own citizenship. However, because of the situation, they may ask for DNA testing before issuing a visa/ giving your son the CRBA (are you named on the birth cert?).

Thanks for the answer!

Yes, mi fiancee says, I am named on the birth certificate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.