Ryan H

NVC Filers - October 2012

806 posts in this topic

the way I look at congrats threads is like children seeking attention.

But some congrats do mean something, like from Saylin, etc...

I respect modest VJ members a lot more than "show offs"

Do you think Neal Armstrong(the first man to immigrate away from Earth) would post a thread like: "Hey Look at me, attention please, my visa to the moon was just approved!!"

I think NOT!

I agree with you. People just want to create their own approval thread to get a bunch of congrats, thus wanting attention. I honestly just ignore those threads laughing.gif But if you look at the forums, there's hundreds of these kinds of threads, taking up so many pages. There should just be an approval forum, where people just post their approvals. That way, it wouldn't clog up the other forums & threads that actually have useful information.

My husband's last name is Armstrong :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone hear of getting multiple Case Complete emails from the NVC? We got one last Thursday, and I called up the NVC to confirm that, yes, our case was in queue for interview assignment. Then, just now we received another identical email as the one we received last week. Is the NVC trying to make my heart stop intentionally? I thought it was my interview notification!

Jiaem6.png
CR-1 Visa Timeline:
07-09-12 - Express-Mailed I-130 Packet
08-31-12 - Received NOA2 Approval via SMS

USCIS COMPLETED IN 49 DAYS
09-10-12 - Case Received at NVC
09-14-12 - NVC Case Number Assigned
09-20-12 - DS-261 Submitted/I-864 Invoiced/Paid
09-28-12 - IV Bill Invoiced/Paid
10-02-12 - IV Bill Shows Paid/Completed DS-260 Online
10-11-12 - NVC Case Complete

NVC COMPLETED IN 31 DAYS
11-02-12 - Interview Appointment Letter e-mail Received
12-11-12 - Interview in CDJ - APPROVED!!!!

12-22-12 - POE Nuevo Laredo

144 DAYS FROM MAILING OF PETITION TO INTERVIEW DAY

12-10-2014 - Express-mailed ROC packet

Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.
-Ambrose Bierce

the way I look at congrats threads is like children seeking attention.

But some congrats do mean something, like from Saylin, etc...

I respect modest VJ members a lot more than "show offs"

Do you think Neal Armstrong(the first man to immigrate away from Earth) would post a thread like: "Hey Look at me, attention please, my visa to the moon was just approved!!"

I think NOT!

*raising hand* guilty for posting a thread or 2 regarding the status of our petition. it was out of sheer excitement with no intention of clogging up forums or seeking attention. as a fairly new member, i thought that's how the site worked (pardon my naivety) until i started reading more forums such as this and found out how threads really came to play. but honestly, when i see someone post how they got approved, how their case closed, and got an interview, i'm genuinely excited for them coz i know each and every one of us have our own stories to tell (in our own time) about our "visajourney"...some shorter than others but a journey just as well. i'm still learning about the site everyday. i honestly couldn't get a grasp of how massive the information on this site really was until i started typing random questions into the search bar. anyway, that's just my two cents. don't hate me for it. :)

~*ILoveTaybear*~

USCIS

Service Center: CSC

2012-07-05: I-130 sent

2012-07-10: Arrives at Lockbox

2012-07-12: I-130 NOA1

2012-09-12: I-130 NOA2 (via text)

NVC

2012-09-27: Case number/IIN received from NVC (via email)

2012-09-27: DS-3032 email sent

2012-09-27: AOS fee Paid online (In Process)

2012-09-28: AOS status updated to PAID

2012-10-01: AOS packet sent

2012-10-02: AOS packet received

2012-10-15: AOS packet accepted

2012-10-12: DS-3032 accepted

2012-10-15: IV fee invoiced and paid (In Process)

2012-10-16: IV packet sent

2012-10-18: IV packet received

2012-10-31: Case Complete

2012-11-13: Medical completed

2012-12-06: INTERVIEW - APPROVED

2012-12-12: VISA DELIVERED

Citizenship

Service Center: Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

2012-02-09: Date filed

2012-02-11: NOA date

2012-03-13: Biometrics

2012-05-04: Interview - Passed

Oathtaking: same day! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Instead of clogging up the forums, one can just post a status :) Or post in the monthly threads.

To turn off signatures, go to your settings. Then click the Forum tab. First option is about viewing members' signatures on the forums. Uncheck it if you want. I keep it though as they're extremely helpful to answer people's questions :)

What an excelent idea. ADMIN's you see this. Please lets do that. A Congrats forum. You post wrongly delete the topic.

And no points for just saying congrats. Goodness you should be getting points on contenet and helping. Congrats all you want just no extra points there. I know folk at 1000's of post and hearts and all that ain't never helped nobody. Just say Congrats and stuff.:huh:

And please please whoever your developer is update the timeline with the right data. Case# assigned. not just when we paid IV and AOS but when we sent it off and when it was accepted.

Sorry this mail delay has made me ummmm moody.:girlwerewolf2xn:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

*raising hand* guilty for posting a thread or 2 regarding the status of our petition. it was out of sheer excitement with no intention of clogging up forums or seeking attention. as a fairly new member, i thought that's how the site worked (pardon my naivety) until i started reading more forums such as this and found out how threads really came to play. but honestly, when i see someone post how they got approved, how their case closed, and got an interview, i'm genuinely excited for them coz i know each and every one of us have our own stories to tell (in our own time) about our "visajourney"...some shorter than others but a journey just as well. i'm still learning about the site everyday. i honestly couldn't get a grasp of how massive the information on this site really was until i started typing random questions into the search bar. anyway, that's just my two cents. don't hate me for it. :)

Congrats thread need to be here because people need to be encouraged. U post away. Hey nothing wrong with saying hey. Now I wouldn't advise someone flying through CSC or VSC under 5 months doing it. But heck do what you need to do be happy and let other s be happy with you I say.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Seems i read your guys advise abit late I already sent DS3032. Anyways fingers crossed it gets accepted otherwise will have to send it again....

Saylin and I have different, opposing, points of view about when to send in the DS-3032.

I don't argue with her about it, as many times, the DS-3032 does get accepted. Some times it doesn't, and it is sent on again.

FOR EP CASEFILES, I know that the DS-3032 used for OPTING IN to OPTIONAL Electronic Processing rarely gets into the casefile UNTIL the AOS FEE BILL is generated at NVC. The visual for this is the AOS FEE BILL arrives in the Petitioner's Email Inbox.

But - don't let that dissuade you from sending off as many DS-3032s as you wish, anytime you wish, from the timetick of receiving a casefile # and IIN over the telephone. For many people - this is a great time tick as it actually worked for them.

So, heck - send it off once a day, it's only email and isn't costing you anything in postage, right?

That email queue at NVC is problematic, for DS-3032 intake, always. Sending it on after the AOS FEE BILL has been received is a great time tick, as once the AOS FEE BILL has been generated, NVC is 'listening' for paperwork on the case. Prior to that? Not so much. But there's still a gap in time between when you send it to when a human does something with it - usually during that gap - the AOS fee bill is invoiced, so it seems that the DS-3032 is taken in quickly.

No worries - do what you want to do, on this one.

and no, I won't argue with Saylin about when to send it - cause of that @#$@#ed up time gap in the email processing process at NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Good idea about creating a whole approval sub-forum. Where's the admin suggestion box?

I agree that it clogs up the forums, but you have to admit it's the goal we all have in common, and it's not something like winning over your friend on WordFeud or coming home from the supermarket and notice the girl at the register forgot to charge you for the can of cat food... It's one of the biggest "prices" we will ever get in life, it's a decision someone has made that will change your life forever... If otherwise "normal people" (whatever that means) get a little exuberant in their moment of joy, I can live with that. We are all different. I didn't create my own thread because that just didn't seem necessary. For me it was enough to post it in this thread (or the September thread, rather, since my interview was in September), and in the Scandinavia thread, cause that's where I spend the most time and that's where the people are whom I know. But whatever. Live and let live. Just my two cents. :thumbs:

Sorry for the :ot:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Timeline

and Darnell....how in the name of god can i turn off the signatures?? i think they are super informative, but take up WAY TOO MUCH SPACE on threads like this one.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=forums

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, heck - send it off once a day, it's only email and isn't costing you anything in postage, right?

That email queue at NVC is problematic . . . .

and no, I won't argue with Saylin about when to send it - cause of that @#$@#ed up time gap in the email processing process at NVC.

So let me understand your logic here. The queue is problematic so you're advising people to send more unnecessary emails and that's supposed to help?

• 04/14/12 - Married
    05/10/12 - Filed I-130 Petition
    05/17/12 - NOA1 Received
    05/22/12 - I797C Received
    08/02/12 - NOA2 Received
    08/30/12 - DS3032(DS261) & I864 bill received, sent, & paid
    09/01/12 - Receive I-864 Package
    09/08/12 - Submit I-864 Package
    09/14/12 - Receive & pay IV Invoice
    09/18/12 - IV Payment Complete & DS-260 Unlocked
    09/20/12 - Submit DS-260
    10/04/12 - Submit DS-260 Supporting Documents
    10/10/12 - Medical
    10/15/12 - Resubmitted I-864 Package
    10/18/12 - Case Complete
    11/01/12 - Case expedited to Montreal
    11/14/02 - Interview
    11/14/02 - APPROVED

Timeline

Good idea about creating a whole approval sub-forum. Where's the admin suggestion box?

nah. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/134-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports/ is used for that.

a topic started there with 'i got approved!' is certainly ok.

So let me understand your logic here. The queue is problematic so you're advising people to send more unnecessary emails and that's supposed to help?

read again, please. more logic revealed on 2rd read.

But this time, make a flowchart, aye?

What an excelent idea. ADMIN's you see this. Please lets do that. A Congrats forum. You post wrongly delete the topic.

And no points for just saying congrats. Goodness you should be getting points on contenet and helping. Congrats all you want just no extra points there. I know folk at 1000's of post and hearts and all that ain't never helped nobody. Just say Congrats and stuff.:huh:

And please please whoever your developer is update the timeline with the right data. Case# assigned. not just when we paid IV and AOS but when we sent it off and when it was accepted.

Sorry this mail delay has made me ummmm moody.:girlwerewolf2xn:

If only I was an admin laughing.gif I would have fixed the timeline issues months and months ago. It drives me crazy! And I would have added that congrats forum a few hours ago after I suggested it laughing.gif If only I could... Maybe one day devil.gifwhistling.gif

If only I was an admin laughing.gif I would have fixed the timeline issues months and months ago. It drives me crazy! And I would have added that congrats forum a few hours ago after I suggested it laughing.gif If only I could... Maybe one day devil.gifwhistling.gif

:ot:

you're not admin?! could have sworn you were...had me fooled! well the admin gods need to make you one, stat! :thumbs:

:ot2:

~*ILoveTaybear*~

USCIS

Service Center: CSC

2012-07-05: I-130 sent

2012-07-10: Arrives at Lockbox

2012-07-12: I-130 NOA1

2012-09-12: I-130 NOA2 (via text)

NVC

2012-09-27: Case number/IIN received from NVC (via email)

2012-09-27: DS-3032 email sent

2012-09-27: AOS fee Paid online (In Process)

2012-09-28: AOS status updated to PAID

2012-10-01: AOS packet sent

2012-10-02: AOS packet received

2012-10-15: AOS packet accepted

2012-10-12: DS-3032 accepted

2012-10-15: IV fee invoiced and paid (In Process)

2012-10-16: IV packet sent

2012-10-18: IV packet received

2012-10-31: Case Complete

2012-11-13: Medical completed

2012-12-06: INTERVIEW - APPROVED

2012-12-12: VISA DELIVERED

Citizenship

Service Center: Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

2012-02-09: Date filed

2012-02-11: NOA date

2012-03-13: Biometrics

2012-05-04: Interview - Passed

Oathtaking: same day! :)

you're not admin?! could have sworn you were...had me fooled! well the admin gods need to make you one, stat! :thumbs:

I'm just an organizer. All I can do is move threads from one forum to another. Oh, and I can edit all my posts, even months later :)

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Saylin and I have different, opposing, points of view about when to send in the DS-3032.

I don't argue with her about it, as many times, the DS-3032 does get accepted. Some times it doesn't, and it is sent on again.

FOR EP CASEFILES, I know that the DS-3032 used for OPTING IN to OPTIONAL Electronic Processing rarely gets into the casefile UNTIL the AOS FEE BILL is generated at NVC. The visual for this is the AOS FEE BILL arrives in the Petitioner's Email Inbox.

But - don't let that dissuade you from sending off as many DS-3032s as you wish, anytime you wish, from the timetick of receiving a casefile # and IIN over the telephone. For many people - this is a great time tick as it actually worked for them.

That email queue at NVC is problematic, for DS-3032 intake, always. Sending it on after the AOS FEE BILL has been received is a great time tick, as once the AOS FEE BILL has been generated, NVC is 'listening' for paperwork on the case. Prior to that? Not so much. But there's still a gap in time between when you send it to when a human does something with it - usually during that gap - the AOS fee bill is invoiced, so it seems that the DS-3032 is taken in quickly.

No worries - do what you want to do, on this one.

Thanks for explaining. I guess sending the form early is a hit or miss. It take some time to review the email so in that timeframe if the bill gets invoiced then when they review the email all will be good. I hope that will be my luck. If they review it too early then I guess it gets ignored and thats when you have to send it again right? Well it is taking few days to invoice AOS bill so I am going to send an email every day and hope one of those will be processed just after I get AOS invoice. thanks alot now I understand the process better...

Ummm whats your thoughts about sending the initial DS3032 with supervisor review in the subject line? will it speed up the intake? or they will get angry? or it really doesn't matter??

And you are right this reading program thing (I do not want to mention the exact name I see you have a trademark on it) helps ALOT. best advise ever.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The stated purpose of the "Progress Reports" forum is for case updates, when someone posts a thread indicating an approval at some point in the process. The "Progress Reports" forum is an appropriate place to do so, no separate "congrats" forum is needed. People can choose to read or ignore such threads and they can choose to post or not to post in such threads.

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are my own. They do not and are not intended to reflect the opinion of VJ Administrators, Moderators, or other Organizers.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.