Sign in to follow this  
goodgurl

proof of relationship

46 posts in this topic

i found a reciept from the pyramids and a bank reciept with that be enough proof?? and should i just make copies of those or send in the originals??

for his interview?

Do you have 2 receipts? That proves someone was there. Anyone could've handed you a receipt from any sight in the world. You need proof you were there- somewhere- with him. So, I'd make a copy with the receipt with a picture of both you there. The bank receipt is good too. That's closer to be irrefutable proof since the card is in your name.

Again, that's not enough. You need to prove you flew to his home country (or viceversa). Then, you need to place yourself in the same place he was- at the same time. So, you checked in a flight (luggage tag copy- optional), you boarded a plane (boarding pass copy), you cleared immigration/ customs (passport stamp copy), you were transported to wherever he was located (car/ taxi/ bus/ train receipt copy), you checked-in in a hotel/ rented house (lodging receipt copy). That covers going to Egypt at the time you claim you went. All of these items must match the dates you stated you went to Egypt.

Now you must prove you MET him. You went to eat with him (meals for 2 receipts copies), you may have used an ATM (bank receipts copies), you visited some sights (tickets for 2 copies), you purchased goods (receipts copies), he purchased goods for you (receipts copies). Then you took pictures with him at these locations (pictures dated in the back). Again, all these items must match the dates you claim you went.

Did I forget anything?

do i need to make to copies of my passport? one to prove im a us citizen and the other for proof of going to egypt?

Copy all pages as proof of citizenship and copy of stamps as proof you've met.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Please read the guides again. I think they will help answer a lot of your questions.

A birth certificate or passport can be used as proof of US citizenship. Copy ALL pages, even the blank ones.

If you do use all your passport pages as proof of US citizenship, you can include an extra copy of the stamps as proof of meeting if you'd like though I'm not sure a 2nd copy is necessary.

I have the paper work just want to make sure pictures and plane ticket will be enough proof to show that we have met in person

Boarding passes and copy of passport stamps is better ... these prove you actually travelled whereas plane tickets may not have been used.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

i have boarding passes, pictures, 1 reciept from the pyramids and a bank reciept from the atm! i hope thats enough

You need the passport stamp. You really do need it. It's the only proof you LANDED and ENTERED the country.

OP - You do not seem to have a good understanding of this process yet. You are mixing up multiple concepts and that will get you nowhere. If you are going to be successful, you need to be able to read the instructions, the guides, and interpret them literally. If you cannot do that, then I highly suggest you get a lawyer.

For the K-1 petition, you need to prove you have met in person in the last two years. That sort of proof is passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts for places in Egypt, etc.

A SEPARATE thing is proof of relationship. For a high-fraud consulate like Egypt, I think most members would agree that you send in good proof of a relationship so that it gets to the CO before you interview. Your whole packet will go to Egypt eventually, so anything you put there will be seen. If you put nothing there the CO will not know anything about you before the interview. The CO might even refuse to look at anything new you try to bring. If you put that sort of thing in your initial submission, then the CO will look at it. Proof of relationship is correspondence and photos, etc.

If you still don't know that you need a copy of your passport, then it appears you have not read the instructions for the forms, or the VJ guide.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

My partner and I applied for a K1 in March this year.

We sent in maybe 5 photographs of us on holiday together. I photocopied the page of my passport showing the immigration stamp of when I had entered the US to visit her. We also included a 'letter of intent' each following the example in the guides and we has one screenshot of our conversations on Facebook.

Our application was successful.

OP - You do not seem to have a good understanding of this process yet. You are mixing up multiple concepts and that will get you nowhere. If you are going to be successful, you need to be able to read the instructions, the guides, and interpret them literally. If you cannot do that, then I highly suggest you get a lawyer.

For the K-1 petition, you need to prove you have met in person in the last two years. That sort of proof is passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts for places in Egypt, etc.

A SEPARATE thing is proof of relationship. For a high-fraud consulate like Egypt, I think most members would agree that you send in good proof of a relationship so that it gets to the CO before you interview. Your whole packet will go to Egypt eventually, so anything you put there will be seen. If you put nothing there the CO will not know anything about you before the interview. The CO might even refuse to look at anything new you try to bring. If you put that sort of thing in your initial submission, then the CO will look at it. Proof of relationship is correspondence and photos, etc.

If you still don't know that you need a copy of your passport, then it appears you have not read the instructions for the forms, or the VJ guide.

The OP has continuously asked basic questions posted in the guidelines. I second your post, I truly recommend she hires a lawyer to complete this.

send as much evidence as you can. Pictures with dates on them, copies of airplane tickets, hotels..etc..you can even send an affidavit signed by people that have witnessed your relationship.

Sending a lot of evidence will prevent you from a "Request for Evidence" step and it will save you time. because if you dont send enough they'll ask you for more and that will delay you.

make it random and take as many as you want its really up to you then as long as its sufficient to prove your relatuonship guys goodluck then :)god is good all the time

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

The more data you submit the better. We sent 12 photos with names, dates, location. Pics of me with her parents and of her with my parents etc. We sent entry exit stamps, hotel bills, phone records, emails (100 pages). EVERYTHING we could imagine to prove without a doubt the we have a relationship.

Hey,

When we submitted evidence, I did a snapshot from every month that we were talking on skype. So 13 pages of skype conversations to prove that we were on-going.

I also did the same for viber/whatsapp text messages and screenshotted my iphone for calls.

Dont forget to also include a letter from each of you saying that you have intentions of marrying within 90 days of entering the country - we had an RFE on this.

We also included 2 x passport sized photos of each of us.

14 Jan 2011 - Fiance sent me a message on a dating website

14 Jan 2011 - I added him on Facebook

26 Jan 2011 - Had a 5 hour long conversation that changed my life!

05 Feb 2011 - We decided to be an exclusive relationship

29 Jun 2011 - We met for the first time. It was exactly as I knew it would be!

14 Jul 2011 - He had to leave to go back to USA

17 Jul 2011 - Booked flights for me to go to USA for 3 months on VWP

29 Nov 2011 - Arrived in USA

25 Dec 2011 - HE PROPOSED!

21 Feb 2012 - Left USA for Australia

K1 Visa Process

16 Apr 2012 - NOA1

08 Aug 2012 - RFE

11 Sep 2012 - CSC received RFE documentation

11 Sep 2012 - Did Police Clearance

18 Sep 2012 - NOA 2

26 Sep 2012 - NVC sent case to consulate

16 Oct 2012 - Packet 3 received

18 Oct 2012 - Sent DS-230 off to Sydney Consulate

01 Nov 2012 - Medical completed

07 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate

08 Nov 2012 - Packet 3 Delivered

15 Nov 2012 - Packet 4 Received

18 Dec 2012 - Interview APPROVED!

28 Dec 2012 - Entered USA POE:- LAX

09 Jan 2013 - Married

My partner and I applied for a K1 in March this year.

We sent in maybe 5 photographs of us on holiday together. I photocopied the page of my passport showing the immigration stamp of when I had entered the US to visit her. We also included a 'letter of intent' each following the example in the guides and we has one screenshot of our conversations on Facebook.

Our application was successful.

You were successful congratulations...but your beneficiary might not have been from a MENA country or high fraud Embassy.

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.