kintu

What's the Deal ?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello fellow members, i have a question in my mind which i am pretty sure that members in this section would be able to answer.when is the 3 year period en route to Naturalization starts for an alien married to a USC ? Will the three years period starts the moment the alien gets a conditional GC or the Alien has to get a unconditional GC first in order to be counted for the set 3 years period ? this question is purely out of curiosity,kindly enlighten.

P.S - Apologies if posted in the wrong section.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When the GC is first issued.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

The 3 year period begins once LPR status has been achieved before the conditions are lifted. When applying on this contingency you may apply 90 days (not 3 months) before the 3 year anniversary of Being granted LPR.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

3rd years of marriage

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello fellow members, i have a question in my mind which i am pretty sure that members in this section would be able to answer.when is the 3 year period en route to Naturalization starts for an alien married to a USC ? Will the three years period starts the moment the alien gets a conditional GC or the Alien has to get a unconditional GC first in order to be counted for the set 3 years period ? this question is purely out of curiosity,kindly enlighten.

according to when your green card was issued, use this calculator:

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

event.png

Timeline

thanks for your comments but folks , i am still not clear, does the 3 year period for naturalization begins after getting the Conditional GC or after lifting the Conditions and getting the unconditional Green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

3 years from the date on the original conditional 2 yr card which is what I think you're asking? Your 10 yr card actually has the same effective date as your 2 year card did (resident since...) which you may not ahve noticed. It most cases you've also obviously been married 3 yrs as well.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

3 years from the date on the original conditional 2 yr card which is what I think you're asking? Your 10 yr card actually has the same effective date as your 2 year card did (resident since...) which you may not ahve noticed. It most cases you've also obviously been married 3 yrs as well.

aah i see , now i got it.thank you

Timeline

do use the calculator though to get the exact date when you will be elegible!

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

wow , i was never aware of this calc. thank you barca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Just be careful with the calculator that you are married for 3 years before you use it. For example, if your 3 year marriage anniversary is AFTER the date you get when you use the calculator, you still cannot apply until after your 3 year marriage anniversary (I made this mistake!)

this has nothing to do with you marriage anniversary, it clearly states:

"Permanent Resident 3 or 5 Year Anniversary Date: "

it's talking about the Anniversary date on your green card which is the date it was issued, "Resident Since"!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this has nothing to do with you marriage anniversary, it clearly states:

"Permanent Resident 3 or 5 Year Anniversary Date: "

it's talking about the Anniversary date on your green card which is the date it was issued, "Resident Since"!!

In addition, you need to have been married for 3 years before you can apply.

event.png

Timeline

ok , some of the inputs have boggled me again. so , the deal is you can apply for the citizenship if you even a CGC holder but had been married for 3 years ? correct me if i am wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Married for at least 3 years, permanent resident for at least 3 years less 90 days. That's the first day you can apply. If the 90-day window opens before you have reached your third wedding anniversary, your application will not be accepted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.