Mrs_Mouse

Help w/ denial. Positive drug urine test & Stupidity

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not sure that K1 filers will have to refile. There is someone here who obtained in writing that they wont have to refile and I called USCIS and was told that even if it does expire, once it has been reviewed and requests for evidence has been approved, another approval letter will be issued with a new expiration date. I do not have that in writing, however, I am working on getting that.

God willing! My prayers are with you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry that my posts offended you, let me just say that from what you wrote it was totally unclear to me whether he did drugs once, repeatedly, whether such repeated use was disclosed or not. Please take the time to read your original post again and you will see what I am talking about. As to trolling or gaining pleasure from other people's pain, it's certainly not in my nature. I was just pointing out potential pitfalls that you may not have considered. Anyway, I'll take your advice and will stop worrying my pretty little head. Good luck.

Your initial reply to her was sarcastic in tone, so it sure appears you were trying to gain pleasure. I'm sure if it was you going through the process, and then find this out at the worst time, you wouldn't want someone cracking remarks about it when you are desperately seeking help. She just as soon wishes keep it to herself I'm sure, except she needs advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Was that sarcasm? If one person lights up a joint in a car with the windows closed, everyone in the car will test positive if they are in the car long enough. I've known people (straight A student types) that went to outdoor concerts that came back buzzed from the people around them smoking.

Power of suggestion is an amazing thing. I work for a DFWP and have done several years of training and the fact is unless you are actually a user you will not test positive in a drug test from just being around it. If someone test positive it is because they had enough levels in there system to be elavated by contact. As for getting a buzz from being around it. I know a person who was given a "joint" which was just tabacco and this person actually got high from it blood shot eyes change in personality everything just because they thought they were smoking pot.... :ot2: OP my hats off to you I think you are an amazing and strong woman. I am impressed you did not strangle your hubby for blowing it at this point but that shows a very strong love and that means you have something worth waiting for... Among the comments that you recieved I think some of the best advise was when someone said you should tell your hubby to enroll in substance abuse course that will show he is serious about his committment to stay clean and get his visa... Even if it was a one time in years it was just the wrong time and unfortunetly its going to take time... Best of luck and stay strong....

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A urine test is meant to detect habitual users. They have a 4% chance of a false positive. All they have to do to confirm if he is a casual or chronic user is re-administer the test within three weeks. Depending on the type of urine test they use if the history of marijuana use is the reason for testing then there are urine tests that should be able to detect prior use for up to 2 weeks for a casual user and possibly longer for chronic users. I suspect the reason they are requiring urine tests for the next year is to determine the compliance of the individual to desist from marijuana use. Passive inhalation from marijuana smoke by a non-user is not likely to produce a positive urine test. Since some passive inhalation does occur minimum sensitivity limits are established by the testing laboratory. He'll have to abstain from drug use and give clean results for the next year to meet their requirements as they've said. Otherwise he may receive a life time ban as others have stated that this has happened in several cases and you don't want to mess around with Casa. I'm sorry you're going through this and your relationship is being tested. As someone who's been there myself I know how difficult it is to be apart for years waiting on the visa process and maintain a long distance marriage. You're visa should be on hold at the Embassy and there isn't anything that I know of other than the urine tests that will have to be submitted. Our process stayed at the Embassy level for several years on hold and we didn't have to file or do anything else until it was time. I send you both my best wishes in your process. (F)

Edited by Dr. A ♥ O

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

He tried marijuana once as a teen and now the urine test is positive? Uhm, I'm no doctor, but it seems like he has a lot of liquid retention...

and he also smoked 30 days or less before the test. If he is in a car with other people smoking weed means he also smoked some weed.

cut and dry. the chances are 99% + he smoked POT and knows it.

live and learn. :bonk:

Filed: Timeline

One post has been removed, though many others should join it. Please stop the judgmental and accusatory comments and responses. This is your one and only warning. Any further such comments or responses will result in a thread ban and/or a closing of the topic. Thank you.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP hasn't updated her timeline past the NOA2 point, and she hasn't logged on to VJ for nearly 4 months. It's unclear whether you'll get an answer.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Am I the only one who had no problem reading from the OP that her husband smoked weed during the going away party before the medical? I don't understand.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Closing 1 year old thread.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.