32 posts in this topic

Timeline

I've been here in the US for almost 6 years now, me and wife dated since we were 16 years old, I left her with our son November 2006, and went to visit them twice 2009 and 2011, It was hard to save money and see them every year coz I have to send my wife allowance for their daily needs and pay her nursing school and at the same time my son goes to school too, the agony being away from them almost kills me, it feels like you are in jail you wake up in the morning go to work,gym and home, you already know what you gonna do everyday, what you did today is the same thing you did yesterday and you will do tomorrow, I never thought we will not make it. but we are now almost at the end of this journey, I cant wait to be with them.

So I'm sure you things will be fine with you.

Only two visits? I really admire you.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only two visits? I really admire you.

If i can do it twice a year I could have, but that requires tons of dollars :wacko:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2006-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2012-02-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-02-03

I-130 RFE : NO RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : NO RFE

I-130 Approved : 2012-05-29

NVC Received : 2012-06-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-06-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-06-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-07-05

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Pay IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-07-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-24

NVC Left : 2012-07-24

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-07-31

Interview Date : 2012-09- 11

I work as much as possible, every day I possibly can. When I am not working I am working on my house or in the yard, working out, surfing, etc.

The key is to keep yourself as busy as possible but at the same time not forgetting what it feels like to be near them. At least for me.

I am fortunate in the fact that I have been able to visit my wife at least once every 2 months since she had to leave the US. I'm not saving much money but it's worth it for our sanity.

Best of luck and find what works for you.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

23 days since submitting the petition. Really miss hubby and really want to spend time with him physically. It feels like our life is on hold . How you all get over that feeling ?!

I totally agree with everyone on here… I started to paint my front porch because it gives me something to do every day when I get home from work… it makes the days go by and I feel like I’m doing it for “us” not just for me…

Try to think positive and on the bright side =) …. My fiancé said to me just today that he doesn’t think he can wait any longer for this process to end… and I told him just hang in there, there is an end to this process and it’s going to be soon than we think…

We are all here for you so just keep posting and we will keep replying =)

Rachel & Tom <3

Thank you everyone ! Let hope we a get through this quickly .. And never have to go through anything with US immigration department again .

Cheers to that!

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I feel so sorry you have to wait, more Skype time required.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

i really miss my hubby!!! and i feel like it will take a long wait!! sometimes i get so scared!! but i know that time will fly and soon i'll be holding my love!

Edited by chris and laura

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

First, God plays a huge role! Trusting in Him to lead this journey really helps! Secondly, don't stop living! Do the things you enjoy, hang out with friends, go out , or whatever it is that makes YOU happy. Make plans for the adjustment, places you wish to take him once he arrives, personally I love tackling a room at a time to get our house prepared for his arrival and also planning a traditional wedding which we missed out on. All because it makes me happy :). Try not to focus on the hours, days, months etc. As it will really drag you down when you do so. Live in the moments of love and life! On hold doesn't mean stopping, it's simply a delay, nothing more, nothing less. :)

Wonderful comment!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As long as you're busy and moving about, it helps to take your mind off of the feeling. The minute you pause everything comes flooding back. Get your cry on, yell, scream, get ugly with it & pull yourself back together. Research the forums, read old and new to prepare for what's to come. The feeling won't leave until he's here.

IR1/CR1 Visa is directly proportionate to Passion and Luck until you become psycho with huge mental stress. When you will become psycho you will be no more eligible for IR1/CR1 visa. :crying: Anyway I am kidding. We all here waiting for our golden days with hubby are going through a lot of pain and giving hardest exam of passion. Dreaming the heaven at the end of this visa journey make us alive and will also you. Best of luck

an1cMoo0g410000MTAwNzY0M3wzOTA0OTM5NDRkbGF8SW50ZXJ2aWV3IGFmdGVy.gif

sbuwda6l6ki.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

23 days since submitting the petition. Really miss hubby and really want to spend time with him physically. It feels like our life is on hold . How you all get over that feeling ?!

I know how you feel, I miss my hubby as well. Every day he says....All is well !!! I repeat this daily, I know in the end it will be a joyous occasion. Hang in there.

Hi, snowbird :) i understand what you feel, me and my hubby haven't seen each other since june 2010, so it's been 2 years, sometimes it makes me cry when i want to be with him, but there's nothing we can do but to wait patiently, he filed the petition last june, and i'm very much excited to receive the noa2. one of the vj members received their noa2 for only 72 days and the nvc already got their case, i'm hoping that our case will be just like that. as for now we're always on skype, we chat a lot, sometimes we watch movie, play online games, we sleep together on skype, watch him preparing for work, things like that haha <3 i miss him...

Goodluck to you and Godbless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.