32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think for me -- you just realize that the wait is worth it in the end -- and it won't be forever. Hang in there and good luck xx

I totally agree with you. It will be worth the wait and it goes by a lot faster than you think. Once you get the NOA2, things start moving really fast.

~K1 Visa~
March 10, 2012 - Mailed I-129F
March 15, 2012 - NOA1 received
July 24, 2012 – NOA2 received
July 30, 2012 - NVC Received
August 2, 2012 - NVC sent case to Embassy
August 3, 2012 - Embassy received
August 8, 2012 - Packet 3 received
August 16, 2012 – Received interview date
August 17, 2012 - Packet 4 received
August 17, 2012 - Received medical exam date
August 23, 2012 - Medical exam (PASSED)
September 7, 2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
September 21, 2012 - Visa Received
October 4, 2012 - POE (Miami)

October 19, 2012 - Applied for ssn & driver's permit

October 26, 2012 - Received restricted ssn

December 26, 2012 - Got driver's license using I-94
December 28, 2012 - Got married

~AOS~
February 19, 2013 - Mailed AOS package
February 27, 2013 - Email confirmation of AOS package received
March 7, 2013 - NOA received
March 19, 2013 - Post office returned biometrics appt letter saying it was undeliverable
April 12, 2013 - Appt at local USCIS office/Biometrics appt letter received at local office
April 12, 2013 - Biometrics Appt
April 19, 2013 - Online status says interview date was scheduled and notice was mailed out
April 22, 2013 - NOA received for Interview

May 7, 2013 - EAD & AP was approved
May 23, 2013 - AOS Interview (APPROVED)

May 29, 2013 - Received welcome notice letter

June 1, 2013 - Received greencard

June 3, 2013 - Got driver's license using GC

June 10, 2013 - Received EAD & AP

~ROC~

May 23, 2013 - Became a US Resident

February 22, 2015 - Earliest accepted filing date for ROC

May 23, 2015 - Conditional residency expires

The wait is horrible, but at the end it will be all worth it.... Try to keep your mind occupied don't think about the process so much as though that is hard to do for anyone, and take this time to do something you've always wanted to do, and be more proactive on everything you do. Weather is gather information about the process, familiarize yourself with all the forms, reading and getting the knowledge you will need to move on forward with each stage of the process. Above all having patience cause you will need it!!!

Good Luck!

~* GodsGift225*~

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

23 days since submitting the petition. Really miss hubby and really want to spend time with him physically. It feels like our life is on hold . How you all get over that feeling ?!

Hey Snowbird! I know exactly how you feel. Got married to my hubby in December, sent the petition in March and it has been a LONG 5 months. Just know that you two love each other and maybe try to do some things to take your mind off missing each other. My hubby and I start planning camping trips, looking for our dream house (although we can't afford it), and other things just to bond, spend time together and mostly forget about the distance between us. It will get better soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Keep as busy as you can and try to talk on skype or FB chat or YM regularly.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hey Snowbird! I know exactly how you feel. Got married to my hubby in December, sent the petition in March and it has been a LONG 5 months. Just know that you two love each other and maybe try to do some things to take your mind off missing each other. My hubby and I start planning camping trips, looking for our dream house (although we can't afford it), and other things just to bond, spend time together and mostly forget about the distance between us. It will get better soon!

That's too funny about you planning trips.....I think we have planned to travel to pretty much everywhere!! And what we will do for the first Christmas, Thanksgiving even Halloween!!! We have also looked at houses and where we want to live.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First, God plays a huge role! Trusting in Him to lead this journey really helps! Secondly, don't stop living! Do the things you enjoy, hang out with friends, go out , or whatever it is that makes YOU happy. Make plans for the adjustment, places you wish to take him once he arrives, personally I love tackling a room at a time to get our house prepared for his arrival and also planning a traditional wedding which we missed out on. All because it makes me happy :). Try not to focus on the hours, days, months etc. As it will really drag you down when you do so. Live in the moments of love and life! On hold doesn't mean stopping, it's simply a delay, nothing more, nothing less. :)

TracyJo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

23 days since submitting the petition. Really miss hubby and really want to spend time with him physically. It feels like our life is on hold . How you all get over that feeling ?!

In our case, visits really helped cut down on the loneliness. As others have said, Skype is also a great tool.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been here in the US for almost 6 years now, me and wife dated since we were 16 years old, I left her with our son November 2006, and went to visit them twice 2009 and 2011, It was hard to save money and see them every year coz I have to send my wife allowance for their daily needs and pay her nursing school and at the same time my son goes to school too, the agony being away from them almost kills me, it feels like you are in jail you wake up in the morning go to work,gym and home, you already know what you gonna do everyday, what you did today is the same thing you did yesterday and you will do tomorrow, I never thought we will not make it. but we are now almost at the end of this journey, I cant wait to be with them.

So I'm sure you things will be fine with you.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2006-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2012-02-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-02-03

I-130 RFE : NO RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : NO RFE

I-130 Approved : 2012-05-29

NVC Received : 2012-06-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-06-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-06-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-07-05

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Pay IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-07-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-24

NVC Left : 2012-07-24

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-07-31

Interview Date : 2012-09- 11

I've been very spoiled. Me no likey to wait! But I try to stay busy. I email a long letter every night, we text throughout the day. Weekends are the most difficult.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

I totally understand, I got married 29 days ago and miss my darling husband every minute yet we still have a long wait ahead.

Could you try a trip over? I know its not a sure thing but theres a chance you will get granted entry!!

Otherwise lots of Skype calls,emails and stay focused on the end goal......arriving at your POE and running into your loved ones arms knowing you don't have to say goodbye at the end of your trip!!!!!Huge hugs to everyone seperated right now. (F)

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.