More+Muyi

Is scanned Affidavit of Support acceptable?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am an April filer, and I have not received my NOA2. I am just trying to prepare for the later stages of this process. With that said, I am wondering if it is necessary to submit the original affidavit of support or if it is acceptable to submit a scanned version. The reason I am asking is because my fiancee is in Nigeria and sending mail to Nigeria is very unreliable, and he might not get the documents. The alternative is to use UPS, which is ridiculously expensive. Is there any information about this on VJ ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think you can send the original directly to the consulate where the interview will take place. We got a 221g in Stockholm to send the original before they would send the visa. So I would guess they are likely to want the original.

Our Visa Journey
2007 - Met on online forums and became friends, started chatting on MSN.
2009 - Became 'boyfriend & girlfriend' and started discussing me (Anna) going to the US to visit.
2010 summer - Went to the US for the first time, stayed for a month.
Got engaged july 26th 2010.
2011 - Visited for the second time, stayed 2 months.

The K-1 Journey
2011-11-01 Sent in the I129F
2011-11-09 NOA1
2012-03-23 NOA2
2012-04-16 packet 3 received
2012-06-07 packet 3 sent
2012-06-14 packet 4 received
2012-07-18 Interview, got 221g to send in original signed I-134 (they kept passport)
2012-08-01 Visa Received
2012-08-26 Going to the US (POE will be Chicago, Ill.)
2012-09-09 Married

The AOS Journey
2012-11-01 Sent in I-485, I-131, and I-765 with all payments made.
2012-11-07 Got text NOA for all three.
2012-11-07 Bill paid (Shown taken out of account)
2012-11-09 NOA1 Hardcopy received for all three.
2012-11-29 Biometrics Appointment

2013-07-10 I-485 approved

2013-07-15 Green card production ordered

2013-07-16 Green card mailed

2013-07-29 Green card recieved

Hello Everyone,

I am an April filer, and I have not received my NOA2. I am just trying to prepare for the later stages of this process. With that said, I am wondering if it is necessary to submit the original affidavit of support or if it is acceptable to submit a scanned version. The reason I am asking is because my fiancee is in Nigeria and sending mail to Nigeria is very unreliable, and he might not get the documents. The alternative is to use UPS, which is ridiculously expensive. Is there any information about this on VJ ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

All signatures MUST be original so a scanned copy or a photocopy is not acceptable. Given that the mail is unreliable and you are going thru one of the hardest Embassy's in the world, might I suggest that you hand carry the documents as this is the most reliable method of them arriving, plus it will help show the IO that your relationship is bona fide. We sent all documents via FedEx at about $100 per shipment and about 8 days for them to clear customs in Kazakhstan.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

All signatures MUST be original so a scanned copy or a photocopy is not acceptable. Given that the mail is unreliable and you are going thru one of the hardest Embassy's in the world, might I suggest that you hand carry the documents as this is the most reliable method of them arriving, plus it will help show the IO that your relationship is bona fide. We sent all documents via FedEx at about $100 per shipment and about 8 days for them to clear customs in Kazakhstan.

Good luck,

Dave

:thumbs:

No scanned copy of the I-134. It must have the original signature on it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There have been RFE's issued for scanned affidavits of support. It's best to have an original signature to present. Overnighting documents is just one of the costs of the immigration process.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

better get it all original guys :) goodluck!!

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

scanned? I always thought 'not acceptable' as this is an official government form, with original signature requirement.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.