xina

Vawa and prostitution

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't think it's fraud. Coz I am also in same situation. I don't have permanent card yet. We file for green card but he got arrested for pulling out knife at me. I am the 3rd girl from the same family. I been married for 20 months. He is abusive and a bad person I ever meet in my life. I am also filing for vawa if it gets approved that's fine if not its ok too

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove profanity and information not relevant to the OP's post

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

xisa if you have proof of abuse you suffered you can file form I-360, just your own statement is not enough, if you suffered physical abuse you need to submit police record, restraining order and it will help if you send hospital records showing you were treated for injuries due the abuse,psychological report as well, shelter papers ,pictures of the injuries, if you suffered mental abuse you need to submit a psychological evaluation and report from your counselor, affidavits from friends stating he abuse you suffered, as I said if you have proof you may have your Vawa approved.

I don't know all details of your situation, but he forced you to work as a prostitute you qualify for U visa and you must help the prosecutor to put him in jail.If you want to give me more details just send a private message ok.I own a non profit organization who helps victims of domestic violence.

Timeline

Yes I do have proof of all the police and hospital record. No I never been a prostituted. My husband calls me ####### though. Glad I am not with him. I am going through vawa right now and everything is going ok except for my parents coz he posted that things all over Internet. I will be fine but I feel so sorry for me. He has 0 people to help and no family except he got million dollar. I don't care his money. My life and family is important to me. I just need some suggestion to move forward in my life. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Edited by Kathryn41

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing inappropriate comments derailing OP's thread has been removed along with post quoting same. Two other posts have been edited to remove profanity and to remove reference to a comment in one of the removed posts.

Please restrict your comments to the question asked by the OP rather than introducing a new subject matter. Also, do not use profanity when you post regardless of how angry or upset you are or the posts will be removed or severely edited.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

XINA find some non profit organization to help with your Vawa. Get police certificate from your home Country and from USA as well.It's mandatory to send to USCIS together with form I-360 to show good moral character. Find some free psychologist /counselor and star doing some therapy/counseling it will help your case.If you don't have a place to stay find a shelter who helps victims of domestic violence and stay there for a while, they will help you with some referrals to see a psychologist, a lawyer. Do you have a restraining order against him?did you submit the forms for your adjustment of status or not?.

Timeline

Sorry for the inappropriate word. Just can't controll my self. May be I am the only one going through these problem in this planet. I know there are lots of man and women who has been abused but like me I guess not. Yes the court finally called me for protective order. My husband been threatening me in the mail that he is going to do something illegal. I reported that to women shelter. He is going to court today still don't know what happend to him but that guy is so crazy. I am so scared and stress out.

Timeline

Already submitted the forms but just need to send letter for good moral character. Got my work authorization with in a month. I am happy for that. Well I do need some medication to controll my anger and I get depressed so easy even for tiny little things. What should I do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So that means I can't even share how I feel? What's wrong with these people. You don't like it because you haven't gone through what I have gone.

We don't like it because vulgar language isn't needed to get your point across and I certainly skipped over your post because half of it was "####".

Already submitted the forms but just need to send letter for good moral character. Got my work authorization with in a month. I am happy for that. Well I do need some medication to controll my anger and I get depressed so easy even for tiny little things. What should I do?

Look for therapists in your area that offer sliding scale sessions. They will base their cost on your income. Some even may provide therapy for free. You should speak with someone who can help you through the anger and dealing with your emotions.

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Timeline

I probably need to do that and it's very important for me and other people life. I just hate to take medicine but now I am really happy. Slowly slowly getting my papers done and not fight with anyone. While I was with my husband we fight everyday and it was horrible. I am glad that I am no more with weirdo. But going through therapist will really help me in the future. Thank you for advice

Timeline

Going through vawa right now. Everything going great except for the part my abusive husband might lie to uscis saying I am a prostitute. He is not one of the normal guy . He just likes his wife ###### my lots of people and show off his wife that means me to guys for extra attension. Probably he got thousand of videos and pictures. He will try to do anything to kiss me out of this country after doing lots of nasty things. Can someone prove he or she is a prostitute only with the videos of sex when there is no money involve and it was done for his own enjoyment ? Is it good idea to hire a lawyer and stop him from saying and doing that? Any help will be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.