MenFaith

Fiance visa denied can i apply tourist visa?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I need a little bit advise on my tourist visa application, my fiance visa was denied last year and since then me and my fiance is living together in my country , coz i could not go over to USA, now here is the thing she wanted to visit her family back in usa and we want to go together for a visit and then come back to my country and even my fiance mother would be ok to come over to my country and we all three go for my tourist visa.

do i have any chance of getting it? plus once me and my fiance come back from USA to my country i am going to apply fiance visa again.

also does embassies allow USA family to go with the visa aplicant during the interview?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They can go to the embassy it is doubtfull they will get let in to the interview. Chances are you will not get a visa. They will see it as an attempt to enter the US to adjust status. It would be your job to prove otherwise.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You will interview alone.

I would think it is doubtful that you would obtain a tourist visa as you've been denied a fiance visa. You've shown immigrant intent in the past and it would be assumed that is still true.

What country? What reasons were given for the visa denial.

Also, don't do anything stupid such as not mentioning the prior visa application. That can result in a long term ban to entry.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Hi All,

I need a little bit advise on my tourist visa application, my fiance visa was denied last year and since then me and my fiance is living together in my country , coz i could not go over to USA, now here is the thing she wanted to visit her family back in usa and we want to go together for a visit and then come back to my country and even my fiance mother would be ok to come over to my country and we all three go for my tourist visa.

do i have any chance of getting it? plus once me and my fiance come back from USA to my country i am going to apply fiance visa again.

also does embassies allow USA family to go with the visa aplicant during the interview?

Thanks.

You have to show strong ties to your home country. If your fiancee has set up residence in the foreign county that may help your case, but it is more about what do you have in your home country that will draw you back to it. For example property, family, a job, etc. Having connections to the US will actually hurt your case as the IO always assumes that a person is going to immigrate and you have to prove them wrong. Why was the fiancee visa denied? That might have some bearing on how difficult it is to get a tourist visa. You will never know unless you apply and all you have to loose is the visa application fee.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Generally speaking, tourist visas are only given to people whom the consular officer is absolutely, rock-solid certain beyond a shadow of a doubt will not want to stay in the US. If they know you have an American fiancee, that will really hurt your chances [and they will, since they'll have full access to your fiance visa application records.] Your only hope will be to show that both your and your fiancee have massive ties to where you are living now, and no possible intention or even the slightest interest to stay in the US. Even at that, it's dicey. If your country is significantly poorer than the US or Western Europe, it may be almost impossible to get a tourist visa, even without these other issues.

Regarding your future reapplication, a lot depends on why your fiance visa was denied. Do you know precisely why your fiance visa application was denied before? Unless you have directly and specifically resolved whatever caused them to deny you before, they will deny you again, for sure.

Some embassies will allow the US citizen fiancee in to the fiancee visa interview. I have never heard of other family members being allowed in, or of family members being allowed in for tourist visa interviews.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Thanks all, i am working in Singapore from past 5 years and my USC fiance is living with me from last 4 months, i have her 2 years dependent visa so that she can stay with me as long as i am in Singapore , i do not have enough ties in singapore, so shall i apply fiance visa rather than going for a tourist visa?

my fiancee mother is planning to visit us this year end so we thought to give a try for tourist visa although for sure we will apply my fiance visa again and all this was even suggested to her by a american attorney as well.

reason for a fiance visa denial was i did not show bonefied relationship, i just do not understand what that is and how i can show that to them, can i buy it somewhere ? or can i pay it to usa embassy so that they can sit in Aircon chambers,,,,, cubicals and just enjoy our love stories and in the end say your denied?!.

that was the reasons my girl has to come over to live with me leaving behind her families hope these so called VO would stop entering some bad people to US one day, i would love to hear my denial 100000 times if they can atleast deny to one potential american threat one day!

me my fiancee and her mom have been talking to USCIS for almost past 4 months they have not updated my returned petition status on their website and when we call them every time we go to hear that case will be closed , we can apply a new fiance application .and guess what we are suffering if fiance visa was for that? . love u USCIS with hug to US embassy!, bless us please!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The good news is that it is actually possible to get tourist visas from Singapore (assuming you can show strong ties and no intention to immigrate, which may be difficult in your case).

The better news is that since your fiancee is living with you in Singapore, it should be significantly easier to show a bonafide relationship on your next fiance visa application.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

With a denied k-1, your chances decrease dramatically for a tourist visa. Having a US citizen fiancée and having immigrant intent as evidenced by the recent k-1 petition will work against you.

You will interview alone for a tourist visa. A tourist visa is only about you and why you would leave the US after a brief trip. US citizens vouching for you will not be accepted. Your fiancée and her mother cannot help you get a tourist visa. In fact, it could hurt you if the CO thinks that you plan to use the tourist visa as an run around the denied k-1.

Seriously.....I wouldn't even bother to apply for a tourist visa...you've showed immigrant intent, and chances are you'll be denied.

Save yourself the time and money.... reapply for the fiance visa. there's a much stronger chance you'll get that especially as you're living together now.

Good luck!!

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Chances of denial on tourist visa are very high, you can apply for fiancé or Spouse visa. Chances of that are good as now you have proof of living together in Singapore…. But 4 months is not very long one living together for a year would definitely solidify your case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

it might help to get married and apply for spouse visa but as said above living for such a short time is not going to help much...good luck though

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

It is much harder to get a tourist visa than a fiance visa. My husband applied for that first before we married. They denied him very fast. They will just keep taking your money. Only 2 things you can do. Reapply for fiance visa or get married and apply for I-130 petition. I wish you lots of luck! I am currently waiting for a visa interview for my husband.

Besmir & Sabrina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.