georgeramsaran

US Citizen Wants Divorce From Conditional Permanent Residence

125 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So she got served today because she called and left me a voicemail of how can I do that... And also I saw her at grocery store but she didn't see me, and she looks as if she got beaten.. And I think by her X.... She always told me he was abusive that's why they broke up, but yet she left me and went back... Maybe she likes the beaten /whopping ..

Is that all she said? How could you do that? I'm not saying this to be mean, but seriously, is she not very smart?

I'm sorry for posting here everyone , I just wanted some advice, sorry wont be posting any more .. Thanks for all advice it was very helpfull in assisting me.

I don't want anyone to think that I'm playing games

Please don't let that person bother you. They are just ignorant of the legal process of divorce in your state.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Filed: Timeline

I left for work at 8AM (choice was go in to work to provide for family or head straight to Barristers office to file for divorce), Ex walked in to Barristers office at 9AM (guess what choice she made - lol) and I got served at work at 1PM. It matters who files first, contrary to popular opinion on VJ, when children and property are involved. Possession is nine tenths of the law especially when both parties are ready for the divorce phase so Barristers can move very fast.

I continue to wish you luck Sir, don't stop posting (it could be good and cheap therapy) and most importantly since the Wife has a new love be careful of being setup.

Obviously your wife has been brainwashed. Why is she asking for money now after you receive your GC? She knew you are a great person and went through the process with you. NOW she's looking for a way to get money out of you? That's ridiculous!I absolutely hate how some USC think its cute to take advantage of immigrants who just want to have a better life in this country. My dear I wouldn't worry too much, if she threatens to divorce you, which she did. Tell her to go right ahead and do it. I'm sure it cost money to do that! My advise to you. Don't even give her a dime for staying married because she will probably try to use it against you. Be Smart!!

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why are you playing games with ppl on this board, if you file yesterday for a div, there was no way she was served today.

one's own individual experience may not reflect reality in all situations. as shown by gowon (excellent post, btw) it can happen on the same day. so please cease being hostile as it is unwarranted.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I left for work at 8AM (choice was go in to work to provide for family or head straight to Barristers office to file for divorce), Ex walked in to Barristers office at 9AM (guess what choice she made - lol) and I got served at work at 1PM. It matters who files first, contrary to popular opinion on VJ, when children and property are involved. Possession is nine tenths of the law especially when both parties are ready for the divorce phase so Barristers can move very fast.

I continue to wish you luck Sir, don't stop posting (it could be good and cheap therapy) and most importantly since the Wife has a new love be careful of being setup.

In my case, it mattered more who left the house, not who filed first. We were told no one was allowed to remove things from the house without the consent of both parties. He wouldn't consent to me taking anything (he thought that would keep me around) so I left empty handed. Even though I was the one who filed first, I never did get much of anything. Fine with me though. At least I'm happy now.

And your post made me smile, Gowon.

AOS

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

Filed: Timeline

In my case, it mattered more who left the house, not who filed first. We were told no one was allowed to remove things from the house without the consent of both parties. He wouldn't consent to me taking anything (he thought that would keep me around) so I left empty handed. Even though I was the one who filed first, I never did get much of anything. Fine with me though. At least I'm happy now.

And your post made me smile, Gowon.

Excellent support of what Charles stated, it's all about individual situations.

We had such a clause as you mentioned, it didn't stop her from holding garage sales and selling anything that wasn't nailed down. I could have fought it in court but I preferred to have my money go into my offshore account instead of to a Lawyer.

I share these stories with folks going through divorce and stuff because the sweet cute soft spoken angel that they married is not that person now. In most cases anyways.

OP should also look for another grocery store. I did, 1,500 miles away yes.gif

Timeline

Lol.. Sure will find a new grocery store... Anything to avoid... Trouble ... Cops... Or any sort of problems

Good. You'll be ok. And fortunately, you don't have kids together (you don't, right?) so when this is all over, you will never have to see her again.

AOS

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Updates, my wife just called me and said she will not sign the divorce paper un less I pay her 50,000 because she secured me in the US for 2 years, that she didn't mean to hurts but she is making up with her x boy friend ;-(

She doesn't have to sign anything.

Go talk with the clerk of the court on Monday, ask about contested divorces and the process.

He/She will probably direct you to the Law Library that's attached to the court, and the law librarian there will be your new friend, as he/she will point out the proper process on all of this.

Or you could ask your attorney about this.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Okay after research and a few calls to some attorney, I was told the divorce can be done without her and takes 3 months

Cost price for such filing is 1500

There ya go. There's yer answer. Take it and run with it.

In the meantime, you should think really hard about changing yer cell # , any landline #'s, and have all of your postal mail forwarded to a po box for the next few months. She may want to play some new games on these things, soonish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Not playing game, my lawyer got the index number and sent his associates to serve her today

I'm paying to have this done as quick as possible

And paying to have it done with out her consent, I'm not the lawyer but I'm going by what they say and she called me a couple of hrs ago and left a v-mail saying she got served

Good for you, then !

He who files as the petitioner for divorce, controls the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

She doesn't have to sign anything.

Go talk with the clerk of the court on Monday, ask about contested divorces and the process.

He/She will probably direct you to the Law Library that's attached to the court, and the law librarian there will be your new friend, as he/she will point out the proper process on all of this.

Or you could ask your attorney about this.

I did speak to my attorney .. I can have it done with

Out her signing any papers... As that's what he said as just as long it's public and wasn't an hidden divorce

Don't know and won't question him"attorney",, for he told me his brother was once in the same situation ... And he will help me and take care of everything ... He also took copies of the email I had of proof she's demanding money

Timeline

You have to do what you have to do and get it done quickly. Wish my family member had done it quickly but she was too nice.

Sorry for what u r going through but life goes on.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

You have to do what you have to do and get it done quickly. Wish my family member had done it quickly but she was too nice.

Sorry for what u r going through but life goes on.

Thank You

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.