spookyturtle

12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

144 posts in this topic

Why was there a baby in a movie theater?

To make everyone's movie experience miserable. It's just like when people bring them on airplanes and all you hear from Chicago to Frankfurt is constant crying.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

To make everyone's movie experience miserable. It's just like when people bring them on airplanes and all you hear from Chicago to Frankfurt is constant crying.

Lord, ain't that the truth !!! I really hate the flight back from Guangzhou to LAX, as the back half of my plane is filled with adopted babies and a parent or two - and they all cry. I hate it so much, I pay for being in the forward part of the plane.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Darnell, before you decided to make this personal, the point I was trying to make is that it is not always easy for university students to get mental health help.

alas - my point is, and always will be - is that it's exceptionally straightforward to get help. Yer missing that point, and it shows

I know it's more fun for you to try and make me look like a floor sweeper, but that's OK. It just shows how disjointed you are from the real issues.

- fun? No, I asked about yer position in that humongous mental health organization that you work for. I did NOT say you were a floor sweeper, and I never alluded to any position that might put you in that strata. You wrongly inferred that I'm making some attempt to make you appear to be less than you truly are. This wrong inference speaks volumes, when yer not speaking volumes, and it shows.

As to the 'real' issues - for this shooter, at the theatre in Aurora - here's the Real Issue: No one around him was carrying a pistol. He walked out alive instead of being shot after the first 4 seconds of shooting.

Another issue , which I've addressed obliquely with you (alas) is the concept of him being 'found' in some mental screening done at his local university. I've not mentioned this before - I've only mentioned 'walk in' on one's own volition. He didn't walk in anywhere, and he was notice-ably absent for any screening event ....

Look - If you truly feel that I'm attacking you, your background, your life experiences - I'm dreadfully sorry - I'm truly not attacking anything. I know it can read that way - but I've no interest in attacking you, yer background, or your son's experience at his university. . . You made that an issue, and I'm telling ya - yer posits and experiences are miniscule, compared to what actually goes on at universities.

I have to question your posit, in toto, because it goes totally against the real-world at all universities in the USA. I do mean 4 year-degree-granting universities, btw...

So - are we to spar more? I hope not - I've no interest to be disengenuous to your life experiences...

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

OK, so 200 people in 13 years... Oh the horror....

I'm sure you'd feel the same if it was Vanessa.

That's about 200 too many.

Honestly, I think you just practice for your radio time on us poor fools here at VJ. No one could possibly be as callous as you are unless it's for money.

It's an act. He likes pretending like he's a tough guy on the internet.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

As to the 'real' issues - for this shooter, at the theatre in Aurora - here's the Real Issue: No one around him was carrying a pistol. He walked out alive instead of being shot after the first 4 seconds of shooting.

Another issue , which I've addressed obliquely with you (alas) is the concept of him being 'found' in some mental screening done at his local university. I've not mentioned this before - I've only mentioned 'walk in' on one's own volition. He didn't walk in anywhere, and he was notice-ably absent for any screening event ....

Look - If you truly feel that I'm attacking you, your background, your life experiences - I'm dreadfully sorry - I'm truly not attacking anything. I know it can read that way - but I've no interest in attacking you, yer background, or your son's experience at his university. . . You made that an issue, and I'm telling ya - yer posits and experiences are miniscule, compared to what actually goes on at universities.

I have to question your posit, in toto, because it goes totally against the real-world at all universities in the USA. I do mean 4 year-degree-granting universities, btw...

So - are we to spar more? I hope not - I've no interest to be disengenuous to your life experiences...

How do you know the guy didn't try to get mental health help? Do you know him? Do you know how the psych department at his school operates? Do you know if they do intake 24/7?

And as "fer" disingenous, I think you should look that word up. Because that's what you just were.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

1How do you know the guy didn't try to get mental health help? 2 Do you know him? 3 Do you know how the psych department at his school operates? 4 Do you know if they do intake 24/7?

1. No Published Documentation. All the Media bid for it, upwards of 2 mil USD. No Entity Had Any.

2. Nope.

3. Yup.

4. Yup.

Another problem, alas, is that he's an 'off-campus student' - many things available to the campus populace are lost, for him.

Edited by Darnell

1. No Published Documentation. All the Media bid for it, upwards of 2 mil USD. No Entity Had Any.

2. Nope.

3. Yup.

4. Yup.

1. Protected Health Information. Not going to be released. To. Anyone.

2. What I thought.

3. Good for you.

4. Bet it's Crisis and not Intake.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

1. Protected Health Information. Not going to be released. To. Anyone.

2. What I thought.

3. Good for you.

4. Bet it's Crisis and not Intake.

PHI levies are less than 2 mil. No One bit - as there's no information available. He's not had any intake.

Look - I suggested that we truly aren't sparring. You've picked it up, and are running with it.

Why?

Timeline

Meanwhile - back on topic. (Thanks, Ms. Jo, for the romp - I can't say it was fun. Thanks for bowing out though - I really appreciate the act of kindness that you've done.)

Look, the shooter fell through the cracks. His parents, his first uni, his second uni, his part time job stuff -

NO ONE caught the fact that he's a loon.

He just 'flipped off' and did the deed. With no one watching him prior - who was responsible for his actions?

Edited by Darnell

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Under Review

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Topic re-opened after review, many posts removed. Stay on topic, stay civil, and no personal attacks or threadbans and suspensions may follow. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Those of us who've been here for both incidents can tell the difference, and it's big.

Pray tell? What is the difference? 2 nuts walk into a high school and kill. One nut walks into a move theater and kills. BTW I worked in south Lakewood when Columbine went down.

I lived in Aurora when I first moved to Colorado. It reminded me of Detroit except the crack was more expensive.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.