Nikknak

Any strippers ever tried to get a work visa? Even possible?

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So I'm curious if a strip club would be able to sponsor a seasonal non agricultural worker?

I have a friend from Mexico who really wants to come work at the strip clubs in the US. 6 Months of working here (Much better conditions) and she could pay off the last 2 years of her degree.

Please leave judgements at the door, she has had a rough life and is taking care of herself and her 3 little sisters the only way she can.

If not being sponsored by a strip club, are there any other avenues she could legally work in the US?

Other info- She speaks fluent english, and is going to college right now to become a grade school teacher.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

So I'm curious if a strip club would be able to sponsor a seasonal non agricultural worker?

I have a friend from Mexico who really wants to come work at the strip clubs in the US. 6 Months of working here (Much better conditions) and she could pay off the last 2 years of her degree.

Please leave judgements at the door, she has had a rough life and is taking care of herself and her 3 little sisters the only way she can.

If not being sponsored by a strip club, are there any other avenues she could legally work in the US?

Other info- She speaks fluent english, and is going to college right now to become a grade school teacher.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

A performer can enter the US on a temporary basis on a P visa. There is no reason she would not be able to do so. She may - IMHO - wish to check the credentials of any potential employer so that she does not fall prey to the many schemes involving human trafficking.

Note the different categories for P visas and their requirements, so that you will know whether your friend is eligible.

source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1271.html

• P-1 Individual or Team Athletes, or Members of an Entertainment group that are internationally recognized (25,000);
  • P-2 Artists or Entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program;
  • P-3 Artists or Entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I'll agree with Gegel on this one. With a reputable employer, P visa seems to be the best bet.

Wow thanks a ton guys, i'll start looking into that. I know the owner of a 5 strip clubs here in the phoenix area, all straight laced operations so shouldn't be a problem.

A performer can enter the US on a temporary basis on a P visa. There is no reason she would not be able to do so. She may - IMHO - wish to check the credentials of any potential employer so that she does not fall prey to the many schemes involving human trafficking.

Note the different categories for P visas and their requirements, so that you will know whether your friend is eligible.

source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1271.html

• P-1 Individual or Team Athletes, or Members of an Entertainment group that are internationally recognized (25,000);
  • P-2 Artists or Entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program;
  • P-3 Artists or Entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique

Hmm, just not sure if a stripper would fall into any of those categories...

Timeline

Hmm, just not sure if a stripper would fall into any of those categories...

Maybe not all strippers would but some exotic dancers might. In the entertainment industry some lines are not black and white...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

She also is only seeking employment for a limited duration, and is not worried about being able to stay in the US indefinitely. Would an I-94 allow her to work with her visa?

No, the I-94 would be precisely what she must not use, if she plans to work in the US. If she gets caught working without a permit she will be banned from entering the US for a long time.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Hmm I see.

What about the J-1 Visitor "Summer Work" visa. Since she is attending a university in Mexico for her degree, she could visit between semesters and work? Are there huge sponsorship costs associated with that?

She may come with a J-1 but not as a stripper nor would she be able to perform, which does not sweeten the pot a bit.

check this out: http://j1visa.state.gov/

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Sheesh. Never realized it was so difficult to just come to America and work for a bit.

It's extremely hard unless you have some specialized skill which is in high demand and low supply.

There are millions of unemployed people in the US, and these laws are in place to not make that number higher.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Maybe not all strippers would but some exotic dancers might. In the entertainment industry some lines are not black and white...

I'm honestly curious as to the thinking behind this. "Have her incorporate a sombrero into her routine and call it culturally unique?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She's Mexican from Mexico, right?

Check into the TN-1 visa, soonish.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.