Nikknak

Any strippers ever tried to get a work visa? Even possible?

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Can an independent contractor obtain an employment visa? As I understand it most strippers work as independent contractors and their pay is derived mosty from tips.

HOw does the employment visa work? Does an employer have to sponser the applicant? Wouldn't any strip club classifies their strippers as independent contractos be eliminated as potential sponsers?

In that regard, do the examiners have any discretion to deny the stripper applicant that otherwise qualifies for an employment visa?

The discretion of the examiners is limited to the guidelines applicable to the category of visa the applicant/sponsor are seeking. Each case is different.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would have thought an O1 is possible as well.

Has she discussed this with her Agent/ Management Company?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How reputable does your act need to be to obtain a P visa though? If I'm in a band here in AUS and we want to do a US tour is that a possibility?

good.gif I admire your spirit!

The criteria are probably on the state.gov website.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ask your Management Company.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Haha no she is not a "sex worker" MuDelphi, she is an adult entertainer/dancer/model. And yeah the strip clubs are ALWAYS looking for more good looking girls to work.

Yes, there is abuse in this industry but there are also reputable operations that follow the law to a T.

Anyone have any experience with obtaining a "P" visa?

And what was the "soonish" visa option?

Thank you again everyone for the help/opinions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanted to add that when I still worked for the Member of Parliament in Canada we worked with quite a number of foreign women from a variety of countries who obtained legitimate work visas to perform as adult entertainers or exotic dancers - ie. in strip clubs. ( Most of our work was in regards to visa renewals). Canada has the same requirements before a non-Canadian is hired and there was never any problem for these clubs to prove that there were not enough Canadians willing to work as exotic dancers. These girls were not sex workers, they were dancers, and many of them chose this route as a way to make money to afford an education, or to break out of the poverty back home. It was a means to 'better' their circumstances in life. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that there are not enough American women willing to do the work as well. There seems to be a fairly large demand for this type of entertainer and while many might find it unsavoury, sometimes it is hard to appreciate the need that will drive a woman to take this sort of job as the means to an end unless you have found yourself in similar survival or poverty type situations.

Dancing naked in a strip club is designed to appeal to prurient interest may be called exotic or art but it's about titilation and sexual stimulation. I hope our government has better things to do that to deal with visa applications for "exotic" dancers.

Women take this because it is high pay for not much work. I'm not meaning to seem harsh but in my opinion little good comes to society from this type of entertainment and the service centers have enough to deal with as it is.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

All that which you say may be correct. Acting falls within the same category and yet many foreign thespians find their ways to our shores, with their P visas on hand, despite the fact Los Angeles is littered with young American actors as qualified, if not more so, than some of the imports.

I should not presume it to be a walk in the park for a Mexican stripper to get an entertainment visa, but before the law, her work is no different than that of any other performer.

Acting is very different from stripping. Acting is widely accepted as an art form. Stripping is not widely accepted as an art form.

If acting was similar to stripping, then the Oscars and the Adult Video News awards are similar. Not.

There are lots of well known foreign actors who are acclaimed. There are not many famous strippers. Hiring Jackie Chan, Javiar Barbem, or Penelope Cruz is very different from from hiring an unknown stripper. To get a P visa, these actors are considered unique. How is an unknown stripper unique?

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Your statement that "before the law, her work is no different than that of any other performer" is just plain wrong. Not all performers are the same. Certain professions are accorded more respect than others.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I just wanted to add that when I still worked for the Member of Parliament in Canada we worked with quite a number of foreign women from a variety of countries who obtained legitimate work visas to perform as adult entertainers or exotic dancers - ie. in strip clubs. ( Most of our work was in regards to visa renewals). Canada has the same requirements before a non-Canadian is hired and there was never any problem for these clubs to prove that there were not enough Canadians willing to work as exotic dancers. These girls were not sex workers, they were dancers, and many of them chose this route as a way to make money to afford an education, or to break out of the poverty back home. It was a means to 'better' their circumstances in life. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that there are not enough American women willing to do the work as well. There seems to be a fairly large demand for this type of entertainer and while many might find it unsavoury, sometimes it is hard to appreciate the need that will drive a woman to take this sort of job as the means to an end unless you have found yourself in similar survival or poverty type situations.

Canada is very different from the US.

The US is a puritan society. Nudity is viewed very differently in the US when compared to other Western countries.

While it is common for to have topless beaches in most of Europe, it is practically unheard of in the US.

While European TV has shown women in bras for ages, it has only happen in the US in the last 20 years.

People in the US tend to view nudity as sexual. Recall the big brouhaha over the pictures of the two military mom breastfeeding. Even breastfeeding your child is viewed as sexual in this country. Would this have caused a stir in Canada? Probably not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Canada is very different from the US.

The US is a puritan society. Nudity is viewed very differently in the US when compared to other Western countries.

While it is common for to have topless beaches in most of Europe, it is practically unheard of in the US.

While European TV has shown women in bras for ages, it has only happen in the US in the last 20 years.

People in the US tend to view nudity as sexual. Recall the big brouhaha over the pictures of the two military mom breastfeeding. Even breastfeeding your child is viewed as sexual in this country. Would this have caused a stir in Canada? Probably not.

:bonk: I think any honest person would acknowlege that most men are sexually stimulated by the sight of an attractive naked woman and go to strip clubs for sexual stimulation, not to admire an art form of "exotic" dancing.:bonk:

Timeline
1340329648[/url]' post='5471013']

Your statement that "before the law, her work is no different than that of any other performer" is just plain wrong. Not all performers are the same. Certain professions are accorded more respect than others.

I agree that not all performers are the same. I will not dispute that. However, the law in this case tends to secure a more objective stance and in that sense a performer is a performer. I cringe at the notion that somehow a magician and Meryl Streep are in the same category of performers, but that is my personal opinion and nothing more than that.

IMHO the only difference between a stripper and Penelope Cruz is about $2 million a month. Other than that, as foreign nationals both would need a visa in order to work in this country.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline
1340331196[/url]' post='5471066']

:bonk: I think any honest person would acknowlege that most men are sexually stimulated by the sight of an attractive naked woman and go to strip clubs for sexual stimulation, not to admire an art form of "exotic" dancing.:bonk:

I would agree with that. I also believe many go to strip clubs for sexual stimulation. I can only hope they have a great satisfying sexual life. Incidentally, many find going to the beach sexually stimulating.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.