Dunlap

I-134 and I-864 Joint sponsor?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We do not have any sort of right to "import" our spouses. We can petition for a visa as long as we qualify. The affidavit of support is part of qualifying. I understand your frustration.

An attorney can't find you a joint sponsor. That is a person you must convince to take on this obligation.

If an attorney asks you for some sort of "fee" to find a joint sponsor run the other way. Because they are not ethical.

I'm not "Importing" but I "LOVE" him and spend rest of life together.

I don't know it is ethical or not because I don't know much about the law but if suppose my mom or my friend can also be joint sponsor with me then why not Attorney can find a person who can joint sponsor so is it ethical?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm not "Importing" but I "LOVE" him and spend rest of life together.

I don't know it is ethical or not because I don't know much about the law but if suppose my mom or my friend can also be joint sponsor with me then why not Attorney can find a person who can joint sponsor so is it ethical?

Why would a stranger agree to a contract with the US government concerning a person they did not know? Would you sign a contract with the government to sponsor my spouse and be liable if she collected any sort of government assistance?

Most of us here (myself included) on VJ "imported" a spouse through K or CR/IR visas. Just using a term, not making accusations. :)

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think you may be confused at what a co sponsor does. They cannot be hired or found by an attorney as co sponsors accept the responsibility of having to financially support your love if something happens and there is no income for him or her. It's not just a formality, it is a serious, contractual obligation that no stranger would be willing to take. You must either find a co sponsor or make the income requirement yourself. There is no way around it.

Edited by talean nawaz

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Why would a stranger agree to a contract with the US government concerning a person they did not know? Would you sign a contract with the government to sponsor my spouse and be liable if she collected any sort of government assistance?

Most of us here (myself included) on VJ "imported" a spouse through K or CR/IR visas. Just using a term, not making accusations. :)

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: As always!!!

This does not violate any constitutional right.

It's the law as passed by Congress.

He would need approximately $60,000 deposited in a US bank.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the beneficiary is not allowed to file an I-134 or I-864 for himself. :huh: I thought the only way the beneficiary can "sponsor" himself is to put that money in the USC's bank account and make the USC have enough to sponsor him.

If its true that he is allowed to sponsor himself, could you elaborate on what exactly he would have to put in the form?

I'm in the same situation as the OP, I am a student with no job and my parents cannot help. :crying::help:

Thanks! :)

K-1 Process

3/12/2012: I-129F Sent

3/20/2012: NOA1!

9/22/2012: Screw the wait ..... we get married!!! ♥ ♥

9/27/2012: NOA2 ... too little too late :/

10/05/2012: NVC Received

11/28/2012: Letter sent to USCIS to cancel the K1 visa

11/30/2012: I move to live with my hubby in France!

hOIQp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

[/b]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the beneficiary is not allowed to file an I-134 or I-864 for himself. :huh: I thought the only way the beneficiary can "sponsor" himself is to put that money in the USC's bank account and make the USC have enough to sponsor him.

If its true that he is allowed to sponsor himself, could you elaborate on what exactly he would have to put in the form?

I'm in the same situation as the OP, I am a student with no job and my parents cannot help. :crying::help:

Thanks! :)

Some consulates will allow self-sponsoring. London is one. There was a post here once about a woman from Brazil who was receiving a pension that was above the 125% requirement and she would continue to receive it even after moving to the US and getting married. She contacted the consulate there about it and they said she could use it for the affidavit of support. They may or may not allow it, but if your fiance(e) has a large sum in liquid savings, you could always ask the consulate if they would allow it to be used. It cannot hurt to ask. If not, you need to find a co-sponsor.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I know that dear, but what I'm trying say is that its my basic right to have my husband it can be from anywhere. There is maybe some alternatives may Attorney will do it along with filling my petition I don't know.

I don't know much about Attorney thing that is why I wanna know about them that will they make any arrangements of co-sponsor there must be a way :( I need your guidance.

No, you don't, and you're going to have a real fun time applying for a fiance/spouse from Pakistan, going through the near obligatory AP and a hellish consulate, if you honestly believe that. And you can't hire someone to be a co-sponsor, it's a huge obligation and I hope you have some very loyal friends or other family members for it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I know that dear, but what I'm trying say is that its my basic right to have my husband it can be from anywhere. There is maybe some alternatives may Attorney will do it along with filling my petition I don't know.

I don't know much about Attorney thing that is why I wanna know about them that will they make any arrangements of co-sponsor there must be a way :( I need your guidance.

Yes you do have the right for him to be your husband, but there is no right provided by US law for him to be here just because you are married... US citizenship is a priveledge and must be earned by going through the proccess. All criteria must be met or immigration will be denied. Immigration Atty's can be really expensive depending on the situation...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Problem number one. You must meet in person prior to filing the 129-F fiance petition. I don't know of any Muslim law or rule that two people who are considering being married cannot meet with a chaperone present. If you have looked at the petition you have to file it specifically asks for details of when the two of you have met in person. If you do not provide proof you have met the petition will be denied.

An attorney will not be a co-sponsor for a client. YOU must find someone who is willing to be a co-sponsor. You will need someone for both the fiance visa and again when he arrives and you file for his green card.

First step, you must met this man face-to face somewhere, it can be in Pakistan, the US, Greenland, the Antartica, anywhere but you must be able to prove the two of you were physically present at the same place at the same time.

Filed: Timeline

We never met one another yet in person because he is Muslim and according to his custom too we can't meet before marriage. We just met on internet.

I'm Muslim too. As long as as there is a mahram [basically a chaperone] of you OR him there (from what I understand you aren't Muslim, so it would be his Mahram rather than yours) :)@belinda63 and the others are right. You have to meet him SOMEWHERE. As for joint sponsoring, I must get one too because I am also a student. You can ask close friends, family members, etc but you can't really hire somebody to do such things. I would suggest searching for additional jobs and most importantly meet him, not only for this process, but to reaffirm your relationship in person!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.