aplummer2

How do people do this??

57 posts in this topic

:thumbs:

Have you started organizing your house so that she has space there? Maybe you could think about things like that.

That's a good point too! I started doing that shortly before we got NAO2. It really helped to take the mind away from all the waiting.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Congrats on engagement :)

Missing her has nothing to do with this process. Well, it makes the time seem to pass by slower but that's about it. Go visit, have your fiancee take pictures of the surroundings that she most definitely will be missing in a year from now. Watch movies together , play some online games(I think we made it up to 1000 rounds of bowling on messenger hahaha).

Have a smooth journey.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Timeline

I finally met May in the Philippines on April 28, 2012 and stayed there until May 16, 2012. I proposed to her on her birthday while I was there (May 6) and sent the paperwork on May 21st. Now the long wait begins and back to Skype. I've been reading these forums for months now and received a lot of helpful advice. My problem is, it hasn't even been a week since I filed and I'm missing her already. I don't know how people can stand waiting the 5, 6 or more months for their loved one. It's killing me already! I just want to be with her.

Please someone send me some encouragement.. :)

Try 5 years. Try being denied visa once and going through this again. So, my dear, you'll be fine:) Just talk everyday, keep yourself busy, try not to think too much. It'll go fast, 'till you're together again:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I finally met May in the Philippines on April 28, 2012 and stayed there until May 16, 2012. I proposed to her on her birthday while I was there (May 6) and sent the paperwork on May 21st. Now the long wait begins and back to Skype. I've been reading these forums for months now and received a lot of helpful advice. My problem is, it hasn't even been a week since I filed and I'm missing her already. I don't know how people can stand waiting the 5, 6 or more months for their loved one. It's killing me already! I just want to be with her.

You'll definitely settle into a routine man. The strange part is..the hardest is at the very end. When the times up, and every day you hope it might be time for NOA2...

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Its not easy by any means. But if you look at it as a horribly long time, it will be. You have to think. You may have to wait 7-9 months to see her again, but then you will have her every day for the rest of your life. Enjoy the moments you do get. Skype as often as possible. (This has saved and made our relationship so much stronger.) Keep in mind, YOU are able to visit her. She can come visit you, but its very difficult as she has to prove strong ties to her country and have strong proof she is returning home. Send little love notes on FB or email. Make the best of it. Get to know each other on a personal level while enjoying the comfort of knowing you'll have her soon. 7-9 months is NOTHING compared to the rest of your lives together. Be in love and take this as a learning experience on how to SHOW love, even when you can't physically be together. I think this waiting period has made our relationship stronger. But it also helps I'm only a 7 hour drive from him. Good luck and best wishes!

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Hey it's not easy but definitely worth the wait! Research stuff on VisaJourney such as interview preparation, how to correctly fill out the DS forms that will be turned into the embassy, location of where she will go to get her medical exam and vaccinations, etc. This will help pass the time while the 2 of you are waiting for the NOA2. Try skype, text messages, facebook messenger, send her letters and photos............anything to help ease your pain of waiting. We waited 6 months before the NOA2 came. Then before we knew it, the interview was upon us and now we have the visa ready for pick up next week. :dance::thumbs:

We called each other many many times every day and night. Cried together on the phone, laughed, joked at each other, had some serious talks as well. I was fortunate to have a job where I could take a month off and go to Laos on 4 separate occasions. I stayed one month each time and that definitely helped us. Everyone is not as fortunate to do that and my heart goes out to them.

Pray for her and you every night before you go to sleep. Give her encouragement when she is depressed or sad from missing you. She will do the same; I know because my sweetie gave me strength when I was down or worried. Remember, the two of you love each other very much. Never forget these days of being apart, so when the visa is in hand and you two are finally living together, and things get rough, how much you two went through and how strong your love became. Never go to bed mad at each other. Make up first even if that means you may have to swallow your own pride. Always build each other up and stay strong for each other.

I will go and pick up my darling in about 3 weeks and bring her back to the US. I never thought this day would come but it came before I knew it. I wish the two of you the very best and that your visa journey is a smooth one. :thumbs: God bless you both!

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Every day that goes by is another day closer....... :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Skyping, Expensive plane tickets and the hopes of a soon reunion are the only things that would tide you over during this long tedious process...

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Just hang in there and remind your self that all this wait it absolutely worth the timeless moments you will spend once you two are together. My fiance and I have been engaged since October 2010. We stared our visa process February 2011. We are now under additional administrative processing for the past six months. A total of 15 months and still waiting...I`m sharing these numbers so you don't feel that you are the only one suffering. Skype! Viber! text messages, and pictures are what keeps us going. Gather all the evidence you can for the upcoming interview and before you know it she will be here!! This Forum is a great support system. When I come here I realize that I am not the only one suffering and the people here truly understand the pain. And like many at VJ says - once the love of your life he here, you will forget all the pain. I`m also waiting for that day.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's very difficult! But honestly, you really do just have to focus on one day at a time. Don't think about six months down the road. The first two weeks were probably the hardest for me. I felt really empty, but now I just go to work, enjoy our time together on Skype and keep in mind that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's kinda like watching a pot of water, waiting for it to boil. You just have to look away and busy yourself elsewhere, it will eventually boil :)

pAAEm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dont look at the months issue ... look at each day as though its just one more day closer. Dealing with the short term is much more easier to handle than the long term

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Namibia
Timeline

I laughed when I first read your post:-) Its very funny how yu missed yo fiancee within just those few days after th submission. Let m tel u my story. We r almost 4months now waiting i.e. c my timeline. When my fiance J submitted our petition, I was always on USCIS website checking our stage everrrrrrrrrrrryday believe m r not. I was always imagining how the miracle will work within our case. Bt, as times goes, I was just learning to take it easy n' go with the flow. And I finally found this site, my hope was renewed again. I was a regular visitor everyday reading others posts n' I finally joined 2days ago. My last words to u, it pays too wait n' good things comes to those who wait. We r alot here. Get back to skype routine my friend, keep on crossing yo fingers and hope for the best. Yu r not alone on this site.

Please tell yourself; the waiting aint that long n' its worthit:-).

God bless:-)

Stay busy and distracted by working as much as you can. The more $ you can show you make, the stronger your affidavit of support will be when it comes time for that.

Also, if you and your fiancee have internet access, consider getting phones with front-facing cameras for video calls. My wife and I have the same Andorid phones and use video calls (Skype/Gmail) over wifi all the time. It helps.

Filed: Timeline

My advice is to focus on your everyday life, and not dwell too much on the distance. I know it's hard, but try to make the current situation the "norm" for now and accept that this is the way it is. It'll make it easier. Always keep in mind that in the grand scheme of thingd, this is a very small unpleasant fraction of what will otherwise be a very pleasant rest of your life.

Edited by jaejayC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.