mary ann russ

help..what to do with our situation?

38 posts in this topic

Russ and I has been married since Jan 2009. We have a lil girl and she is 2 years and 5 months old now. First , we filed on a k3 non immigrant visa this was in march 2010... we got approved from the USCIS 5 months later.. we were very happy but then a few weeks later my husband received a letter from the NVC that we need to pursue a CR-1 route. Now, we are gathering all the papers and everything went well except for the AOS that really takes forever.

My husband has an M.D. degree and I'm a nursing graduate. My husband has been out of his career for quite sometime now because he is taking good care of his mom. She is disabled ( she had a car accident in 1984 and her one leg were amputated...and she has been miserable and depressed for a long time) and in a wheelchair and can't do so much. My husband loves his mom very much (he took her with him when he came to philippines to marry me). and I let him to take good care of her because i care about her too. Now, they had an agreement long time ago that she's going to sign the AOS for me so he can take me to USA (it is so heartbreaking to see them going home twice without me and my baby) but now she won't do it for us... even if my husband has done a lot for her. AOS is the only thing we need so i will come home to USA and be reunited with my husband. We have asked his family and they won't do so much about it. It has been 2 years now of waiting and nothing happens.. our lil girl she is 2 years and 5 months and the last time she was with her daddy was when she's 4 months old. It is has breaking for me to see her growing without her daddy although she does spend time with him via skype but it's never really the same. At times she will tell me "mommmy, we're going home to USA" and sometimes she will cry looking for her daddy. It is has really been a tough situation for us. I know that God allow this thing to happen so good things will come out of it. My husband and I loves each other very much and we have Faith that God will make a way for us and never to give up

Russ and I has been married since Jan 2009. We have a lil girl and she is 2 years and 5 months old now. First , we filed on a k3 non immigrant visa this was in march 2010... we got approved from the USCIS 5 months later.. we were very happy but then a few weeks later my husband received a letter from the NVC that we need to pursue a CR-1 route. Now, we are gathering all the papers and everything went well except for the AOS that really takes forever.

My husband has an M.D. degree and I'm a nursing graduate. My husband has been out of his career for quite sometime now because he is taking good care of his mom. She is disabled ( she had a car accident in 1984 and her one leg were amputated...and she has been miserable and depressed for a long time) and in a wheelchair and can't do so much. My husband loves his mom very much (he took her with him when he came to philippines to marry me). and I let him to take good care of her because i care about her too. Now, they had an agreement long time ago that she's going to sign the AOS for me so he can take me to USA (it is so heartbreaking to see them going home twice without me and my baby) but now she won't do it for us... even if my husband has done a lot for her. AOS is the only thing we need so i will come home to USA and be reunited with my husband. We have asked his family and they won't do so much about it. It has been 2 years now of waiting and nothing happens.. our lil girl she is 2 years and 5 months and the last time she was with her daddy was when she's 4 months old. It is has breaking for me to see her growing without her daddy although she does spend time with him via skype but it's never really the same. At times she will tell me "mommmy, we're going home to USA" and sometimes she will cry looking for her daddy. It is has really been a tough situation for us. I know that God allow this thing to happen so good things will come out of it. My husband and I loves each other very much and we have Faith that God will make a way for us and never to give up

Adjustment of Status (AOS) applies when you are living in the USA, get married and then file to adjust depending on if you came here via K1 r K3 to get your green card; hence the adjustment of status. K3 visa aren't being used anymore. At a time when this took forever, the K 3 visa was a way of getting in faster; But the gov't has made changes and it's just as fast to get through via I -130 so K 3s are phased out. If you are now married and are filing for the I 130 there is no adjustment of status. You get approval and you get a green card; there is no status to adjust. Once you get the green card you can immigrate to the USA. I believe you said he married you in the Philipines. The only other issue regarding anyone else signing is if he doesn't make enough money as per the guidelines to support you and would require a cosponsor. He has to prove that he makes sufficient income to support you and or children. The amount required depends on the size of the household. If this is not the case, then no other signature is required.

File for the CR 1 and you won't need the AOS.

Good luck.

Edited by zenaxe

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Adjustment of Status (AOS) applies when you are living in the USA, get married and then file to adjust depending on if you came here via K1 r K3 to get your green card; hence the adjustment of status. K3 visa aren't being used anymore. At a time when this took forever, the K 3 visa was a way of getting in faster; But the gov't has made changes and it's just as fast to get through via I -130 so K 3s are phased out. If you are now married and are filing for the I 130 there is no adjustment of status. You get approval and you get a green card; there is no status to adjust. Once you get the green card you can immigrate to the USA. I believe you said he married you in the Philipines. The only other issue regarding anyone else signing is if he doesn't make enough money as per the guidelines to support you and would require a cosponsor. He has to prove that he makes sufficient income to support you and or children. The amount required depends on the size of the household. If this is not the case, then no other signature is required.

Good luck.

I'm sorry, what I mean for AOS is Affidavit of support not Adjustment of Status. That's really the problem right now because he's been out of his career for sometime taking good care of his mom. He doesn't have an income because he is not working right now. His mom is our only chance, and he won't sign it for us

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good luck.

No AOS in this situation she is speaking of is Affidavit of Support. She is stating they have no sponsor because her husband isn't working and mom was going to sponsor them. So they have been stuck for 2 years waiting for a sponsor from family and they haven't got it yet. She was seeking some advice.

I am sorry to hear this but is there anyone else your husband might consider a friend his father.?I know this isn't an easy subject just to ask people its a bug big responsibility. Good luck and God bless.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I'm sorry, what I mean for AOS is Affidavit of support not Adjustment of Status. That's really the problem right now because he's been out of his career for sometime taking good care of his mom. He doesn't have an income because he is not working right now. His mom is our only chance, and he won't sign it for us

Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering. You could consult with an immigration attorney. If your husband cannot satisfy the income threshold as set out in the immigration requirements you will need a cosponsor to get it done. There is obviously a reason for her to change her mind. Barring speaking with her and her changing her position, your husband will have to find another person. That's a tough situation to be in. Perhaps you can work this out with her. There was a reason she agreed in the first place and something has changed.

Good luck to you.

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no way to immigrate without an AOS, the supporting documents and/or a joint sponsor. If your husband was a doctor, can he get one of his old colleagues to joint sponsor, as a favor? Good luck OP.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not an easy situation to be in and you have a daughter.You won't be able to come without AOS that's for sure.You need a co sponsor. Maybe a friend or someone in the family can help.I wish you Good Luck (F)

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe if your husband has enough assets to meet the Poverty threshold he can sponsor you without being employed.

Edited by Al & Afiah

AOS (from K1 Visa)

December 06, 2011 – Married

December 23, 2011 - Sent packet (I-485, I-765, I-131 & G-1145) to Chicago Lockbox

December 27, 2011 - USCIS - Received packet

January 06, 2012 - Received receipt notice NOA

January 14, 2012 - Received Biometrics appt letter

January 27, 2012 - Biometric appointment in Phoenix @ 9 am for I-485 & I-765

February 24, 2012 - Email received from USCIS they mailed RFE for I-485

February 29, 2012 - Received RFE for I-485 in the mail.

March 26, 2012 - Sent requested evidence (transcript 2010)

April 02, 2012 - Email notification that NBC received documents

April 10, 2012 - Received email that Travel Document was approved

April 10, 2012 - Received email that EAD was in production

April 13, 2012 - Received 2nd email that EAD was in production

April 16, 2012 - Received email that EAD was mailed

April 17, 2012 - Received email that NBC interview scheduled for May 18, 2012

April 18, 2012 - Received EAD/Travel Card in the mail

May 18, 2012 - Interview at Phoenix USCIS office

August 07, 2012 - I-485 approved

August 07 & 09 - Received email/texts from USCIS

August 15, 2012 - Received Green Cards in the mail

an1cJZC0g410810MTAwNjA3c3w1OTgwMzk3c2F8RGF5cyBNYXJyaWVk.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your husband has two options:

- Find a co-sponsor; it doesn't have to be family- he should ask neighbours, college friends, gold buddies, church family... ask everyone.

- Find a job. As an MD, assuming he is still certified, he can easily pick up a job. It wouldn't need to be full time, as long as he fullfills the 125% poverty line- his mom can be alone for a few hours, or another relative can look after her.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

what´s his moms explanation for changing her mind?

I´d advise your husband to find a job, of course it won´t be easy for his mom to get by on her own, especially since ha has taken care of her for such a long time, but since she suddenly refuses to sign the paperwork that she already agreed on signing, it´s not like he has a choice if he can´t find another sponsor. OR he can move to the pohillipines to live with you and your child there or you can keep up a long distance relationship or you can break up.

I guess it´s up to your husband now to talk to his mom and find out her reasons and explain the consequences to her... and you and him also need to make a decision regarding your relationship if he can´t find a co sponsor and doesn´t want to stop taking care of his mom (which is a nice thing of him to do, but his mom shouldn´t forget that he has to have a live too and you said she is "just" in a wheelchair). a friend of mine lost his leg too in an accident, he lives a life just like you and me, without help of anybody else... it´s possible...

what´s his moms explanation for changing her mind?

I´d advise your husband to find a job, of course it won´t be easy for his mom to get by on her own, especially since ha has taken care of her for such a long time, but since she suddenly refuses to sign the paperwork that she already agreed on signing, it´s not like he has a choice if he can´t find another sponsor. OR he can move to the pohillipines to live with you and your child there or you can keep up a long distance relationship or you can break up.

I guess it´s up to your husband now to talk to his mom and find out her reasons and explain the consequences to her... and you and him also need to make a decision regarding your relationship if he can´t find a co sponsor and doesn´t want to stop taking care of his mom (which is a nice thing of him to do, but his mom shouldn´t forget that he has to have a live too and you said she is "just" in a wheelchair). a friend of mine lost his leg too in an accident, he lives a life just like you and me, without help of anybody else... it´s possible...

2018/09/14 Became a USC

No AOS in this situation she is speaking of is Affidavit of Support. She is stating they have no sponsor because her husband isn't working and mom was going to sponsor them. So they have been stuck for 2 years waiting for a sponsor from family and they haven't got it yet. She was seeking some advice.

I am sorry to hear this but is there anyone else your husband might consider a friend his father.?I know this isn't an easy subject just to ask people its a bug big responsibility. Good luck and God bless.

thanks for the kind reply dwheels... he doesn't have a father now, his father died when he was 12. he's thinking of getting help from a church that would be the last resort and hopefully to find someone there who is willing to help us. For now, we are kinda hoping and hoping that his mom will get better, she's just having a lot of issues right now, she's just unpredictable sometimes... pls pray for us... I think its just gonna happen slowly and when things are kinda like that maybe God is really increasing our patience.

Some people may think, that breaking up is a solution..i don't really think so.. i believe that what God has blessed and bind together, nothing/no one can ever separate them no matter what circumstances is.:-)

My husband think about moving here to philippines.. he just don't think he could be a good doctor here because he can't speak our language and it would be much harder..

Anyways, thanks to the people who put there time to read.. I really appreciated them :-)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

Some people may think, that breaking up is a solution..i don't really think so.. i believe that what God has blessed and bind together, nothing/no one can ever separate them no matter what circumstances is.:-)

sorry, I didn´t mean that you should break up, I just wrote that to kinda show how serious your situation can get if you don´t find a co sponsor and that maybe his mom would understand the consequences... did she tell you why she chaged her mind and is it a "valid" reason or "just for fun"?

2018/09/14 Became a USC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How long did her practice as a doctor?

Does he own a home that is worth 3 times the poverty amount?

If he has money in the bank or owns a home-worth about 60,000

then he can use that to sponsor you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

How long did her practice as a doctor?

Does he own a home that is worth 3 times the poverty amount?

If he has money in the bank or owns a home-worth about 60,000

then he can use that to sponsor you

This is not correct. The value of the home is not the issue. It would be the equity, as in the difference between the value of the home and any mortgage. Even then, equity in the primary residence is unlikely to be considered for sponsorship qualification. Assets considered must be "liquid". The instructions define that as reasonably able to be liquidated within a year WITHOUT UNDUE HARDSHIP to the sponsor or their family. Liquidating the family home is considered an undue hardship because it leaves the sponsor and their family without a home in which to live.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thanks for the kind reply dwheels... he doesn't have a father now, his father died when he was 12. he's thinking of getting help from a church that would be the last resort and hopefully to find someone there who is willing to help us. For now, we are kinda hoping and hoping that his mom will get better, she's just having a lot of issues right now, she's just unpredictable sometimes... pls pray for us... I think its just gonna happen slowly and when things are kinda like that maybe God is really increasing our patience.

My husband think about moving here to philippines.. he just don't think he could be a good doctor here because he can't speak our language and it would be much harder..

Anyways, thanks to the people who put there time to read.. I really appreciated them :-)

Oh dear you are so welcome just sorry I can't help. And so sorry about his dad and all that. My your husband has had to deal with alot poor dear. But know nothing is impossible with God, and when you last expect it he will make a way and all of you will be together as it should be. Just hold on to your faith.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.