maiortum

Petitioner/Sponsor (USC) has adequate income still CO wants Joint Sponsor

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Questions, no answers, just a mega chip on the shoulder that will get him nowhere.

Correct! Once he's through venting, maybe we can help. Not sure whether he just wants to complain or is actually looking for help getting his wife to the USA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

All good ideas, play the game, give them what ever to get done, good luck. Unfortunately honest people suffer because of the few to try and scam the system. You and all of us to are upfront do it right sometimes have to put up with extra stuff to get it done, hang in there.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

You meet the requirement with gross income, not net income.

The situation stinks but the Consulate has the last say on the public charge issue, not NVC. If you have a joint sponsor available, just go ahead and submit their affidavit. If not, I would contact the Senior US Senator representing your State, for assistance in this matter. Sounds like they are just making you jump through extra hoops because the doubt the relationship.

If his gross income $24,000 the net shouldn't matter cos they are asking for your gross amt. The CO can't over rule the poverty guide lines. I would send an email to the SCOP-ICE and report this abuse. If you got the name of the interviewer.

Edited by Olami

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

All good ideas, play the game, give them what ever to get done, good luck. Unfortunately honest people suffer because of the few to try and scam the system. You and all of us to are upfront do it right sometimes have to put up with extra stuff to get it done, hang in there.

Bigdog - my wife who is the real victim in this situation thanks you and I thank you for not berating me and or her as some have done in this forum. To state factual situation is being termed "venting" and "mega chip". Well that is why I served in the US armed forces to protect the "Freedom" of those who speak in this forum. My wife was very sad to see some of the other comments and then she cried when she read your heart warming encouragement to her. So both thank you.

married in India Dec 2007

filed I-130 on Sept 22 2011

Priority Date Sept 26 2011

NOA1 Sept 28 2011

NOA2 February 21, 2012 God bless USCIS folks for working on our behalf. Thanks

Timeline

If his gross income $24,000 the net shouldn't matter cos they are asking for your gross amt. The CO can't over rule the poverty guide lines. I would send an email to the SCOP-ICE and report this abuse. If you got the name of the interviewer.

The CO is making a judgment call. NOT meeting the minimum assures denial but meeting the minimum DOES NOT assure success. What's the point of saying "can't" about something already done. Obviously, if it's done, it CAN be done.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Bigdog - my wife who is the real victim in this situation thanks you and I thank you for not berating me and or her as some have done in this forum. To state factual situation is being termed "venting" and "mega chip". Well that is why I served in the US armed forces to protect the "Freedom" of those who speak in this forum. My wife was very sad to see some of the other comments and then she cried when she read your heart warming encouragement to her. So both thank you.

You have the right to vent and have a chip on your shoulder. Nobody is suggesting otherwise. However, this forum is about helping you get together in the USA and neither venting or carrying on with a chip on your shoulder is going to directly help you. Complying with the request or if not possible, getting assistance from a Senator are things that actually help. Otherwise, though free to do so here, you're just wasting energy.

That you fought to help preserve our freedoms, does not exempt you from us exercising them. You are not being berated. We're trying to get your attention, so you'll actually do something to help yourself.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I don't mean to offend you, but were you at the interview along with your wife? It does seem

highly intrusive if the CO actually said things like 'disabled cripple' and asked stuff like why your 'attractive' wife wanted to marry a disabled cripple, when she could have easily married on dowry. Granted that COs are known to be aggressive in trying to weed out falsity, but they also receive cultural sensitivity training and I have a tough time believing this, especially given that you are a war veteran.

Seems to me they were actually doubting the bonafides and motives behind your marriage, rather than its financial foundations. All will depend on what answers your wife gave. Good luck!

Edited by MrsNotBonJovi

The Journey

Arrived on F1 visa on 25 Dec 2008. Graduated June 2011. Started OPT Sep 2011.

AOS applied March 21, 2012. GC approved June 11, 2012 & received June 18, 2012.

Exactly three months from start to finish,no RFEs.

AOS Timeline:

Day 01,March 21, 2012: Concurrent filing of I-130/AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

Day 02,March 22, 2012: Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day 04,March 24, 2012: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received through e-mail

Day 07,March 27, 2012: Checks cashed.

Day 13,April 02, 2012 : NOAs received for I-130,I-485,EAD/AP & Biometrics

Day 36,April 25, 2012 : Biometrics Completed at Elizabeth, NJ.

Day 45,May 04, 2012 : E-mail notification for interview received for June 11

Day 46,May 05, 2012 : Received hard copy of interview notice

Day 56,May 16, 2012 : EAD/AP Production e-mail

Day 64,May 24, 2012 : EAD/AP Card in hand

Day 83,June 11,2012 : Interview. Approved same day. Card production email.

Day 84,June 12,2012 : E-mail Notification registering PR status.

Day 87,June 15,2012 : USPS picks up GC from USCIS.

Day 88,June 16,2012 : Received two hard copy mails, approving I-130 & I-485

Day 90,June 18,2012 : 10-year GC in hand. End of GC journey, for now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That is how I read it, after removing the gloss.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Luck to you and yours.

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

Timeline

She walks in to the Consulate in Mumbai, India and a pre-screener (Indian guy) calls her. Who is calling you? What is his name? checks something and says "Where is your Joint Sponsor letter?" She was stunned? We had gone over the whole process and every document tooth and nail so the income at $24,288 was well over the published I-864p requirement of 18,912. Also it is not a job income that could be lost tomorrow. It is a Federal Veteran Administration Pension. Anyway he chides her for not marrying early and waiting so long and then says "you married this disabled cripple?" She was in tears but kept calm. Now just a flashback - during USCIS and NVC we got not a single objection or RFE. In fact they expedited the case as my VA doctors had written and the Senator requested it and they got it done pretty quick.

Now she is waiting an American gal called her asked for some photos which were not wedding photos. My wife had all her papers well organized and she pulled them out and she gave them to her. This woman told her to sit and she gave the photos to another Indian lady that my wife could see thru the glass. She waited and waited and finally she is called to a room (#18) and there are two Indian women behind the glass now. Only one speaks to her - the other is just standing to the side and just staring at my wife. The questioning starts. Made a big deal out of the fact that no one from my family came to the church wedding in Mumbai, India. Well my parents are deceased and I am the only child of my parents. Then tell us about his disabilities and she told them. Oh so he is not in a wheelchair? Oh he walks with a cane. PTSD they don't want to go there. Harass some more about the fact that she speaks Hindi, English and a little Tullu. I speak English and Hindi and when I was in the war I picked up a little Tagalog. How can he communicate with you if he does not speak Tullu? She calmly replied we speak in English and HIndi as needed.Then back to the American lady. She hands my wife the 221g which the Indian guy had already filled out. My wife asked her why? And the put down tone of voice "yes dear you cannot manage on his income". Get a Joint Sponsor. My wife was devastated as we done everything as per US law. She tried to tell her that my husband has social security income starting soon and we own our condo free and clear but she did not want to hear anything further.

So my senator has the whole story and hopefully they are in touch with the State department. In the meantime, I am getting a joint sponsor. But I do not trust them now. They abused the innocent wife of a US veteran with malice and forethought.

Thanks for listening and thanks for your support,

NOA1 Sept 28 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you were not there?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So you were not there?

They do not allow husbands or wives inside. I waited outside.

NOA1 Sept 28 2011

Timeline

They do not allow husbands or wives inside. I waited outside.

I am sorry for having to tell you this, but I find a lot in this version of events that I have difficulty taking at face value. No offence meant to you, but 'targeted malice' and 'abuse', this certainly does not seem to be. If you were not present during the interview, you may have to ask your wife to recount the sequence of events once again. There is definitely another side to this story, me thinks.

The Journey

AOS Timeline:

Timeline

I am sorry for having to tell you this, but I find a lot in this version of events that I have difficulty taking at face value. No offence meant to you, but 'targeted malice' and 'abuse', this certainly does not seem to be. If you were not present during the interview, you may have to ask your wife to recount the sequence of events once again. There is definitely another side to this story, me thinks.

Edited by MrsNotBonJovi

The Journey

AOS Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.