javaman

I-134, Affidavit of Support

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hello I'm a bit confused and want to make sure I don't cause any delays in our K1 by not following instructions properly. I could use some friendly advise.

In the K1 instructions received from the consulate they ask for evidence of financial support by submitting an I-134. After that they ask you for a certified copy of your federal tax returns.

In the instructions for the I-134 it states "Evidence should consist of any or all of the following documentation listed below that are applicable to your situation." It then goes on to mention that I need written statements from my bank and employer.

Is all of that necessary if I'm already giving them a copy or transcript of my tax return?

Alma, Almaty, Kazakhstan & Scott, Horse Cave, Kentucky

Filed: Timeline

I would highly recommend getting everything they ask for, only because they could ask for it at your interview and if you dont have it can cause a delay in your case. Presenting too much is better than too little, whatever they dont want, they will just give back to you.

You need the bank letter and employer letter, tax returns are recommended only if you are self-employed. You need to give them everything they ask for, better to be safe than sorry and not have what they want!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

yeah i'm confused about this too. they only said that the tax return is needed when one's self-employed. but then i read the posts here it seems that it's a must...

The form is the place you should take your instructions from. I've gotten the impression that some Embassy's may ask for tax returns, but as far as the form goes you only need to submit the bank letter and employer letter (What is the fourth thing, bonds or something? If you don't have them then you obviously can't submit that evidence). You can send in your taxes but like the form says, they're only asked for if you are self-employed, so you could just be making extra work for yourself. It's at your discretion as long as your Embassy doesn't ask for them.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
I would highly recommend getting everything they ask for, only because they could ask for it at your interview and if you dont have it can cause a delay in your case. Presenting too much is better than too little, whatever they dont want, they will just give back to you.

Thanks for your advice. From what everyone has said I think I will play it safe and send everything.

Alma, Almaty, Kazakhstan & Scott, Horse Cave, Kentucky

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

A lot of misinformation here. You do not need anything other than the employment letter if you are qualifying based on your income alone! To compute your support - you need to meet 125% of poverty guidelines http://aspe.os.dhhs.gov/poverty/06poverty.shtml. If you meet it do not submit any other info on banks. stocks and bonds etc. - you only need to do it if you are trying to qualify based on your assets (do not have enough income but are rich.) Many consulates ask for tax returns - so the packet 3 that your fiance/e receives will spell that out. (Though it is true that each consulate determines what income level is appropriate - the 125% of poverty guidelines is what you have to meet for AOS (Green card) later on and is a good measure to check yourself against now to determine if you need to get a co-sponsor. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hello I'm a bit confused and want to make sure I don't cause any delays in our K1 by not following instructions properly. I could use some friendly advise.

In the K1 instructions received from the consulate they ask for evidence of financial support by submitting an I-134. After that they ask you for a certified copy of your federal tax returns.

In the instructions for the I-134 it states "Evidence should consist of any or all of the following documentation listed below that are applicable to your situation." It then goes on to mention that I need written statements from my bank and employer.

Is all of that necessary if I'm already giving them a copy or transcript of my tax return?

If you want a K-1 fiancee visa to be together with your fiancee I would given them what they ask. Just because they ask for it might not mean they will look at it but would you like to take that chance. If you do not care then given them what you want! :angry:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

personally i hv tax returns letter of employment and a bank statement just handy in case

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
A lot of misinformation here. You do not need anything other than the employment letter if you are qualifying based on your income alone! To compute your support - you need to meet 125% of poverty guidelines http://aspe.os.dhhs.gov/poverty/06poverty.shtml. If you meet it do not submit any other info on banks. stocks and bonds etc. - you only need to do it if you are trying to qualify based on your assets (do not have enough income but are rich.) Many consulates ask for tax returns - so the packet 3 that your fiance/e receives will spell that out. (Though it is true that each consulate determines what income level is appropriate - the 125% of poverty guidelines is what you have to meet for AOS (Green card) later on and is a good measure to check yourself against now to determine if you need to get a co-sponsor. Good Luck

Hey the packet 3 i got DIDNT mention anything about the tax return (they just said that i need to bring the I-134 and supporting evidence). Then when i called and asked them, the staff said she can't tell. it depends on whether i think that the document is useful or not. ???

Hey the packet 3 i got DIDNT mention anything about the tax return (they just said that i need to bring the I-134 and supporting evidence). Then when i called and asked them, the staff said she can't tell. it depends on whether i think that the document is useful or not. ???

Exactly!! Because the I-134 is only one thing that a Conof looks at when making a decision as to whether the applicant will be become a public charge.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It depends on the consulate. I e-mailed the consulate in Rio and they spelled out everything very clearly that I need with the Aff. of Supp.

Good Luck,

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It really isn't that hard to get all that.. If you can't get a letter from the bank guy, you can give statements or such. The employment letter is a must.. and if you want to get 3 years of taxes, it isnt that hard to do. They accept transcripts.. call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 its an automated system that will send you the transcripts after 10-15 days. you can go back up to 3 years.

Do you have any pay stubs? I've been saing mine since i applyed...i sent them all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good advise.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

"Hey the packet 3 i got DIDNT mention anything about the tax return (they just said that i need to bring the I-134 and supporting evidence). Then when i called and asked them, the staff said she can't tell. it depends on whether i think that the document is useful or not. ???"

Read the instructions for the I-134. If the petitioner is self employed then they need a copy of the last income tax return filed.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.