suntrustt

!!!AoS Troubles! A few questions, Please Help!!!

9 posts in this topic

:help:

Hello there

We are having a lot of troubles and worries throughout this process! And would just like some reassurance from the VJ'ers!

It's pretty complicated just like any process relating to AOS or Visa but if you could take the time to help us it would be great!

I will underline our worries in the following:

March 16th: Filed for AOS along with EAD + AP.

March 22nd: NOA

Mid April: Dreaded Pink Slip (RFE for more financial proof (tax transcripts, etc))

April 23rd: Biometrics

April 26th: Sent paperwork back relating to RFE's

14th May: Case transferred to CSC

So with that timeline in mind here are a few questions!

1. Is it correct that only the I-485 is transferred to the CSC the others such as EAD and AP stay at NBC?

2. Will the RFE's affect only the green card time line or EAD and AP also?

3. Using the USCIS website we have tracked each form (EAD, AP, I-485) and they all remain on "Initial Review" which is worrying seeing as I had my Biometrics nearly a month ago now and most people seem to have EAD in hand 1-2 months after this! Stage 2 just seems kind of slow does the process speed up after that or are we just unlucky?

Thank you in advance any reply is appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

My i-485 was transfered to the CSC on the 1st February, the transfer didnt have any impact on the EAD and AP

The RFE could have an impact on the overall application, meaning that your application for EAD and AP, are still processing. I would expect to hear soon about them.

AS I said my i-485 was transferred 1st February and the USCIS site still says Initial Review, my AP also says this as well, even though I received AP and EAD back in February.

Hang in there. Its a waiting game.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The the best of my knowledge:

:help:

Hello there

We are having a lot of troubles and worries throughout this process! And would just like some reassurance from the VJ'ers!

It's pretty complicated just like any process relating to AOS or Visa but if you could take the time to help us it would be great!

I will underline our worries in the following:

March 16th: Filed for AOS along with EAD + AP.

March 22nd: NOA

Mid April: Dreaded Pink Slip (RFE for more financial proof (tax transcripts, etc))

April 23rd: Biometrics

April 26th: Sent paperwork back relating to RFE's

14th May: Case transferred to CSC

So with that timeline in mind here are a few questions!

1. Is it correct that only the I-485 is transferred to the CSC the others such as EAD and AP stay at NBC? YES

2. Will the RFE's affect only the green card time line or EAD and AP also? The RFE was likely only for the AOS

3. Using the USCIS website we have tracked each form (EAD, AP, I-485) and they all remain on "Initial Review" which is worrying seeing as I had my Biometrics nearly a month ago now and most people seem to have EAD in hand 1-2 months after this! Stage 2 just seems kind of slow does the process speed up after that or are we just unlucky? Stop looking for updates on the USCIS website, my I-129F still says initial review and I've been married since November. EAD/AP in 2 to 3 months and Greencard in 5 +/- 1

Thank you in advance any reply is appreciated!

Thankyou for your input! :) It's always nice to see people who are you have been in this position and can help!

Just to confirm you received your EAD and AP but the site still says initial review? That seems pretty crazy but in a way its a relief!

Thankyou again

Thank you Operator I did not realize the website was so unreliable :o also taken worries off our shoulders!

Your NOa1 is dated March 22. EAD and AP take 3 months on average, so you are not even at 2 months. It is way too early to think they should be approved. Your RFE also paused your EAD and AP cases, so there might be additional delay, but hopefully not.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Just to confirm you received your EAD and AP but the site still says initial review? That seems pretty crazy but in a way its a relief!

Thank you Operator I did not realize the website was so unreliable :o also taken worries off our shoulders!

We were in "initial review" for over a year after the greencard came in the mail. No email saying approved, no card production ordered email, no welcome letter...just a surprise when the GC was in the mailbox one day. It happens. Some people get a touch the day after biometrics. We didn't.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1. Yes

2. If you read the RFE letter it specifies that ALL cases are paused. The EAD and AP were put on hold until you replied to the RFE so your timeline for those stopped when you got the RFE, and resumed when you received notification they'd continued processing

3. Sometimes totally unreliable. For my K1 and AOS it was fine, but for ROC it still hasn't been "touched" since April yet I got my bio letter last week.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I assume (silly boy) that the RFE for additional financial relates to the AOS, because there is no financial requirement for EAD/AP. However if Harpa Timsah and Vanessa&Tony say that it screeeeeched your EAD and AP as well I am not foolish enough to disagree.

My wife has her EAD/AP card but she's still waiting for her GC. My K-1 petition still says initial review and it was issued last September so don't worry about what you read there.

I assume (silly boy) that the RFE for additional financial relates to the AOS, because there is no financial requirement for EAD/AP. However if Harpa Timsah and Vanessa&Tony say that it screeeeeched your EAD and AP as well I am not foolish enough to disagree.

My wife has her EAD/AP card but she's still waiting for her GC. My K-1 petition still says initial review and it was issued last September so don't worry about what you read there.

Your assumption does make sense, and I think it is possible in some instances for it to work in this manner. But, I think the RFE notice itself says that all cases are paused until RFE is taken care of, so perhaps the most accurate way of saying it is that an RFE has the potential to pause and therefore delay all of your cases. For EAD and AP usually your place is reserved in line, so the RFE shouldn't affect it too much, but it definitely can. In either case, expecting EAD in one and a half months is unrealistic.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.