Freedove7

Already want to quit 1st job and stay home like I used to :-/ advice?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

had you consider looking for a different job that gives you a real purpose to work?

some retail jobs can be very crappy imo.

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Stay with it.

It will take time to get over what you used to have and realize that for a small loss of personal freedom ( the part time job), you'll get back a world of opportunity to grow, develop friendships and skills and expand your horizons beyond the four walls of your home.

Give some time, maybe a couple of months, and if you still don't feel right about things, re-evaluate.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I truly don't know what all the fuss is about.

This is your first job in the USA. You should be happy, after all of that 'out of status' time you accrued.

So happy, that yer writing effusive tomes about how happy you are to finally fully participate in the USA as a legal permanent resident.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

I truly don't know what all the fuss is about.

This is your first job in the USA. You should be happy, after all of that 'out of status' time you accrued.

So happy, that yer writing effusive tomes about how happy you are to finally fully participate in the USA as a legal permanent resident.

I thought I would be happy ! its strange because this is what I wanted for so long.Im so confused..maybe even depressed after having to wait so long for me to finally be an "active member of society." I really don't know why im feeling this way.It's really scarey to be honest.

Adjustment of Status from TPS to Permanent Resident

Married on December 28,2007 <3

01/18/2012 Sent I130 to USCIS

0/25/2012 NOA received

04/11/2012 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

04/17/2012 NOA recieved

4/23/2012 Biometric Appointment notice received

5/4/2012 Biometrics completed & the real waiting game begins !

Timeline

had you consider looking for a different job that gives you a real purpose to work?

some retail jobs can be very crappy imo.

Its not easy to get a job iin my field of interest with no experience and just an Associates Degree.But yeah,I would so much prefer something health related or maybe clerical? i just don't see myself in retail.These past 3 days have been miserable for me.

Edited by Freedove7

0/25/2012 NOA received

04/17/2012 NOA recieved

Timeline

Thank you all for your repsonses ,I read every single one of them ! I have decided to quit and find something that I could fit into better :(

0/25/2012 NOA received

04/17/2012 NOA recieved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try to consider this a learning experience - you are still 'in school' in a sense, just that your classroom is now a store and your teachers are your clients, co-workers and boss. This doesn't have to be permanent. It is a stepping stone that you can use to head you in the direction that you would really like to go. Yes, it is a real challenge to find yourself now answering to someone else's demands about your time rather than have the freedom of choice you were used to. That comes with any job. It is certainly easier to accept when it is a job that you like, so view this as part of what you need to do to get where you want to go. Don't think of it as your final achievement - it is only the first step on your way to doing what you want to do. It will give you new skills - some of them difficult to acquire in other environments; it will give you a legitimate entry on your resume; it will give you a clearer understanding of what you don't want to do and what you do want to do; it will give you some money that you can use to contribute to the household or for some of those extras that are not available in the household, and it can give you valuable references that you can use later in your career. It does take a shift in perspective to see something that has borders and boundaries and appears restrictive as the opportunities they really are. You are still learning the 'rules' of this part of life and you are definitely stretching the boundaries of your comfort zone. Take the opportunities to develop some good job skills that you can transfer to a job that you do like when you are able to find it and are qualified. In many cases it is not so much the knowledge base that you have about a job - that can almost always be learned one way or another - but the skills that you develop dealing with people and challenges and changes that you can adapt and transfer to any job that will stand you in good stead in the future.

So, try to look a little bit beyond today or tomorrow and realize that you haven't really reached your 'destination' yet - you are really just starting that journey. It helps to put what seems like a mundane or challenging job into a better frame of mind and that helps to make it less difficult to deal with on a day to day basis.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I used to be a go-getter.Being out of status did not stop me from reaching certain goals a few years ago.Before I even graduated High school,I began taking class at the community college that I graduated from in 2008.I even started working towards my Bachelors while I was pregnant.I had to stop pursuing my goals not because I became a mom but because of a lack of resources.Without a greencard or legal status,there's no way someone could reach their fullest potential.I just got granted some "freedom" last December when I was granted temporary protected status( long story for those who dont already know) .I finally found a job at a retail store after 4 momths of getting my work permit and I already want to quit.I miss being home all day.I did go out though,dont get me wrong..But I miss being spoiled and taken care of by my husband and mother .I never worked a day in my life and im 25.Having to stay home for 4 years and take a break from pursuing my goal made me lazy ! i also didnt have enough contact with the outside world and feel uncomfortable being so out there.I love to talk to people and meet new people,but its overwhelming.I also feel like I didnt develop my personality and didnt grow much.I still feel like im in High school :wacko: Im doing things now I should have done as a teenager if I had my green card sooner in my life..things like applying for 1 st job,driving,etc.Should I quit my job and do what im used to ?? its a partime..working for 2 days and today is my second day.I miss being home with my baby ! I know I should grow up,but spending my whole life without a legal status and not being able to live freely has really stunt my growth.Put yourself in my shoes for a minute.I need advice.

Yup, that's the sentence. If you can't handle 2 days a week, what's to say you are going to handle 5 days a week? If you think working with people who are happy and in control of their lives is hard, go into the health field and work with people who are scared and suspicious. Are you going to 'quit' every time you come up against something scary, disappointing, not what you're used to? And how is that going to look on a resume? quitting after 3 days! If you don't put it on your resume, which is employer is going to give you a challenging job without some background on you?

I may sound harsh, but you need a dose of reality! Your husband has been looking after his family and in this economy, I'm pretty sure it's not been plain sailing. You have a support network... keep your job, make the best of it and look for something else in the mean time. This is the real world... the time has come for you to step up to the plate and start swinging, it may be uncomfortable but once you get your second wind, you'll be fine.

03/05/12 (Day 01) Sent package

03/08/12 (Day 03) Package received

03/16/12 (Day 11) Bio Appt recieved

03/17/12 (Day 12) NOA received

03/19/12 (Day 14) Early Bio walk in

03/26/12 (Day 21) RFE notification

03/28/12 (Day 23) RFE returned

04/09/12 (Day 36) Original Bio date

04/20/12 (Day 47) Interview Appt recieved

05/03/12 (Day 60) EAD Approved

05/08/12 (Day 65) 2nd Approval

05/09/12 (Day 66) EAD Mailed

05/10/12 (Day 67) USPS picked up card

05/11/12 (Day 68) EAD in hand

05/23/12 (Day 79) Interview

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!