24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

Yesterday I have received a notice from USCIS requesting more evidence about financial records. They want copies of joint bank statements, credit card statements, loan statements, and/or any other documents that show marriage was not entered into in order to circumvent US immigration laws. My wife and I don't have joint bank accounts or joint credit cards, so we will go and open joint ones. Can anyone suggest other documents to submit in order to cover joint financial records?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need proof that spans the marriage so going and opening something after they tell you they need that evidence is not really going to help your case. Its going to look like your doing it just because they asked you too.

Do you have any other long standing evidence of co-mingling finances? That would be of more help to your case right now.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

You need proof that spans the marriage so going and opening something after they tell you they need that evidence is not really going to help your case. Its going to look like your doing it just because they asked you too.

Do you have any other long standing evidence of co-mingling finances? That would be of more help to your case right now.

Unfortunately we don't. I have submitted joint tax returns and have added wife to my credit cards as authorized user. That's pretty much it. My wife does not work and never had a credit card of her own, so that's why we have limited shared financial records.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I also dont have joint bank acct and tax returns with my husband. He didnt wanna do all that. And he wanna file for divorce :( . Seems like they will send me that Notice to send more financial documents for sure. Not having joint financial stuffs doesnt mean that the marriage is invalid, thats what I think, especially when ur spouse doesnt wanna do that then what r u gonna do? Divorce him right after knowing that??? Haizzzz

Unfortunately we don't. I have submitted joint tax returns and have added wife to my credit cards as authorized user. That's pretty much it. My wife does not work and never had a credit card of her own, so that's why we have limited shared financial records.

Then send them a copy of your cards & hers that she got as authorized user (they should have the same numbers but different names). You could also get a letter from the bank stating that she is an authorized user on your account - it's pretty much the same thing as having a joint account. If you paid for her big expenses out of your accounts, like medical bills, school , etc, you could send them proof of that as well.

10/07/2007 Entered the US on J-1 visa

11/03/2008 Changed status to F-1

02/14/2010 Married

03/15/2010 Filed AOS (from F-1)

05/27/2010 AOS approved, GC Issued

02/28/2012 Mailed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

03/01/2012 I-751 received by CSC/NOA Issued

03/15/2012 Biometrics letter sent

04/12/2012 Biometrics appointment per letter

05/27/2012 GC expires

What about medical / dental / life insurance? You can also create a legal will using: http://legacywriter.com

Read this document before proceeding with will: http://www.ehow.com/...ate-online.html

Also, can you please mention exactly everything you sent so far?

Edited by rosco_qa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

What about showing that your wife is a beneficiary on your 401k and/or other retirement accounts? Life insurance ? Is she a dependent on your health insurance plan? You can send that too as a way of showing that you are taking care of her financially.

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Timeline

What about showing that your wife is a beneficiary on your 401k and/or other retirement accounts? Life insurance ? Is she a dependent on your health insurance plan? You can send that too as a way of showing that you are taking care of her financially.

I have sent them the followings:

1. all medical bills that we got charged for our child delivery and another operation she had after delivery.

2. my medical insurance showing her and my son as beneficiaries.

3. a copy of the credit card we have together (I added her as beneficiary) showing the same account number but different names. What upsets me is that they are now requesting credit card statements with both names on it. I called my credit card company and they told me they don't show both names on the statements!

4. last 2 tax returns filed jointly.

5. our child birth certificate.

6. travel itineraries for a couple trips we did together.

Now the letter is stating that they need the proofs from the date of marriage until the "present" date, not until the end of the 2 year period. This is making me willing to open a shared bank account and credit cards and send them the statements but I am very worried of their decision. That's why I want to send as much proofs as possible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I have sent them the followings:

1. all medical bills that we got charged for our child delivery and another operation she had after delivery.

2. my medical insurance showing her and my son as beneficiaries.

3. a copy of the credit card we have together (I added her as beneficiary) showing the same account number but different names. What upsets me is that they are now requesting credit card statements with both names on it. I called my credit card company and they told me they don't show both names on the statements!

4. last 2 tax returns filed jointly.

5. our child birth certificate.

6. travel itineraries for a couple trips we did together.

Now the letter is stating that they need the proofs from the date of marriage until the "present" date, not until the end of the 2 year period. This is making me willing to open a shared bank account and credit cards and send them the statements but I am very worried of their decision. That's why I want to send as much proofs as possible.

Having a child is the most powerful proof anyone can ever provide. Not sure what else they need? Did you send them tax return transcripts? if not transcripts are most reliable way to go. You should have sent them past 3 years of tax documents but you sent only 2. I would suggest call IRS and get the tax return transcripts for past 3 years.

For medical records, I would suggest send the joint coverage certificate & card print out both. Also, you might ask the doctor to provide a formal letter stating that you accompanied your wife to doctor's each time & the doctor knows you as a couple.

Edited by sonder

Timeline

You should have sent them past 3 years of tax documents but you sent only 2. I would suggest call IRS and get the tax return transcripts for past 3 years.

Why past 3 years? I sent them our tax transcripts for 2011 and 2010, because 2009 was included with our AOS application two years ago. I thought they wanted just *new* evidence, rather than resubmission of what was provided before?

Timeline

Why past 3 years? I sent them our tax transcripts for 2011 and 2010, because 2009 was included with our AOS application two years ago. I thought they wanted just *new* evidence, rather than resubmission of what was provided before?

We married in 2009 and I also filed 2009 taxes together using wife's temporary Social security (ITIN) number :P. We will send 3 years of joint tax return transcript

Edited by sonder

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Having a child is the most powerful proof anyone can ever provide. Not sure what else they need? Did you send them tax return transcripts? if not transcripts are most reliable way to go. You should have sent them past 3 years of tax documents but you sent only 2. I would suggest call IRS and get the tax return transcripts for past 3 years.

For medical records, I would suggest send the joint coverage certificate & card print out both. Also, you might ask the doctor to provide a formal letter stating that you accompanied your wife to doctor's each time & the doctor knows you as a couple.

:thumbs:

You need to send them the last 3 years of tax transcripts.

Do you have any of the following items:

Medical cards showing you have joint coverage

Driver's licenses showing you both live at the same address (or state ID cards)

Car title

Mortgage or lease agreement with both of your names on

Utility bills/phone bills with both of your names

Timeline

:thumbs:

You need to send them the last 3 years of tax transcripts.

Do you have any of the following items:

Medical cards showing you have joint coverage

Driver's licenses showing you both live at the same address (or state ID cards)

Car title

Mortgage or lease agreement with both of your names on

Utility bills/phone bills with both of your names

I agree with first line: You need to send them the last 3 years of tax transcripts.

Also, if the bank statements don't show both names, you could go to the bank and ask for a letter that says she is an authorized user on your account. A very fast way to get that is to draft the letter and just bring it for the branch manager to sign.

Btw, not all couples can send 3 years of joint tax returns - we filed I-751 in February and only sent the 2010 joint return because we were not married yet in 2009 and we hadn't filed 2011 at that time. But if you have filed them - by all means get transcripts and include in the package.

10/07/2007 Entered the US on J-1 visa

11/03/2008 Changed status to F-1

02/14/2010 Married

03/15/2010 Filed AOS (from F-1)

05/27/2010 AOS approved, GC Issued

02/28/2012 Mailed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

03/01/2012 I-751 received by CSC/NOA Issued

03/15/2012 Biometrics letter sent

04/12/2012 Biometrics appointment per letter

05/27/2012 GC expires

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.